34 replies to this topic

#1 Troutmonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 25 July 2016 - 05:46 AM

Been away for a few weeks and played Bog for the first time. Wow does that new ramp and steps really help fix the flow of the map. Now instead of always huddling at the bottom and doing laps the engagements feel a bit nicer.

Haven't heard anyone else really talking about so how're people feeling about the changes?

#2 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 25 July 2016 - 06:05 AM

not really a fan. Teams just want to camp out in one spot and snipe....Gets boring.

#3 jss78

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 25 July 2016 - 06:10 AM

I always hated the old bog, but now I don't mind it really. Hard to put a finger on it, but the reduced clutter helps. Also, the new lighting is much better than the old one, which was basically a grayish-green monotone blur.

So far I really like all the reworked maps.

#4 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 25 July 2016 - 06:21 AM

Forgot they added a ramp on D4 hill. Was surprised and quickly killed when the enemy snuck up on me. Not my finest hour.

#5 EvilCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,236 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 06:23 AM

I love the new map, I experienced it during a storm, excellent work, vote 8 out 10 for me.

They should add raindrops on the windscreen and it would be 9 out 10.

#6 Stormie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 279 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 25 July 2016 - 06:26 AM

I'm happy with the terrain changes, but wish they'd give up with COD/GOWing everymap, making it all dark grey/brown with fog effects everywhere.

#7 Big Tin Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 06:28 AM

Really like the new bog. Overall feel is much better. Time of day weather works very well. Nighttime rain is good, early morning fog is AWESOME. Spooky bog feel is back with the dark early morning fog. Fireflys and glowing plankton are also awesome.

Clutter is better, shots are going through where they should go through. Ramps are clear what you'll be able to hike up and what you can't. Dropship at B5 is also cool.

I miss the orange worm/bug/critter popping out of the water and wish they would have opened up E5 as a third major corridor. Also feels like the 2 line spawn has faster access to the top of the hill to start poking. Maybe a slight spawn point move?

#8 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 25 July 2016 - 06:28 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 25 July 2016 - 06:21 AM, said:

Forgot they added a ramp on D4 hill. Was surprised and quickly killed when the enemy snuck up on me. Not my finest hour.

LMAO I did the same thing. I walked up there confused as hell about where I spawned and immediately got shot in the face!

#9 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 06:37 AM

"love" " much better" ... maybe its overrated a bit.

New bog is just a bit better, but now too dark, and still too many objects blocking shoots.

Well it should be fine if this remix was release one month after original viridian map, not 2 years after and if this remix did only took PGI map ressource for a weekend but pretty sure they work on it since months ....
All of this is pretty average IMO.

And well gameplay for this map isn't perfect, now one team have one stair and the other one have still his 2 stairs... result of this ?
First team push together by right side when second team push everywhere depend how much funny people are ( coze you always have some funny people in each team ) and i dont mention assauts who keep camp between 2 stairs at kappa location.

Edited by Idealsuspect, 25 July 2016 - 06:41 AM.

#10 Big Tin Man

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 06:41 AM

View PostEvilCow, on 25 July 2016 - 06:23 AM, said:

I love the new map, I experienced it during a storm, excellent work, vote 8 out 10 for me.

They should add raindrops on the windscreen and it would be 9 out 10.

What mech were you driving? My cockpit had water effects on it (the bigger water splash, not raindrops though).

Maybe settings too low?

#11 EvilCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,236 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 06:44 AM

View PostBig Tin Man, on 25 July 2016 - 06:41 AM, said:

What mech were you driving? My cockpit had water effects on it (the bigger water splash, not raindrops though).

Maybe settings too low?

I see the water splashes, not so often, raindrops are definitely missing.

#12 Yellonet

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 25 July 2016 - 06:45 AM

They should have properly altered it and widened the waist, the constant hill camping gets old very very fast.

#13 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 25 July 2016 - 06:48 AM

I like the steps and the fact that my mech doesn't get hung up on as much crap.

I don't like the visibility on the map (or I should say lack there of). Still, the other team has to deal with it too I suppose.

Overall, I think it is an improvement. Even before I liked old Bog and now I like the new bog too. Bog is just a fun place to play.

P.S. I'm surprised they didn't add dropships.

#14 Big Tin Man

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 06:53 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 25 July 2016 - 06:48 AM, said:

P.S. I'm surprised they didn't add dropships.

The giant bugs knock them out of the sky, jump up the B5 hill and see what happened to the last dropship...

#15 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 25 July 2016 - 06:55 AM

View PostBig Tin Man, on 25 July 2016 - 06:28 AM, said:

Really like the new bog. Overall feel is much better. Time of day weather works very well. Nighttime rain is good, early morning fog is AWESOME. Spooky bog feel is back with the dark early morning fog. Fireflys and glowing plankton are also awesome.

Clutter is better, shots are going through where they should go through. Ramps are clear what you'll be able to hike up and what you can't. Dropship at B5 is also cool.

I miss the orange worm/bug/critter popping out of the water and wish they would have opened up E5 as a third major corridor. Also feels like the 2 line spawn has faster access to the top of the hill to start poking. Maybe a slight spawn point move?

Rainy bog is much harder to see in thermal vision, so there's finally a reason not to use it all the time on that map. You can still see mechs just fine in thermal vision but the terrain is practically invisible at any sort of range and it's much easier to see enemies at range in normal vision because there's no fog.

Also there's still critters on the map, I saw one just the other day.

#16 AnTi90d

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,229 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • Locationhttps://voat.co/

Posted 25 July 2016 - 06:56 AM

People Nascar around the middle pillar more than ever.

The minimap for Bog is the worst minimap in the game that provides little to no information about the terrain.. as well as being entirely too zoomed out.

There are still too many objects in the way.

IDGAF about rain. It seems like wasted effort and money.

It's still a "use heatvision or don't see people around you" map.. which is sad, because I like how the map looks.

..I do like that the stairs work, now. Non JJ mechs now can ascend without tripping up on that double size step, so +1 for that, at least.

#17 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 25 July 2016 - 06:56 AM

View PostBig Tin Man, on 25 July 2016 - 06:53 AM, said:

The giant bugs knock them out of the sky, jump up the B5 hill and see what happened to the last dropship...

Bug plasma, should be random and light...

#18 process

• Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 07:39 AM

Geometry updates are fantastic. Graphical and environmental updates, not so much.

Yes, it's can still get nascar-y, but at least you have options to cut across now.

I think the C4 low ground still needs some additional cover to provide a viable assault path along the 4 line -- roots and crab kibble are either too thin or too short to shield you from the high ground. I also think it would help to have a ramp added from the C3 side to the B4 high ground, which is still a little too easy to camp.

Edited by process, 25 July 2016 - 07:40 AM.

#19 Stone Wall

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,863 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 25 July 2016 - 09:02 AM

I think New Bog is a the Lights' domain. It is super easy to get to the other team's base for Assault. A Light can hide easily on it too. Maybe it should be renamed Backshot Bog?

Edited by Stone Wall, 25 July 2016 - 09:51 AM.

#20 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 25 July 2016 - 09:32 AM

View PostBig Tin Man, on 25 July 2016 - 06:53 AM, said:

What is this, Starship Troopers? Lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users