To Russ. Regarding Your Use Of Twitter To Talk To The Mwo Community.

33 replies to this topic

Poll: What's your opinion about Russ's use of Twitter? (122 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Russ keep talking to us through Twitter.

1. Yes. He should use Twitter. (13 votes [10.66%])

Percentage of vote: 10.66%

2. No. He should use the MWO forums. (109 votes [89.34%])

Percentage of vote: 89.34%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Omi_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • 336 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Posted 06 October 2016 - 04:25 AM

The reality of it is that you can't have your MWO news without baseball and Elon Musk. That's just what the product is.

#22 AC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 09:51 PM

View PostTheLuc, on 21 July 2016 - 10:24 AM, said:

no one of pgi read or take notes, only the wallets are heard

No... the wallets are not heard either. Trust me.

#23 ManusDei

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 01:41 AM

View PostSpleenslitta, on 21 July 2016 - 10:18 AM, said:

Why does Russ use Twitter to talk with the community? Why doesn't he talk here where we can all see what he has to say?

I heard about Russ's idea to put in an energy mechanic secondhand because i don't use Twitter.
If he talked about that kinda thing here i wouldn't have to hear it secondhand.

If no PGI staff responds to this i'll take it as a sign that you don't really give a damn and you rarelly or never read the forums.

Russ probably uses twitter to promote the game like any other company, product or service that uses social media to promote their products, bring awareness to the game and encourage feedback. Spleenslitta your only thinking of your own needs and can't see beyond your own arrogance to understand the real reason.

#24 a gaijin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationUS Naval Base, Yokosuka, Japan

Posted 29 November 2016 - 06:40 PM

View PostSpleenslitta, on 21 July 2016 - 10:27 AM, said:

That's what i fear. But what i don't understand is what kinda advantage makes it worth it to talk to us on Twitter rather than here.
I just don't understand. If anyone could give the slightest clue i would be sincerely gratefull.

View PostTheLuc, on 21 July 2016 - 10:24 AM, said:

no one of pgi read or take notes, only the wallets are heard

If I was running a business you better bet I'll be listening to the people giving me $$$ over the people who aren't.

That's Capitalism, baby! :P

Oh yea...and I also vote for Elon Musk!

Jokes aside, Twitter at least has age screening while these forums do not. I'm not saying Twitter's screening is perfect at all but it's something.

I doubt the staff at PGI is interested in reading rant posts by 12 year old kids... or 40 year old's who rant like 12 year old kids.

#25 BayouDeputy

Rookie

• The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 01:15 AM

While I can understand the need to use twitter to get more players aware of the game and build a larger fan base, I feel that if things aren't addressed on the website forums where honestly; probably most people that play the game would come first to find information on topics that concern them; that it is a major disadvantage on their part as developers. I saw the NGNG Tv pod cast a couple weeks ago with Russ and one of the comments he made was that PGI would soon be asking themselves "What next?". IMO I feel that it would be a good thing for one of those questions would be to address the issue of so little information being released and the fact that the devs may or may not play the game.

#26 Tiantara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 815 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 11:13 PM

View PostManusDei, on 16 October 2016 - 01:41 AM, said:

Russ probably uses twitter to promote the game like any other company, product or service that uses social media to promote their products, bring awareness to the game and encourage feedback.

- That's great. But in same time need to hear something that can bring more players in game and keep those who come and still play in it. Some good ideas with easy to do published here also and some managers or moderators can make that topics visible for developers or collect them into one page like "good ideas to improve game". I see many new players who can stay in game and pay money for mech or something else. So something works and attract them into game. Seems there time to make thing which keep that new players in game longer.

#27 Bellum Dominum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 592 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 04:38 AM

View PostManusDei, on 16 October 2016 - 01:41 AM, said:

Russ probably uses twitter to promote the game like any other company, product or service that uses social media to promote their products, bring awareness to the game and encourage feedback. Spleenslitta your only thinking of your own needs and can't see beyond your own arrogance to understand the real reason.

Using the MWO forums for actual game discussion and announcements like all the highly successful games do and twitter for adverts would make sense and promote more of a community. Going to twitter and ignoring the forums seems incredibly unprofessional and disrespectful to your player base in my opinion.

Claims the forums are toxic (someone stated earlier) well that is the internet for you, and especially gamers.
Can ignore people on twitter (without them knowing they've been ignored) is incredibly passive aggressive and again unprofessional.
Encourage feedback? That is the point of forums in the first place. Twitter is for 160 characters of how your day went, what you had to eat, etc. It even gets used for blurb advertisements yes. Not for discussions. It is for blurbs and that is it.

Early days devs were active on the forums. Had humility. First post (admittedly was in game) I remember seeing by a dev was in the first hour of playing the game and it got me to really stick with to give the game a try was one had screwed something up and had to do a hotfix real quick to fix it. Post was something like 'Opps I goofed. Gotta fix it. Hot patch coming.' Made me laugh and gave me some confidence that the dev team took responsibility and communicated with their player base.

I'm really not trying to diss on Russ. There is so many different ideas and desires from the MWO player base that I can understand it being a bit over whelming but seriously twitter?

#28 Tombstoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 07:19 PM

If PGI was serious about contacting its players. PGI would build an in game feed back form with questions.
PGI would perform informal surveys from the payer base of what the players want on some issues. Have a click box if you want to opt out. Offer incentives to new players like in game cash. wet the players beak in return for valuable first impression feedback.
In short build in game tools for building and maintaining a community. Make the players feel like they make a difference and not as a cash pinata.

#29 Jiyu Mononoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 251 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 10:47 PM

... I've written so many threads about the topic - PGI doesn't want to, sadly neither does the "community" -- trust me, I've tried... hell, check my sig.

#30 CptnHero

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:19 AM

Why should he even use the forum, when you cannot even find his posts with a non functional search function?

#31 m

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 07:35 AM

View PostSpleenslitta, on 21 July 2016 - 10:18 AM, said:

Why does Russ use Twitter to talk with the community? Why doesn't he talk here where we can all see what he has to say?

I heard about Russ's idea to put in an energy mechanic secondhand because i don't use Twitter.
If he talked about that kinda thing here i wouldn't have to hear it secondhand.

If no PGI staff responds to this i'll take it as a sign that you don't really give a damn and you rarelly or never read the forums.

Why not both?

Leaving an option for "Both" in the vote would make the result of the voting valid and less one-sided.

Also, PGI has a form of community management that communicates from internal communication to the forums and vice-versa.

Should also be said that not everyone can find time to navigate to a specific page within the forums (obviously including the CEO). Sometimes Twitter just reaches people easier, and I would even guess a wider audience as well.

#32 Methanoid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 360 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 10:30 AM

View PostCptnHero, on 10 September 2017 - 06:19 AM, said:

Why should he even use the forum, when you cannot even find his posts with a non functional search function?

Posted Image

#33 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 22 September 2017 - 07:30 AM

Forums should be used period
Refusal to use just makes the guy look like a dude in mid life crisis trying to be hip

#34 Exilyth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 23 September 2017 - 07:26 AM

Maybe Russ suffers from a strange rare disaese that makes him unable to read more than 140 letters? Posted Image
Other explanations makes less sense.

If the place is too toxic, just make moderators moderate some more.

Also:

@RealDolanTrump: Russ messing around on twitter and ignoring community, sad!

So, anyone twitter this topic to Russ yet?

Edited by Exilyth, 24 September 2017 - 02:23 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users