Lyran Social Generals are coming!

No replies to this topic

#1 WuhSawBe

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationIronhold/Outreach

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:35 AM

Posted Image

"Hey, a dinner party can be just as nasty as any battlefield. Make the wrong move, anger the wrong people, and you may just find yourself in command of a Regulars unit... or worse, a Militia unit! *Shudder* My family didn't buy me a slot in the Nagelring for me to end up in a Regulars unit!"

Just wanted to give my fellow Lyrans a heads up, as you may one day soon be seeing alongside you on the battlefield. The Social Generals are a unit composed of husbands, fathers, and/or otherwise mature adult gamers who are all friends IRL. We are going to be spending plenty of time in MWO, you may as well know and like the people in your unit, right? We come from a varied Battletech background, and as such our skills will probably vary as well. We may win some, we will lose some, we will learn, and we will have fun doing so! And hey, should we lose, we already have an excuse built into our unit name! After all, we are Social Generals, everyone knows we bought our rank... its not like we actually bothered to learn how to pilot a mech, we just park em on our front lawns! =P

Comms: We'll be using Skype until the need presents itself to find a different system.

Recruitment & Other Bits:

We will be recruiting once the game launches. That said, given the close-knit, friendly, laid-back nature of our unit, we will be handling it a bit differently. We won't be recruiting "blindly" or based on 1337 skillz, we'll be recruiting from those we see and work well with in the field alongside us, people we get along with, and people we LIKE and just generally want to play with! That may mean we work on the smaller side, maybe only fielding a couple of lances at a time, but we believe that even a single organized lance can be enough to turn the tide against an unorganized group. We are also going to be adopting more of a "round table" approach rather than an "I'm the boss" method. We plan to share leadership every Social General, which includes not only battlefield tactics, but who gets recruited as well. The goal is to have a group of equals, where every opinion counts.

There you go, here's a 1,000 C-Bills just for reading this... and an extra 1,000,000 C-Bills for each enemy who instantly ejects when they see us coming!

All joking aside, we do look forward to playing with everyone for what will hopefully be a long time to come!

<Salute>

Edited by WuhSawBe, 24 July 2012 - 04:56 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users