142 replies to this topic

#121 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 01:40 PM

View PostAramuside, on 03 August 2016 - 01:32 PM, said:

Can't pretend I had fun but at least I levelled my adders from scratch to almost all mastered out. I also had my longest ever losing streak of course at one point which made it very grim. Posted Image

ok ok, il admit that I had bad times too :P My friend legged me twice when I was trying to get on the leaderboard, I got wrecked by some top tier players, and got my side torsos 1 shotted I don't know how many times, and had very one sided matches, always 12 0 or 0 12. And I invested about approx. 150 games to try and be the number one kit fox pilot. (lost count at 130) but, kit foxes are (tied with my locust) favorite light mech so I cant say I had no fun at all :)

#122 SHIN BRODAMA

• PipPipPip
  • Warrior - Point 2
  • Warrior - Point 2
  • 67 posts
  • LocationJersey

Posted 03 August 2016 - 01:47 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 03 August 2016 - 09:50 AM, said:

Yeah even in the I.S mechs where the payload and thus alpha damage is limited, the scores got very high for the top 5s. This suggests wholesale farming has been going on and of course, PGI won't do anything concrete about it (like naming any farmers). There's just no way to score that many solo KMDD killing blows per match, without targets just standing still with their backs presented in every one of those ten games needed to put up the top score. Two groups of 12 of generally exclusively FW players, taking turns to glad hand one, two or three guys on each team their 300+ point games.

Take for example, there's a player and you can all go figure this out yourselves, top five on the commando, spider, firestarter and kit fox. According to the season 1 leaderboard so far, only played 62 games since Aug 1st and won 49 of them, with more than a 2.5 K/D ratio per game. Leads a mercenary faction unit with only 8 members and has a very high w/l and k/d ratio in FW, and that is team captain of same unit in world championships.

I played the kit fox almost exclusively, only got to 26th, and played 88 games in the past 3 days of season 1, winning just over half of them and a couple hundred in the last four days of season 0.

Whoaa there, not sure if you were replying to my post but I wasn't suggesting the top 5 cheetah pilots did any cheating, I was saying I have a huge appreciation for the skill required to get to where they did. I hit #4 on the recent Griffin leaderboard by putting in 12 hours of solid effort with a meta build and hunting potatoes like it was my day job, no cheating required. Unless someone shows me evidence I'll believe the top players got there by playing the game just like I know I can, given the right amount of effort :)

#123 Xzip

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 02:09 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 03 August 2016 - 12:41 PM, said:

Actually that was predicted early in the thread before the event actually began. Its not hard to understand why if you look at the scoring system and the results that happen on the leaderboard. The event doesn't care about damage, just kills, and most importantly, solo kills with the most damage dealt. If you walk up behind a jenner and pop its CT using two LPLs for a mere 22 damage... that's going to score you 61 points, do that five times in the match, survive and win and you're over 300 points. Now multiply that by ten and you get how people put up 3000+ scores on the leaderboard. The odds of managing ten such perfect games on ONE chassis is astronomically high, but to do it multiple mech models... in a week... and to do so playing so few total games...just screams organised cheating.

Hopelessly unreliable. Maybe one time, years ago they did something about the reports, but I doubt they do anything today. Even when you report to support directly with emailed video files and screen captures, you only get a form letter reply and the reported people still appear in games. It would be nice if besides the leaderboard info already presented, you could lookup other players stats to see how many games they put in on a chassis in the past 30 days. Of course they won't do that, because then it'd be so bloody obvious as to who is cheating when they do 20 matches only and have ten perfect games.... and yet they're still rewarded with MC and Cbills....

You know what.. It is probably pointless but whatever.

A) Spider no.4 here. 3014 score. 67 drops. All were puging alone it because my unit is inactive during events - brings too many tryhards to yard.

B)If you haven't noticed, it wasn't about kills alone. KMMD + Kill Assists were rewarded too. I had games where I got KMMD but few solo kills. On other hand, had game with over 1000 damage 6 KMDD, 4 solo kills.

C)You didn't had to play multiple chasis, if you haven't noticed. You could pick exactly one through whole event. Like I picked my Spider 5K because it is my favorite.

Frankly, I shouldn't give a ****, but it feels really nice to be called cheater by virtue of being damn good and damn lucky.

Oh, and frankly... Maybe just mech you picked is not mech that is best for you... or maaaaaybe... you are not as good as you think you are?

Edited by Xzip, 03 August 2016 - 02:11 PM.

#124 PFC Carsten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 03 August 2016 - 02:14 PM

View PostAramuside, on 03 August 2016 - 01:26 PM, said:

No one competing in the adders I spoke to ever saw them in the solo queue where we were at any time in the event and their scores never changed after that.

psichih0lic and IL MECHWARRIOR I do have seen in the quick play solo queue - and can attest that both are very good players.

View PostXzip, on 03 August 2016 - 02:09 PM, said:

B)If you haven't noticed, it wasn't about kills alone. KMMD + Kill Assists were rewarded too. I had games where I got KMMD but few solo kills. On other hand, had game with over 1000 damage 6 KMDD, 4 solo kills.

Nice! That's 367 Event-Score, presuming you lived and you did 0 Team Damage. Now imagine to need 10 of those matches.

Edited by PFC Carsten, 03 August 2016 - 02:20 PM.

#125 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGaledon District

Posted 03 August 2016 - 02:16 PM

View PostMichal R, on 28 July 2016 - 11:30 PM, said:

I see a sad thing today.
One of the player help another to get bigger DMG.
I ask him on global chat why he helping him, and he said he want to he get bigger score.
He has 1 dmg on that game.
It is sad because 1 dmg players is a good player.
And the player who get that free dmg is always on top 5 on any event.
Sad very sad.
But Perfect Game Industry do nothing....like always.

This has been going on since the first leaderboard event.

#126 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 03 August 2016 - 02:32 PM

View PostG SE7EN7, on 03 August 2016 - 02:16 PM, said:

This has been going on since the first leaderboard event.

All the more reasone not to keep quiet about it.

#127 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 02:56 PM

View PostXzip, on 03 August 2016 - 02:09 PM, said:

You know what.. It is probably pointless but whatever.

I wasn't referring to you. I am well aware of how the leaderboard scoring system works. Except for maybe two dozen matches spread between a bane, a myst lynx, and three cheetahs and three jenners, I logged around 300 matches in the past week on the kit fox alone. But the player I was referring to, has 3 team mates (out of 12 on their world championship team) who also placed highly in the lights leaderboards. One of them is on 6 boards with a 3rd, 2nd, 5th, 10th, 24th, 32nd. A third got a 2nd and a 27th, and the fourth got a 9th, 10th and 22nd. Many if not all of the team are Tier 1s. I find it very hard to believe that playing against other Tier 1s they're racking up such ridiculous scores. Hell even against Tier 5s the odds of doing so are astromical, especially when there's a lot of overlap on mech models between them (the spider was especially popular with three of four doing well on it).

#128 Xzip

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 03:12 PM

Exceeeept... you know that for event tier limits got much laxier? And that you can face T3 being in T1?

ALSO your first statment was general as hell, sounding like accusation of all over 3000 score players.

#129 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 03 August 2016 - 03:17 PM

View PostXzip, on 03 August 2016 - 03:12 PM, said:

Exceeeept... you know that for event tier limits got much laxier? And that you can face T3 being in T1?

ALSO your first statment was general as hell, sounding like accusation of all over 3000 score players.

Not for nothing, but I'd be surprised if a tier 1 player ever didn't have a tier 3 player in any given public match, regardless of how tight or lax the mm is at the time.

Edited by Bilbo, 03 August 2016 - 03:17 PM.

#130 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 03:31 PM

View PostXzip, on 03 August 2016 - 03:12 PM, said:

Yes, but its still supposedly never supposed to put 1s and 5s together (1s and 4s sure, I've seen that happen myself). And you have to be general in referring to cheats since the forum rules don't allow naming them here (and yes I DID shoot an email off to the moderation account about the specific people already). But anyone else reasonably intelligent should be able to figure out who's the who in question on their own time fairly quickly. I also just emailed the moderation about someone who I believe is a returned forum announced and publicized banned player. Just tooo much of a coincidence that someone has a username that pronounces out as the same name as a banned player, except the vowels are swapped for numbers (e became a 3, s became a 5).

#131 Stone Wall

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,863 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 03 August 2016 - 05:46 PM

Had fun in this match. It solidly placed me at 52nd. Here's the unedited video. First shots around 9 minutes in.

http://youtu.be/SvHPrw5m_2k

Edited by Stone Wall, 04 August 2016 - 02:58 AM.

#132 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 06:12 PM

Top 6 players in the cheetah group all broke 3600 score. That's a PHENOMENAL total score for a mech Think about what that breaks down to per game. This is an example of a cheetah match I just had post-event which I consider an exceptional result for a light mech, let alone just about any mech in quick play.

Posted Image

5 Killing Blows = 50 points
4 Killing Assists = 40 points
2 Solo Kills = 60 points
3 KMDD = 60 points
Net Damage = 43 points
Winning = 10 points
Surviving = 10 points

Total = 273 points.

Ok so to get to the 365 average per game I would have needed to be in the top 5 on the cheetah scoreboard, if those 5 kills had all been KMDDs, I would add 40 points. Ok still not enough.3 more kill assists or one more solo would bring me to 343 pts. Still not quite enough. Another 330 points of damage would do it... but that's in a game where eight others were still alive at the end on my team (including a zero ping failed to connect assault). And I got lucky still in finding one highlander actually AFK (good ping number, so not merely a disconnect or zero ping failure to load) when I did my flank, and another mech moving away from him who was out of sight soon and didn't see me open fire on his teammate.

#133 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 07:17 PM

I enjoyed the event as I posted earlier
However the event also highlighted poor hit detection, for me atleast

(Double the tick rate would halve the mech location distance error between the client and server)

#134 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 04 August 2016 - 12:54 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 03 August 2016 - 06:12 PM, said:

[...]
5 Killing Blows = 50 points
4 Killing Assists = 40 points
2 Solo Kills = 60 points
3 KMDD = 60 points
Net Damage = 43 points
Winning = 10 points
Surviving = 10 points

Total = 273 points.

Ok so to get to the 365 average per game I would have needed to be in the top 5 on the cheetah scoreboard, if those 5 kills had all been KMDDs, I would add 40 points. Ok still not enough.3 more kill assists or one more solo would bring me to 343 pts. Still not quite enough. Another 330 points of damage would do it... but that's in a game where eight others were still alive at the end on my team (including a zero ping failed to connect assault). And I got lucky still in finding one highlander actually AFK (good ping number, so not merely a disconnect or zero ping failure to load) when I did my flank, and another mech moving away from him who was out of sight soon and didn't see me open fire on his teammate.

Like I said before... the top spots must have been VERY lucky to get 10 of those UBER-AWESOME matches together in that short amount of time. And when you look up their stats in the normal leaderboards, they are pretty good, but not THAT good.

Combining those events for solo and group queue just fuxxx over the solo queue players.

#135 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:14 AM

View PostPFC Carsten, on 03 August 2016 - 02:14 PM, said:

psichih0lic and IL MECHWARRIOR I do have seen in the quick play solo queue - and can attest that both are very good players.

Nice! That's 367 Event-Score, presuming you lived and you did 0 Team Damage. Now imagine to need 10 of those matches.

Not really what I said... I know the two players you mentioned used the solo queue as I see them there NORMALLY.

I never saw either of them in this event ergo implying they were in the group queue farming........

#136 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:47 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 03 August 2016 - 06:12 PM, said:

Top 6 players in the cheetah group all broke 3600 score. That's a PHENOMENAL total score for a mech Think about what that breaks down to per game. This is an example of a cheetah match I just had post-event which I consider an exceptional result for a light mech, let alone just about any mech in quick play. Posted Image 5 Killing Blows = 50 points 4 Killing Assists = 40 points 2 Solo Kills = 60 points 3 KMDD = 60 points Net Damage = 43 points Winning = 10 points Surviving = 10 points Total = 273 points. Ok so to get to the 365 average per game I would have needed to be in the top 5 on the cheetah scoreboard, if those 5 kills had all been KMDDs, I would add 40 points. Ok still not enough.3 more kill assists or one more solo would bring me to 343 pts. Still not quite enough. Another 330 points of damage would do it... but that's in a game where eight others were still alive at the end on my team (including a zero ping failed to connect assault). And I got lucky still in finding one highlander actually AFK (good ping number, so not merely a disconnect or zero ping failure to load) when I did my flank, and another mech moving away from him who was out of sight soon and didn't see me open fire on his teammate.

I never really had much idea when my score would improve but then I was just trying to pull off decent performances while leveling mechs. My last match was a last man standing effort with 568 match score, 5 kills, 7 assists, 712 damage, 4 solo kills and 5 KMDD (4,493 non doubled xp). It raised me by about 130 pts to 3018. At that point it felt ridiculously hard to raise things and being honest I was rather glad when the event ended. ;)

Odd thing is I doubled up the adders last night just to finish off the master slots and was instantly racking up a string of kills as larger targets were much easier to fight than all those arctic cheetahs and locusts. In fairness I rather knew that not running streak adders was making my life much harder but I couldn't face the stigma of running streaks during a light event. ;)

#137 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 04 August 2016 - 02:42 AM

View PostAramuside, on 04 August 2016 - 01:14 AM, said:

Not really what I said... I know the two players you mentioned used the solo queue as I see them there NORMALLY.

I never saw either of them in this event ergo implying they were in the group queue farming........

Yep, and I said, that I both saw them in the solo queue. That does not mean that they did NOT use group queue for farming, only that they were also present in the solo queue. Not more, not less.

#138 Stone Wall

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,863 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 04 August 2016 - 03:02 AM

View PostAramuside, on 04 August 2016 - 01:47 AM, said:

I never really had much idea when my score would improve but then I was just trying to pull off decent performances while leveling mechs. My last match was a last man standing effort with 568 match score, 5 kills, 7 assists, 712 damage, 4 solo kills and 5 KMDD (4,493 non doubled xp). It raised me by about 130 pts to 3018. At that point it felt ridiculously hard to raise things and being honest I was rather glad when the event ended. Posted Image

Same here. My match with around the same stats pushed me from 71 to 52. During the event I was up and down from 43rd to 75th. After that big game I was thinking, what's it going to take to stay on this board? That proves to me that Lights are still, and always will be, solid mechs. They aren't Assaults or Heavies, that why they have 35 tons or less.

Edited by Stone Wall, 04 August 2016 - 03:53 AM.

#139 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 06:15 AM

View PostStone Wall, on 04 August 2016 - 03:02 AM, said:

Same here. My match with around the same stats pushed me from 71 to 52. During the event I was up and down from 43rd to 75th. After that big game I was thinking, what's it going to take to stay on this board? That proves to me that Lights are still, and always will be, solid mechs. They aren't Assaults or Heavies, that why they have 35 tons or less.

Interestingly I took away a different lesson - I'd not really noticed how much affect running ERML would have on my effectiveness against different size targets as I tend to run ESL, SPL or MPL (or ERLL/SRM's) on lights. The ER ML really struggled on the adder in any fight against artic cheetah's etc as so little of the beam I could keep on target, whereas against larger targets I did very well.

To me mechs of all size with no structure/armour quirks also seems to go down easily and quid pro quo my adder seemed to attract every SRM fired at the mech straight to the CT.....

#140 DemonRaziel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 646 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:09 PM

The solo kills are the main source of points since each solo kill nets you 60 pts. (considering they consist of a KMDD (20) and a kill (10) and give you another 30 on top).

4 solo kills
6 assist
win and/or survive
900 dmg
-------------------------
375 points total

And that's with 2 targets untouched and either a loss with a survival, or a win with a death, for the sake of reason. While certainly hard to get, these numbers are not unreasonable for a decent player, moreso when he's working with a coordinated team.

These are my stats, solo queue only and a rather low number of matches:

Panther - 224th place, 800 points, 10 games (exactly 10 games and I've had several supremely terrible ones)
Commando - 172nd, 1100 p, 15 g (some bad games and none too great)
Spider - 139th, 1407 p, 25 g (all the 10 best matches were decent (over 100 points), but not a single one was over 200 points)

Shame on me for trying to juggle more 'Mechs at the same time, but oh well. Bottom line is, while I'm fairly sure there was some cheating, since it's piss easy to do, I wouldn't go so far as to call the top players, even ones that managed to score high on several boards, cheaters.

Edited by DemonRaziel, 09 August 2016 - 01:19 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users