Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 21 July 2016 - 03:37 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 21 July 2016 - 03:10 PM, said:

Its NOT a light mech, its a medium. And tanky it is definitely not even remotely close to.

40 tons is classified as a Medium Mech (with a capital M) but it is a light Mech (with a lowercase l).

No need to be a pooper about it, now.

#42 Aethermech

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 117 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 05:43 PM

^^^ What this guy said.

#43 DJ Sikosis

• PipPip
  • Sergeant
  • Sergeant
  • 24 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia

Posted 21 July 2016 - 05:49 PM

"Fixed an issue where the First Victory of the Day Bonus could be rewarded multiple times"

Now that's a bug I wish I'd seen ...

Edited by DJSikosis, 21 July 2016 - 05:49 PM.

#44 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 737 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 21 July 2016 - 08:48 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 20 July 2016 - 07:58 PM, said:

Almost makes up for nerfing my $70 kodiaks...and delivering the $50 vipers without structure / armor quirks....hmmm... no on second thought...it actually doesn't.

Your fault for still being a paying customer of this game.
You keep willingly being f*cked up by PGI´s not-balancing but then you post an "angry" comment and expect what, understanding and support from other players? Gimme a break.

#45 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 09:29 PM

You mean payers don't get support from freeloaders? Color me unsurprised. Along with uncaring for their opinions.

#46 Ninjah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 307 posts
  • LocationComstar Lounge

Posted 22 July 2016 - 12:52 AM

I will give PGI some real money IF they come up with something interesting and worthwhile like the decals. About to buy $50 worth of MC to unlock a bunch of them BUT I do expect a polished product with minimum amount of bugs (features). With that being said please fix textures on Sulfurous Rift. Everything else seems good so far.

Edit: That skipping planet animation is annoying like hell please do something about it (one you see while waiting for a FP match) I can't believe you can't make a proper loop.

Edited by Mirage Jenius, 22 July 2016 - 08:40 AM.

#47 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 22 July 2016 - 03:32 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 21 July 2016 - 09:29 PM, said:

You mean payers don't get support from freeloaders? Color me unsurprised. Along with uncaring for their opinions.

And that's where you're wrong, or I'm just the bloody exception. Any company (including PGI) that decides to 'bait and switch', regardless of whether you (or anyone else) are paying or not, is going to find that I'll support the consumer because they've been wrongfully screwed over. :huh:

You're not the only one wrongfully affected by this, Dee Eight. You've got my support to help set things right, simply because it's the right thing to get done. PGI, just like any other company, has to learn that aiming entirely for the 'Real $$$ Grab' is flatly wrong, and that they need to get their earnings entirely through doing right by the consumer. This has been the sole reason you've seen so many 'critical-minded' posts from me, simply because PGI keeps messing up several times over, and shortly after getting things almost right. Heck, PGI could have earned a lot more money by now through not being tightwads over Mech Bays, not messing up Faction Contracts, and many other things. Now if only they would see the 'Light of Mental Day'. B)

~Mr. D. V. "as sick of these bad moments from PGI as you are" Devnull

#48 Reality Dysfunction

• PipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 81 posts
  • Locationcockpit or bar... UK

Posted 22 July 2016 - 04:40 AM

Drunken view startup at the beginning of the match... been a while since I've seen this. I thought it had gone away. Starting the match the view is slightly... wrong. To fix it you have to go 3rd person and back to first again. Combined with the increased loading times & drop in FPS (leaving me with no option but to drop the visual settings to try to get a playable game where it doesn't stutter when turning the torso when not even moving) this just adds to making the game look bad. IMO.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#49 Apollo777

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 265 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 22 July 2016 - 07:15 AM

What about FPS droping issue? the game is unplayable! also connecting time after a match takes ages! FIX THESE PLZ!!!!

Edited by Apollo777, 22 July 2016 - 10:06 AM.

#50 el piromaniaco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 957 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 22 July 2016 - 08:01 AM

Saving Mechlab changes is quick, now loading times after a match seem to last forever.

Edited by el piromaniaco, 22 July 2016 - 08:02 AM.

#51 Ninjah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 307 posts
  • LocationComstar Lounge

Posted 22 July 2016 - 10:44 AM

Posted Image

Lol wut?

Edited by Mirage Jenius, 22 July 2016 - 10:46 AM.

#52 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 22 July 2016 - 11:49 AM

PGI, there is something seriously wrong with the UAC10 x 3. I am using it in the Kodiak and the ghost heat spikes madly, it can randomly hit 100% with no shutdown (overide is definitely not on !). It doesnt cause internal damage when it hits 100% either so I think its being recorded wrong but not really sure.

Please investigate this ASAP cause it's super confusing.

#53 M i s t y

• PipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 56 posts
  • LocationTamworth

Posted 22 July 2016 - 01:15 PM

View PostThe Unstoppable Puggernaut, on 22 July 2016 - 11:49 AM, said:

PGI, there is something seriously wrong with the UAC10 x 3. I am using it in the Kodiak and the ghost heat spikes madly, it can randomly hit 100% with no shutdown (overide is definitely not on !). It doesnt cause internal damage when it hits 100% either so I think its being recorded wrong but not really sure.

Double tapping with 3 UAC will have massive ghost heat . There is no ghost heat Double tapping with 2 UAC now . 3 and more will need to be fired in pairs or chain fire them so you do not get massive ghost heat spikes .

Edited by Mistydove, 22 July 2016 - 01:18 PM.

#54 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 22 July 2016 - 02:15 PM

View PostThe Unstoppable Puggernaut, on 22 July 2016 - 11:49 AM, said:

The ghost heat limit on cuac10's is two now, so fire three together and you get ghost heat. It has nothing to do with double tapping (except that every time you fire, you're building lots of heat obviously).

Right after the patch they were bugged and even two would spike ghost heat while double tapping (as It was, due to the bug, counting as 4 UAC's firing) but that was hot fixed.

#55 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 737 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 22 July 2016 - 03:05 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 22 July 2016 - 03:32 AM, said:

And that's where you're wrong, or I'm just the bloody exception. Any company (including PGI) that decides to 'bait and switch', regardless of whether you (or anyone else) are paying or not, is going to find that I'll support the consumer because they've been wrongfully screwed over. Posted Image

You're not the only one wrongfully affected by this, Dee Eight. You've got my support to help set things right, simply because it's the right thing to get done. PGI, just like any other company, has to learn that aiming entirely for the 'Real $$$ Grab' is flatly wrong, and that they need to get their earnings entirely through doing right by the consumer. This has been the sole reason you've seen so many 'critical-minded' posts from me, simply because PGI keeps messing up several times over, and shortly after getting things almost right. Heck, PGI could have earned a lot more money by now through not being tightwads over Mech Bays, not messing up Faction Contracts, and many other things. Now if only they would see the 'Light of Mental Day'. Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "as sick of these bad moments from PGI as you are" Devnull

You said it perfectly. He says "freeloader" like me or many others who stopped supporting PGI with money are people who never ever put a cent on this game, when the reality is that there is an enormous difference between being cheap and being dissatisfied. He has any right to keep throwing his money away. What he cannot in good conscience do, is being a sheep for PGI but then trying to get our sympathy. That kind of two face attitude is what sickens me.

#56 K19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 355 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 22 July 2016 - 03:25 PM

Bug grup ??

#57 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 05:23 PM

View PostPraetorGix, on 22 July 2016 - 03:05 PM, said:

You said it perfectly. He says "freeloader" like me or many others who stopped supporting PGI with money are people who never ever put a cent on this game, when the reality is that there is an enormous difference between being cheap and being dissatisfied. He has any right to keep throwing his money away. What he cannot in good conscience do, is being a sheep for PGI but then trying to get our sympathy. That kind of two face attitude is what sickens me.

I really have no interest in your sympathy. My life moves along fine without sympathy from strangers on the internet...

#58 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 23 July 2016 - 02:59 AM

Don't think anyones read my comment properly. I tested this Triple UAC10 quite thoroughly and the ghost heat was perfectly fine and the ghost heat was predicable. In game once in a while I noticed it spiralled madly (so it's not working the way it should) and not only that...

Its hitting 100% heat and sticking there, no shutdown, no internal damage. Override was definitely off.

There's possibly more than one issue that needs fixing here. Either the ghost heat is not strong enough (this isnt my decision), or its random wild spike is too high (I would suggest this is the first problem).

Second it should instantly cause a shutdown at 100% heat, not stick there and allow extra shots without internal damage. It's very bizarre as I don't know whether its a real heat issue or not.

In theory I could continue at 100% heat and destroy everyone... which is why it needs a fix ;)

#59 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 737 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 23 July 2016 - 01:25 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 22 July 2016 - 05:23 PM, said:

I really have no interest in your sympathy. My life moves along fine without sympathy from strangers on the internet...

Well then maybe you would need to get back to school and learn how to properly structure your texts. Because, you know, you just give the impression of a little whiny boy who gets on both sides just to get in everyone's good graces or just to be able to whine x2.
Oh and nice that you don't need my sympathy, because people like you never get anything other than contempt from me, in the internet or in real life.

#60 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 24 July 2016 - 12:59 AM

View PostThe Unstoppable Puggernaut, on 23 July 2016 - 02:59 AM, said:

Don't think anyones read my comment properly. I tested this Triple UAC10 quite thoroughly and the ghost heat was perfectly fine and the ghost heat was predicable. In game once in a while I noticed it spiralled madly (so it's not working the way it should) and not only that...

Its hitting 100% heat and sticking there, no shutdown, no internal damage. Override was definitely off.

There's possibly more than one issue that needs fixing here. Either the ghost heat is not strong enough (this isnt my decision), or its random wild spike is too high (I would suggest this is the first problem).

Second it should instantly cause a shutdown at 100% heat, not stick there and allow extra shots without internal damage. It's very bizarre as I don't know whether its a real heat issue or not.

In theory I could continue at 100% heat and destroy everyone... which is why it needs a fix Posted Image

Have you considered the possibility that there was a messaging error between your computer's game client and the game server way across the internet? Could somebody on the internet have been screwing up communications, and giving other people an unnecessarily bad day? If such happens to be the case, the server really knows what's happening, and you might not actually be overheated. Yes, PGI still might have something to fix, but it might not be as awful as it first seems. However, you'll still need to go over to the "Patch Feedback, 1.4.79" board area and start a thread about it. ^_^

~D. V. "Yeah, I have a distaste for programming errors too... along with a hate for messed up internet routing." Devnull

(p.s.: This post was written while I mentally took a 'Chill Pill'.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users