Quick Play Becomes Solaris Vii

Gameplay Balance Maps

4 replies to this topic

#1 Dredger

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 83 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 05:16 AM

Just a thought on beefing up Faction Play. Right now Quick Play and Faction Play offer almost identical battle experiences. 12-man teams completing objectives. Only... Quick Play seems to have more variety in its game modes, which is odd.

I would like to suggest that the way to improve this is to make Quick Play and Faction Play radically different.

As such, I suggest taking all the current 12-man content out of Quick Play and using those game-modes and maps to improve Faction Play with alternate missions and locations.

I would also suggest that Quick Play be turned into the Solaris Vii mech curcuit. Smaller maps based on The Factory, The Jungle, The Colleseum, etc. Matches would be separated by weight class. Game modes would be Free for All, King of the Hill, Team Attrition, and Capture the Flag.

Theoretically, if players really enjoy 12-man battles they should join Faction Play.

At any rate, this is just my view.

EDIT: You could also use this to introduce a ranked match system called 'Championship', in which weight classes are mixed and players can attain leaderboard status.

Lore-wise this also works quite nicely, as battlefield vets tend to look down on the Mech Jockeys of Solaris for their 'sheltered' combat and lack of tactics. Therefore Solaris Vii is the "casual" mech combat experience.

Edited by Dredger, 30 July 2016 - 05:40 AM.

#2 Dredger

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 83 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 08:21 AM

Could also be interesting to add a spectator mechanic to the Arena matches, where other pilots can observe games and place C-bill bets on different mechs or teams.

#3 Zolaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 30 July 2016 - 10:50 AM

View PostDredger, on 30 July 2016 - 08:21 AM, said:

Could also be interesting to add a spectator mechanic to the Arena matches, where other pilots can observe games and place C-bill bets on different mechs or teams.

Paul would say that you are making too much c-bills and that teams are throwing matches so that bettors can win.

#4 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,066 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 10:49 PM

i think the best bet for solaris is a series of solaris themed maps and modes for qp, vs a 3rd division of population. so i have no problem with this.

#5 Hotthedd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 3,213 posts
  • LocationDixie

Posted 01 August 2016 - 06:07 PM

Clan mechs would then be relegated to FP, as they would not be seen in Solaris.

Perhaps make a QP mode for clans only, call it "Trials for Position"?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users