Gate Proximity, Or Lack Thereof

3 replies to this topic

#1 SirSoggyDog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 121 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 04:06 PM

I'd first just like to say thanks for finally giving us a place to discuss the long standing issues in the CW maps! I'm of the opinion that a lot of work needs to be done here to make CW as enjoyable as it can be.

Gameplay on hellebore springs is usually pretty monotonous: Either the entire team goes alpha gate, or the entire team goes beta gate, as the gates are too far apart to allow for "split pushes". This, coupled with the very constricting nature of the rest of the map, results in the two aforementioned strategies being the only viable tactics on the map, which leads to very repetitious and predictable games.

This is what I've seen as a pug drop commander, so if anyone has a different conclusion just say so.

#2 Jables McBarty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts
  • LocationIn the backfield.

Posted 02 August 2016 - 11:54 AM

I agree.

Absolutely zero risk of a viable feint or flank.

Will also add that the attack corridors are very long, taking up a large amount of time that is simply "predictable walking." I find this to be quite a waste because there's no way you can use that walking time to outsmart your opponent (something conceivable on PH, where you can swing wide around the map's outer perimeter).

#3 quantaca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 10:42 PM

I dont really mind the lack of a serious feint/flank option as most teams will just group up anyway but i do agree that are are not enough options overall (the gates are like a walk 3 minutes apart) and the long walk from spawn towards the gates is boring, i do like that the layout of this map is a bit different (with the defenders spawn towards the attackers side, but it does limit the options a lot, in this layout the map could use selectable drop points so you can drop closer to the desired gate and cut down on the walking time

#4 Imigo Montoya

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 297 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 11:38 PM

Selectable Dropzones would be the very best feature.

But i think what i preventing a split push is the time an attacker needs the walk from the gate area to a point where every part of the entire team could support each other.

so if u push threw one gate and the defender is smart enough he can push one attacker group on one gate without risking to fight both groups at the same time.

i would just remove the hill in D6-E6-F6 shorten the wy to both gates and remove some parts from G3 and C3 so the way from gate to base is shorter

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users