22 replies to this topic

#1 Plastic Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 224 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 25 July 2016 - 05:41 AM

Is there a 'venting' forum? Or maybe a 'whiners' forum?
I've just passed only 80 hours of game time so I am still a sever noob. Still learning something new every day....

Tier Trolls...
Ok...played a lot this past weekend and noticed a lot of 'man child' players with super tricked out mechs who, after being killed, just give you loads of irrational <stuff> about how you should Play.
For Example : I was last man against 3 mechs, did some quick shots, and turned to run to a more open fighting area. No surprise caught a burst in the back from a Warhammer that split me in half. Guy comes on saying I was a <cat> for not staying and fighting. UH...I'm in my favorite build...a locust with a single AC2 as my 'fun' weapon....and here's a Tier 3 guy giving me stink. Dude you have a Atlas...I have a Locust

Blind Drivers
Last night playing skirm on Froze City...we deploy a line of lights. I'm in a slooooow Cat K2 sniper build. I run an AC5 (I reeaaaalllly like Daka) and an ER-PPC. I'm about a hundred meters in front of the crashed drop ship so I can pop them as they emerge from the far buildings. When ZAP! I get hit in the back from an MPL. The guy on our team in the Marauder say's "oops". <SMH>
Turn back around and <CRASH> the dude then runs into me...and then hit's his jump jets to get over me but lands on top of me....REALLY???....so now I'm yellow all over and haven't even seen a tango yet. Drop back to the crashed jet and I'll be danged if lights didn't start pouring out of the tunnel behind us. Turn and am getting chewed to bits (remember slooow Cat build). Suddenly they scatter then <BOOM> a freaking-nother friendly walks on top of me off a berm.
WTF...can they not drive?
Oh...and I got caught in some LPL cross fire and died. The CAT K2 I just started working on last night to get a build I'm happy with. Trying weapon load-outs first....

Maybe this does NEED to be in the new player area?

Sorry...like I said...anyone know where the venting forum is?

Plastic Guru

Edited by Plastic Guru, 25 July 2016 - 05:50 AM.

#2 Plastic Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 224 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 25 July 2016 - 05:48 AM

Oh...and another "Blind Driver" moment..

I really love it when I'm exchanging laser and AC fire and some doofus walks RIGHT INTO MY FIRE so he can shot too. I mean literally walks over and stands in front of me only a couple of meters while I'm blazing away.

Wow...30 Team Damage...How about 30 "IDIOT Team Member Damage" ??

#3 loopala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 25 July 2016 - 06:05 AM

The forum you are looking for is the daily whine.

http://mwomercs.com/...20#entry5308682

We whiners feel your pain...

#4 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 06:12 AM

View Postloopala, on 25 July 2016 - 06:05 AM, said:

Funny thing is though ...

Plastic Guru has some damn valid points, I cannot, in all honesty, find whine .

Plastic Guru ?
Keep at it, work on your builds and playstyle and ignore most of the chat-yaddayadda .
I ´m saying "most" because sometimes there is a good pointer hidden in the chat .
Also, if youve got a Mic, turn on VoIP in the settings and call the people shooting/blocking you out by name, it sometimes helps .

#5 wikifido

• Pip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 06:24 AM

I've been playing for about 2 months and my advice on the tier trolls is to just ignore it and refine your build based of what you find works for you as opposed to what the hot 'meta' build for a particular frame. My best mech (BJ-A) uses 6 machine guns and 2 LPLs, I catch **** all the time for having 6 machine guns on my mech but I frequently do 700+ damage with it.

As for bad drivers, just get used to it...it doesn't seem to go away. I often get dropped into a game and get raked with some morons alpha strike because they were just 'testing their mouse'

#6 Plastic Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 224 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 25 July 2016 - 07:36 AM

View PostB0oN, on 25 July 2016 - 06:12 AM, said:

Funny thing is though ...
Plastic Guru has some damn valid points, I cannot, in all honesty, find whine .
Plastic Guru ?
Keep at it, work on your builds and playstyle and ignore most of the chat-yaddayadda .
I ´m saying &quot;most&quot; because sometimes there is a good pointer hidden in the chat .
Also, if youve got a Mic, turn on VoIP in the settings and call the people shooting/blocking you out by name, it sometimes helps .

Thanks!
And...I've purchased TWO Logitech VOIP headsets that work with everything BUT MWO ???!!!???...I'm currently researching what to buy.
Suggests? I'd prefer USB but can use a USB adapter if I have (running on Steam Box).

Plastic Guru

#7 Plastic Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 224 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 25 July 2016 - 07:44 AM

So know what you mean.
I love using Locusts..especially after the resize. I have a LRM Locust harasser build that people just give me all kinds of crap about.
Why? I think it's fun as hell to run to some far corner and throw damage (albeit insignificant) at the enemy. By the time they get there I'm in another corner.
Too many just want the biggest mech with lot's of guns to just charge into a huddle and slug it out. Fun, but not over and over again.
Wait till you're 11 and 4 on river city and then tell me if it's fun or not...

Plastic Guru

View Postwikifido, on 25 July 2016 - 06:24 AM, said:

I've been playing for about 2 months and my advice on the tier trolls is to just ignore it and refine your build based of what you find works for you as opposed to what the hot 'meta' build for a particular frame. My best mech (BJ-A) uses 6 machine guns and 2 LPLs, I catch **** all the time for having 6 machine guns on my mech
As for bad drivers, just get used to it...it doesn't seem to go away. I often get dropped into a game and get raked with some morons alpha strike because they were just 'testing their mouse'

Edited by Plastic Guru, 25 July 2016 - 07:45 AM.

#8 Catalina Steiner

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 2,119 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNagelring Academy

Posted 25 July 2016 - 07:54 AM

[mod]Moved to "General Discussion".[/mod]

#9 Bohxim

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 523 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 07:58 AM

Agreed. Just play however you enjoy mate. Remember, it's your game as much as it is theirs. Even better if everyone is having fun alongside you with a troll build and when the stars align it makes for some magical clutch moments
Altho of course I'd still give ppl shiet for being last mech alive and running to some obscure part of the map to shut down with no weapons or something. Stop wasting 23 other players time.

#10 loopala

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 25 July 2016 - 08:01 AM

Ah the littlest LRM dingy(to small to call a boat). One of my favorite troll mechs. I bring a tag with it and spot and stalk. When you get a solo kill with the littlest LRM you worked for it.

Don't forget to check out the under rated locust thread. For all things locust

http://mwomercs.com/.../page__st__4280

The daily whine is not a joke. It is group of players just like you who need to vent and joke about some of the stuff that happens in this game. Like LRM boating AS7 DDCs and folks trying to shoot thru you. Or the players that just refuse to get their paint scratched.

#11 Plastic Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 224 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 25 July 2016 - 08:13 AM

View Postloopala, on 25 July 2016 - 06:05 AM, said:

The forum you are looking for is the daily whine.
http://mwomercs.com/...20#entry5308682

WOW..I will never again whine without posting there. Could be a little lighter on pages (428) but felt right at home. First one I picked at random was a Raven pilot complaining some guy said he should have took on the entire enemy team himself (feel the pain as a locust driver).

Thanks for the link :)

Plastic Guru

#12 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 25 July 2016 - 08:17 AM

I remember i was the last one on my team fighting a couple of enemies. I had a Kit Fox with a mix of lasers, MG's and a single ER PPC.
I get in close with my smaller and more heatefficient weapons. Then a guy start wailing on me why i don't use my ER PPC even though i'm at close range and at high levels of heat.

My MG's and lasers are tearing into the exposed internals of the enemy and he is suggesting i use a weapon that will shut me down the instant i fire it?

But second worst you can have on your team is a guy like this.-
Guy on my team who stands in a corner staring at a wall every match doing nothing. Then when the match is nearly lost he comes out of hiding and says all kinds of crap about his team being incompetent.
He does less than 200 damage before he dies. I end up fighting four...FOUR enemies alone in my Kit Fox in an allout insane no holds barred brawl.
I win since my team had heavily damaged them but the guy starts complaining about how the Kit Fox sucks and i should make a more "competitive" build that is more meta.

There are all kinds of weirdoes out there that refuse to believe anything non meta is doomed to fail no matter the evidence that is put in front of them.

Then there is the team killer. Had one that killed 2 teammembers even though we were sure to win.
He outright said he had to lose for some reason. I reported his arse but i saw him again

And on the forums?....Two guys says my choice of tactics is useless before they even read my guide.
One of them claimed he could read all of this and understand all of it's contents within....4 minutes.
4 minutes to read and understand all this?
http://mwomercs.com/...-tactics-guide/
You gotta be kidding me.....The guide is split over 5 posts because the forums weirded out when i tried to put everything in one single post.
Look inside the spoilerbuttons....almost every last spoilerbutton contains a wall of text and sometimes maps with colorcoded routes.

#13 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 08:29 AM

Don't worry bro, that happens in every tier, including the oh so leet tier 1. Every day I have a few matches where teammates (1) shoot off weapons randomly while they're in formation, and (2) literally try to walk through me.

Last year or so I was in a match on Canyon where our last guy was in a Locust, facing off against a heavy and assault. This was when Locusts were considered VeryBad, so a bunch of spectators on my team started calling for him to die with honor, said he was a coward for running, that he hurt the team with his mech selection, etc. The Locust pilot was TFun90. Yeah, he took his time, but he smoked the remaining enemy in style.

I'm not faultless either. Last week I repeatedly tagged a teammate in the back with my UAC. I wasn't familiar with the width of the arm mount and I was playing with garbage awareness. The dude, who's a good guy and top player, was pissed and chewed me out publicly. It happens.

So yeah, **** happens, don't sweat it.

#14 AnTi90d

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,229 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • Locationhttps://voat.co/

Posted 25 July 2016 - 08:32 AM

We used to have a minimap that allowed team mates to see where other team mates were going.

People still crossed firing lines, but it happened way less often back then.

..but Russ hates us and took them away because he doesn't play his own game.. that and he wanted to sell them back to us with the Cyclops.

RIP: decent minimap
RIP: spending money on this game

#15 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 25 July 2016 - 08:39 AM

View PostKubernetes, on 25 July 2016 - 08:29 AM, said:

Don't worry bro, that happens in every tier, including the oh so leet tier 1. Every day I have a few matches where teammates (1) shoot off weapons randomly while they're in formation, and (2) literally try to walk through me.

Last year or so I was in a match on Canyon where our last guy was in a Locust, facing off against a heavy and assault. This was when Locusts were considered VeryBad, so a bunch of spectators on my team started calling for him to die with honor, said he was a coward for running, that he hurt the team with his mech selection, etc. The Locust pilot was TFun90. Yeah, he took his time, but he smoked the remaining enemy in style.

I'm not faultless either. Last week I repeatedly tagged a teammate in the back with my UAC. I wasn't familiar with the width of the arm mount and I was playing with garbage awareness. The dude, who's a good guy and top player, was pissed and chewed me out publicly. It happens.

So yeah, **** happens, don't sweat it.

Kudos for honesty. I once ripped an arm of an enemy just he was about to gut my teammate then got behind the enemy and fired my SRM's because he was still dangerous.
A single SRM goes under the enemy's armpit and kills my teammate...i apologise but still get a severe amount curses coming my way.

I feel TFun90's pain...me and another teammate had the same situation. No matter how much arse we kicked our team just complained and wanted their mechs back because we took our time gnawing the enemy apart.

Edited by Spleenslitta, 25 July 2016 - 08:40 AM.

#16 jonfett

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 355 posts
  • LocationSitting on a NaCl mountain in a place called Puglandia

Posted 25 July 2016 - 08:50 AM

View PostPlastic Guru, on 25 July 2016 - 07:36 AM, said:

Thanks!
And...I've purchased TWO Logitech VOIP headsets that work with everything BUT MWO ???!!!???...I'm currently researching what to buy.
Suggests? I'd prefer USB but can use a USB adapter if I have (running on Steam Box).

Plastic Guru

I use a Logitech G430 and it works perfectly w/ MWO.

#17 An Innocent Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 285 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 09:02 AM

high five tier 5!!! don't make a mistake of thinking any tier is better

#18 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 25 July 2016 - 09:08 AM

View PostAn Innocent Urbie, on 25 July 2016 - 09:02 AM, said:

high five tier 5!!! don't make a mistake of thinking any tier is better

I'm actually hoping i'll end up in tier 4 or 5 because of my weirdo builds and tactics. That way i don't need to worry about the guys who believe they are among the greatest gamers mankind has ever known.
And if i manage to stay at tier 2 or go up to tier 1 despite all this....well...i'll be kinda dissapointed actually.

#19 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 25 July 2016 - 09:49 AM

View PostPlastic Guru, on 25 July 2016 - 05:48 AM, said:

Oh...and another "Blind Driver" moment..

I really love it when I'm exchanging laser and AC fire and some doofus walks RIGHT INTO MY FIRE so he can shot too. I mean literally walks over and stands in front of me only a couple of meters while I'm blazing away.

Wow...30 Team Damage...How about 30 "IDIOT Team Member Damage" ??

No worries, you will also see that in the top tiers haha

#20 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 25 July 2016 - 10:29 AM

View PostSpleenslitta, on 25 July 2016 - 09:08 AM, said:

I'm actually hoping i'll end up in tier 4 or 5 because of my weirdo builds and tactics. That way i don't need to worry about the guys who believe they are among the greatest gamers mankind has ever known.
And if i manage to stay at tier 2 or go up to tier 1 despite all this....well...i'll be kinda dissapointed actually.

You cant go down in this system unless you do very little dmg (as in 0-90 a match) and die within 2 minutes every single match.

And even then, it would take like a year to drop that low from t2.

See ya in T1 eventually! o/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users