Lights Fight Mech Sale!

58 replies to this topic

#21 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 11:09 AM

I'm fine with the sale following/concurrent to the MC deal event. Smart by them and exactly WHY I haven't used any of that MC for anything yet. I wanted to add a bane to the mech garage, since even with the de-structuring they're still bloody hard to kill. I've found the best method is to first use an SRM6 without artemis as a close range shotgun to remove a leg...and then hose the thing as the pilot basically gives up when he goes from 160kph to 40. Likewise I've thought about a huggin simply to try out a 1300 meter LRM build idea I have. And yes, Jenner IICs to give the ol' massive SRM6 blaster a go. And maybe cheetahs too. I did enjoy a single game in the trial champion one.

#22 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 11:48 AM

hope theres a light mech leaderboard event. I wanna wreck people in my kitfoxes and my locust :)

I don't know if I want to buy anymore lights though, I'm not sure how good they are.

#23 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 28 July 2016 - 12:12 PM

View PostTordin, on 28 July 2016 - 10:47 AM, said:

Such a whinefest over the icreased size of certain lights. If you did good in it before the rescale, then there really shouldnt be a problem now, ESPECIALLY if you liked it because of different reasons (nostalgia, natural talent etc)
Namely Wolfhound, Panther etc got taller If not much at width. The hitboxes counts too, if not even more, alongside hardpoint placements and not only size.

Also it didnt make a lick of sense with the scale difference between a Cicada 40t and the Wolfhound 35t before. 5 ton difference shouldnt have had that size gap! Sure there were some bonkers recales of some mechs (Archer *cough*) but the lights are where they should be.

Cant believe some blindsided snappers want to see the Locust even more nerfed. Seriously learn to pilot. If your are in an Assault, you stick with the team, learn to put the back against the wall and pack some decent anti-light weapons.
The serious threat to balance in any game is the flood of new (and old, yeah) ignorant players who want to bend the developers to their will, make them shape the game after what they cry for and not in the best interest overall for any pilot.

So many jaded players..

I aint got time to play MWO nowadays, but oh I will come back soon. I will let my inner light wolfhound spirit tear some so called "meta" mechs apart!!
Wont buy any of these lights, got almost all. Enough mechs waiting in line to be elited.

Also if you cant handle a certain mech or weight class, it isnt always the mechs fault. It can be yours beginner faults, forced "trying to like it, but cant handle it" moments or a dire need for crutch quirks. Try another, dont stress it.

Oh and nice sale PGI. Newbies that want to git gud with lights are in dire need.
Adapt or scrap.

That bears even less logic.

I wanted "oversized Lights" like the Cicada and Ice Ferret to be smaller. The reverse only makes Lights worse. It's not as if parts of an arm or body was shrunk... it's that everything got bigger. Anyone with a brain can figure that if your targets are bigger (especially in the direction you are firing them at), they will take damage more frequently. It's not rocket science.

#24 dario03

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 12:17 PM

Lights needed buffed and a new chassis more than a sale and event.

#25 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 28 July 2016 - 12:35 PM

Of course. I bought an Oxide yesterday.. #timing

#26 Ruinarion

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 12:46 PM

I would buy some lights if I had the mechbays. But as it is, I am saving up for a mechbay sale.

#27 invernomuto

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 28 July 2016 - 01:04 PM

Looking for Clan Light: Artic Cheeta or Jenner IIC? Which one is better? I have the IS Jenner so I'd like to go with Jenner IIC only if better than AC.

#28 Aethermech

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 117 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 01:43 PM

View Postinvernomuto, on 28 July 2016 - 01:04 PM, said:

Looking for Clan Light: Artic Cheeta or Jenner IIC? Which one is better? I have the IS Jenner so I'd like to go with Jenner IIC only if better than AC.

They are different yet simular. They are both shock and awe mechs for clans. The cheeto is a hard to hit target which some of the IIC jenners are light mechs packing medium heavy weapons for an all or nothing rear armor poke. The big difference is how much custom stuff you can pack into the jenners. The clan armor/structure space cost means you can pack a ton of stuff into them. You can make a clan oxide that uses srm6 and JJ. And it goes the same speed as the srm4 oxide.

#29 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,575 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 28 July 2016 - 01:58 PM

Ha! Was saving for a third Mist Lynx, can now buy it. Now to live in c-bill bonus heavies and assaults for the weekend to try to grind enough for three discounted jenner IICs.

#30 Sigilum Sanctum

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,673 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 28 July 2016 - 02:07 PM

Posted Image

Yeah...no thanks.

#31 4EVR

• PipPipPip
  • The Icon
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 02:09 PM

MWO is pretty much the first MechWarrior title where lights are even relevant. That's not going to change.

You can review the rescaled lights here and here (mechs that aren't pictured didn't change). Really, PGI ought to be commended for the principled and realistic approach they took with rescaling. Yeah you can argue about having different densities for the engine and so on but on the whole I think mech sizes make *far* more sense now than they did before.

And events like this help them gauge the effectiveness of different mechs. It's not like the current quirks are set in stone.

#32 Kali Rinpoche

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 28 July 2016 - 07:18 PM

Keep the sales coming. It helps new folks, especially the free loaders, reduce the grind! Posted Image

As for those belaboring the rescale, give it a rest already. You've posted your opinions, don't make them mute by repeating them over and over.

Edited by Kali Rinpoche, 28 July 2016 - 07:18 PM.

#33 stealthraccoon

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 28 July 2016 - 07:57 PM

So much vinegar over nothing - going to use this as an excuse to load up on kit foxes, because I haven't seen many kicking around.

#34 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 08:05 PM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 28 July 2016 - 12:35 PM, said:

Of course. I bought an Oxide yesterday.. #timing

Email support and ask for the discount to be applied retroactively.

#35 HerHareHair

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 11:41 PM

Is the lack of sale on Light Mastery Packs intentional or oversight?

#36 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 29 July 2016 - 03:28 AM

View PostHerHareHair, on 28 July 2016 - 11:41 PM, said:

Is the lack of sale on Light Mastery Packs intentional or oversight?

Mastery Packs are already a 50% discount. They never go on sale. Go and compare the sale prices in MC of any of the three mechs that make up a mastery pack and then compare the mastery pack price. Mastery pack will still be cheaper and that ignores the premium time (and in some cases cockpit item) that get with the mastery pack.

#37 Kaveli

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 69 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 04:32 AM

If only there was a Mech Bay sale where I could put all these....

#38 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 08:06 AM

View Poststealthraccoon, on 28 July 2016 - 07:57 PM, said:

So much vinegar over nothing - going to use this as an excuse to load up on kit foxes, because I haven't seen many kicking around.

Fun mechs, 16 tons of pod space in a 30 ton package means you can legitimately install Ultra or LBX-20s with ammo, or a Gauss Rifle, and still have a couple ERMLs with them along with actual armor and a mech that'll break 100. Try doing that in a IS light....

I own three (prime, S and D cores) and will likely buy a fourth while on sale just to build such a beast to keep permantly configured that way (the others are a triple AMS/ECM supporter, a high alpha MG/SRM skirmisher, and a ERLL sniper).

Edited by Dee Eight, 29 July 2016 - 08:08 AM.

#39 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 08:13 AM

View PostKaveli, on 29 July 2016 - 04:32 AM, said:

If only there was a Mech Bay sale where I could put all these....

THERE IS...BUY MC...GET FREE MECH BAYS WITH IT....

http://mwomercs.com/...01-stockpile-mc

If you're hoping for some magical 150MC bay price event.... you have FIVE AND A HALF months till that happens so stop complaining/whining about it.

#40 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,010 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 29 July 2016 - 02:40 PM

Yeah, I am sure PGI will sell a lot of mechs considering...

1. in what poor state the light mech class is
2. that the event develops into a streak-fest killing all the fun

Edited by Bush Hopper, 29 July 2016 - 02:47 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users