11 replies to this topic

#1 Terona

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 143 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 01:47 AM

Follow everyone else's example

Make it not a gamble system but a random loot reward system

Because currently it sends mixed messages.

Rare items in the cache have a less than 1/8th chance of dropping. This was confirmed by Tina.

The cost is 25 mc. The cache is filled with a lite of useless cbill stuff and one or two good things.
This looks like a gambling system. Acts like one to.

However, only 1/24 chance of getting a cache in the first place... This acts like a random loot distribution system..

Either, make the items in the cache all worth while. Expensive weapons, modules, mechs, mechbays and give all items in the cache a 1/8 chance to drop, or give every victor a cache.

Option 1 supports the random loot distribution way of doing loot crates. People will be more likely to spend mc on a more fair system.

Option 2 cuts out some of the random of the random loot distribution to streamline your gambling system thereby setting the hook for those who like gambling.

as for myself, I won't be opening another cache until the system picks an identity

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 22 July 2016 - 01:52 AM

View PostDarth Terona, on 22 July 2016 - 01:47 AM, said:

Either, make the items in the cache all worth while. Expensive weapons, modules, mechs, mechbays and give all items in the cache a 1/8 chance to drop, or give every victor a cache.

Giving 12 players +50,000 C-Bills every match? Fat chance. You are asking for PGI to nerf C-Bill rewards by suggesting this.

The cache just needs to be rid of all the small lasers, flamers and all the stuff that is worth less than 50,000 C-Bills, when sold. That's it.

Edited by El Bandito, 22 July 2016 - 01:54 AM.

#3 Terona

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 143 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 11:09 AM

Yea.. Cause an extra 50k reward on my 300+ k reward will break the pgi bank

I do agree they should remove the junk tier supplies from supply caches.

Only if they are trying to make a random loot distribution system.

If the goal is to make a gamble system though, keep em as is and give em out more often

Edited by Darth Terona, 22 July 2016 - 11:11 AM.

#4 Teratoma

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 11:33 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 22 July 2016 - 01:52 AM, said:

The cache just needs to be rid of all the small lasers, flamers and all the stuff that is worth less than 50,000 C-Bills, when sold. That's it.

This is already the case. It's impossible to pull any sellable item from the cache that sells for under 50k c-bills. For items that individually sell for under 50k, you're always awarded a stack of them such that the total sell value exceeds 50k.

#5 Clownwarlord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 22 July 2016 - 11:38 AM

Funny how the community stated this was a bad idea, and even came up with things to make this bad idea less bad. But did PGI listen? Sorta, when they cleared up some confussion on the topic but still a bad idea. Then it goes live ... yep bad idea and still bad idea and will continue to be bad idea. Can we tell Russ told you so now?

#6 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 22 July 2016 - 04:53 PM

View PostTeratoma, on 22 July 2016 - 11:33 AM, said:

This is already the case. It's impossible to pull any sellable item from the cache that sells for under 50k c-bills. For items that individually sell for under 50k, you're always awarded a stack of them such that the total sell value exceeds 50k.

Then there is no issue. People are crying for nothing.

#7 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,924 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 05:06 PM

i think i rolled caches twice now. once to see what it was about (with mc won in previous events, i didnt spend real money on it), and once with the free key from the current personal challenge. both times i got 250k cbills, mind you thats only one or two games for me. sure il keep rollin if you keep giving me free keys, but i wont be buying any.

#8 Moldur

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 06:55 PM

Lol. Gambling is horrifically unfair. That's the point.

Nobody has ever said "I'll give you a good deal if you are willing to gamble."

I have no pity for people who gamble and find the system unfair.

Because currently it sends mixed messages [...] I won't be opening another cache until the system picks an identity.

It is a gamble that caches in on suckers *budumtss.* That's its identity. The end. Seriously, what is so hard to understand here?

#9 Batch1972

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 22 July 2016 - 07:05 PM

Has anyone actually won anything worthwhile?

#10 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 07:06 PM

False initial premise that there is something in need of fixing, regarding supply caches.

It's not a broken dynamic. Open them at your peril. It's purely on you.

#11 Tigven

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 04:03 AM

How To Fix Supply Cache:

1. Grant more of them. (Maybe 3 per match?)

2. Make sure all of them contain a high-value reward, so that all of them are worth gambling.

@1. Currently your expected rate of acquiring Supply Caches is one per 24 matches, that is a VERY low rate.

E.g. Team Fortress 2 swamps you with them, so that there is no limit on how much cash gamblers can spend.

@2. I've got 2 caches from the event. None of them contained anything of desire, so I had to sell them. I'd probably open both if there was a (tiny) chance of getting a 'Mechbay or large amount of MC or some expensive decal/paint.

#12 SavageConvoy

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 06:29 AM

I don't get some of the lines of reasoning in this thread.
"Just sell them, they are fine as is, don't spend money on the system, you're getting 50k extra"
If you're saying this, you acknowledge that it really doesn't add anything to the game experience. 50k extra c-bills is a small amount compared to the fraction of c-bills you get from the game itself and doesn't really feel like a reward on top of a victory.

The problem is that you take a random loot drop and turn it into a gamble. You lose MC and replace it with something you most likely could have bought with the c-bills from the victory itself. Even though you're only losing a small amount of MC, it doesn't really help the player experience.
I don't see why so many people are hostile about people offering suggestions to improve player experience (reasonably)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users