Urbie And Detection?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Xoco

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 281 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 04:11 AM

Hi,
just bought my Urbie, and I am having problem detecting the enemy. As in I won't be able to detect them even when I stare at them. My worst offender is staring at a bunch of Assaults for 10 seconds (I was hiding while waiting for them to waddle past, because lord forbid I can't outrun them either...). I have been having pretty severe lag the past few days (since I got my Urbie), so I suspect that might have been it. But I just want to confirm--does Urbie somehow has less detection range compared to other Lights? (I normally play scout Locust)

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 26 July 2016 - 04:19 AM

Not possible unless someone derped at the XML sheet. Could be ECM interference.

#3 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 26 July 2016 - 05:22 AM

Irvine detects mechs exactly the same as any other mech does. Weight class isn't involved.

I suspect the OP just learned about ECM.

#4 Snowbluff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 07:06 AM

Pfft, you kids don't know anything anymore. Back when I was in the reserves we knew how to handle our urbanmechs.

Now, the problem is your sensors. They are inexpensive, because sensors that turn on right away are too costly. That's fine, not "cheap" or "trash," you're just not a good pilot. Now what you want to do is bang on the console twice - EXACTLY TWICE - after turning on the reactor but before turning on the sensors. Make sure to cycle the sensors a couple of times if they don't turn on right. If that doesn't work try some WD-40 in the button and duct tape on the wiring. If that doesn't work trying turning on the weapons first, then doing the first method. This last trick usually works for me.

Now people say the urbanmech is a trash can and that we could have gotten 60 ton Po tanks with AC/10 for the same cost, but I say the urbanmech is a good robit if you just know what you're doing.

Edited by Snowbluff, 26 July 2016 - 07:06 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users