23 replies to this topic

#21 jjm1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 11:15 PM

*cough* Myst Lynx *cough*

Give it something to excel at other than being an active probe on a pogo stick.

#22 Spleenslitta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 29 July 2016 - 11:46 PM

I'll take a stab at explaining why the Vindicator is not used much by most players since i love that mech. It's my favorite medium mech so i know it really well.
Here are the reasons it's unpopular.

1) All it's variants have a missile slot in the LT. That is one less weapon slot since it's all about focusing damage to a single point nowadays with identical or very similar weapons.

2) It could be a formidable PPC boat but PPC's are not popular nowadays.

3) It's kinda big for it's tonnage.

4) It's has a slightly small amount of weapon hardpoints and they are scattered all over the mech so it's not good at boating weapons.

5) The 1R and 1X variants have 235 engine cap. So a HS has to be mounted outside the engine. So these variants are kinda slow and it's a few crit slots wasted.

6) And the OP doesn't like it's quirks so i assume there are others who don't like it either.

Why do i like the Vindicator despite all it's drawbacks the meta builders say it has?

A) I don't boat weapons so i don't give a damn if it's worse at boating weapons.

B ) I never gave a damn about quirks in the first place because i don't need them.
I fight using my intellect as my most important weapon rather than relying on a hyper aggressive meta tactics and meta builds.
I do use PPC's in my Vindicators but that is not much because of the quirks...it's more because i like PPC's and i also mix in other weapons such as SRM's and different lasers so it's quirks don't matter much.

C) I love the Vindicators ability to torso and arm twist really far.

D) All of it's variants have JJ's which is a huge bonus.

1X can mount 3MG's in it's LA and i think the MG's are great when near the end of a match.
1R is a mediocre variant yes but that extra energy slot can be handy for an extra laser for brawling.
SIB hero variant has a 250 engine cap and 2 missile slots which i often use for streaks or SRM2.
1AA is my favorite because of it's speed.

Anyways....PGI can change it's quirks all they want and i won't give a damn. Just leave it's incredible torso/ arm twist/pitch alone and i will keep using it.

Edited by Spleenslitta, 29 July 2016 - 11:53 PM.

#23 Weeny Machine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,010 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 30 July 2016 - 02:42 AM

I don't think that somewhat subpar mechs should be buffed but rather the overperformers brought down.

Then there are the trash tier mechs, though. Take the Huginn for example. That mech has hardly any hardpoints and lives and dies by its quirks. Currently it is dead in the water

#24 DragoonBrigade

• PipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 05:31 AM

I think its time to start removing some negative quirks....timber comes to mind. There are so many quirks out there they should be brought back to there potential.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users