12 replies to this topic

#1 MethBaby

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 6 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNebraska, USA

Posted 29 December 2016 - 06:58 PM

I've purchased 3 variants of the Shadowcat, and I read something in one of these topics I liked the idea of. I was going to make 2 of them the same type of variant with just having the same weapons but on opposite sides of the mech.

The problem I'm having is for some reason when I put the B-Variant left arm on the prime or A Variant it does not give me the option of putting the LRM on that arm. Am I doing something wrong or is it not allowed to remove Omnipods from same Mecha and switch them? I guess they could have made it to where the only way to put Omnipods from different variants onto other ones is to purchase the Omnipods, but that kind of takes away from the whole Omnipod use.

#2 Roughneck45

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 29 December 2016 - 07:33 PM

You should be able to do that.

The omnipods are items, so make sure you remove it from the mech, save it, then apply it to the mech you want.

#3 MethBaby

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 6 posts
  • LocationNebraska, USA

Posted 29 December 2016 - 07:40 PM

I've done it quite a few times, on the 2 other variants. I couldn't find anywhere in game to file a bug report thinking it was just something I did to screw things up.

#4 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 10:29 PM

are you sure you have the extra? strip um all down, and save, and try again.. is it trying to charge you money? is it over weight? few things that could be stopping it. Just strip, save, try again

#5 Reverend Herring

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 124 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 30 December 2016 - 01:32 AM

I also had a problem with the Sahdowcat. I tried to out the MASC on my B-variant, but mechlab said "Item limit reached". Took off the ECM and tried again but no cigar. Oh well, more heatsinks then, I guess.

#6 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 03:51 AM

View PostReverend Herring, on 30 December 2016 - 01:32 AM, said:

I also had a problem with the Sahdowcat. I tried to out the MASC on my B-variant, but mechlab said "Item limit reached". Took off the ECM and tried again but no cigar. Oh well, more heatsinks then, I guess.

What do you mean "out the masc"? You can't remove masc from Shadow Cat, it's fixed equipment on one of the omnipods and none are without it. Same way you can't equipt macs on omnimech, it either is or isn't. Same thing with jumpjets on omnimechs too, usually you can't remove them, as they are always fixed.

Sometimes you can, with different kind of omnipod which doesn't have them.

OPs problem I can't figure out, maybe screen cap would help?

Edited by Teer Kerensky, 30 December 2016 - 03:52 AM.

#7 MethBaby

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 6 posts
  • LocationNebraska, USA

Posted 30 December 2016 - 12:56 PM

I've removed it, saved, placed on other mechs, and saved it. I even tried to put opposite side arm on thinking I'd go that route and it still won't let me add the LRM. I've cleared everything I can off the Mech without stripping it, and have plenty of room, and have plenty of spots for the items, it still wI'll not recognize the LRM in my inventory to put on.

#8 kyfire

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 90 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 02:17 PM

View PostMethBaby, on 30 December 2016 - 12:56 PM, said:

I've removed it, saved, placed on other mechs, and saved it. I even tried to put opposite side arm on thinking I'd go that route and it still won't let me add the LRM. I've cleared everything I can off the Mech without stripping it, and have plenty of room, and have plenty of spots for the items, it still wI'll not recognize the LRM in my inventory to put on.

Is the LRM in your inventory IS or Clan?

#9 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 31 December 2016 - 08:16 AM

View Postkyfire, on 30 December 2016 - 02:17 PM, said:

Is the LRM in your inventory IS or Clan?

Should only see clan compatible tech when looking at a clan mech...

#10 Mechwarrior4670152

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 09:53 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 31 December 2016 - 08:16 AM, said:

Should only see clan compatible tech when looking at a clan mech...

Should, but stranger glitches have been known in 'better programmed' games... Posted Image

#11 kyfire

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 90 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 10:24 AM

View PostWence the Wanderer, on 31 December 2016 - 09:53 AM, said:

Should, but stranger glitches have been known in 'better programmed' games... Posted Image

Yup, and we are talking about PGI home to the strange glitch Posted Image

#12 MethBaby

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 6 posts
  • LocationNebraska, USA

Posted 31 December 2016 - 11:21 AM

I figured it out. I was trying to swap my LRM-Artemis to a variant that didn't have the Artemis targeting system on it. Bought the Artemis for it and now I can, thanks for help.

#13 Reverend Herring

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 124 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 01 January 2017 - 05:25 AM

View PostTeer Kerensky, on 30 December 2016 - 03:51 AM, said:

What do you mean "out the masc"? You can't remove masc from Shadow Cat, it's fixed equipment on one of the omnipods and none are without it. Same way you can't equipt macs on omnimech, it either is or isn't. Same thing with jumpjets on omnimechs too, usually you can't remove them, as they are always fixed.

Sometimes you can, with different kind of omnipod which doesn't have them.

OPs problem I can't figure out, maybe screen cap would help?

Well I'll be damned. Didn't even notice that the mech already had the thing on.. Silly me. Thanks for the help.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users