- - - - -

Question On "invasion" Mechs.

19 replies to this topic

#1 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 09:37 PM

I have 2 of the "I's", the Jenner II and the Kit Fox.

I want to buy a 2nd one of each, and I want the same variant. The Kit Fox does not matter as it is an Omnimech and the Quirks change with the Omnipods.

But is my Jenner-IIC(O) the same variant as the one in the store called Jenner-IIC. Seems like it is, but it does not say i own it.

I assume that "I's" is different than "C's" for instance.

#2 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 30 July 2016 - 10:22 PM

Those variants just mean extra 30% c-bills. They may also have a unique paint job or slightly different geometry, but in practice they are no different than the mech they are based on.

#3 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 30 July 2016 - 10:23 PM

The Origin(O) variant is similar to the C-Bill variant. The difference is in the 30% C-Bill bonus.

I = Invasion Pack variant with C-Bill bonus. Similar to L, S, etc.
C = Always means Champion variant with XP bonus.

P.S. Buying 2 of the same variant matters if you have not skilled up the mech. The duplicate variant does not count as an additional mech variant for mech skill purposes

Edited by p4r4g0n, 30 July 2016 - 10:24 PM.

#4 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 10:47 PM

Thanks, here is why I want them. I recently found out here that if you own two of the same variant, you can die in one, quit that match, select the other and join another QP match.

So I tried it out. And it works, another option opens up for you to join another match.

The upshot to this is a plus in matches per hour. I tend to die early so I will not have to wait 6-7 minutes for the match to end, I simply start another one.

At first, I was not dying quick enough because I'm good with this Mech but it saved a lot of time over 30-40 minutes. I often keep at least two Omnimechs and over time, they will all be the same Variant. And I will do the same with others i have in my "stable", lol.

Edited by LikeUntoGod, 30 July 2016 - 11:45 PM.

#5 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 30 July 2016 - 11:25 PM

I would honestly focus on not dying so quickly.
If you are not part of a team with vet pilots to help you with that then one of the best ways you can learn is to stick arround in the match and watch what other players are (or are not) doing correctly

P.S.

The main reasons most folks want duplicates are 1) two different load outs so you can swap quicklu or 2) faction play

Edited by Boogie138, 30 July 2016 - 11:26 PM.

#6 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 31 July 2016 - 08:03 AM

View PostBoogie138, on 30 July 2016 - 11:25 PM, said:

I would honestly focus on not dying so quickly.

The main reasons most folks want duplicates are 1) two different load outs so you can swap quicklu or 2) faction play

I have 3, no wait 4 Spider 5Ds. Two are my standard loadout of 3 mplas, one is my sniper with an ER PPPC and the other I call my crazy build which has an ERPPC, two small lasers max jump jets, the biggest engine and almost no armor.

And the reason that I have them is exactly what Boogie138 said: Not having to take the time to change the loadouts. But, this was long after I had them mastered that I did this.

Honestly, you should take 3 variants of the chassis and if you die in one, drop into a different variant to try to get them mastered. But, first of all focus on surviving until the end of the match.

Edited by mailin, 31 July 2016 - 08:04 AM.

#7 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 08:18 AM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 30 July 2016 - 09:37 PM, said:

I have 2 of the "I's", the Jenner II and the Kit Fox.

I want to buy a 2nd one of each, and I want the same variant. The Kit Fox does not matter as it is an Omnimech and the Quirks change with the Omnipods.

But is my Jenner-IIC(O) the same variant as the one in the store called Jenner-IIC. Seems like it is, but it does not say i own it.

I assume that "I's" is different than "C's" for instance.

"IIC" just means "Clan evolution of an old Inner Sphere mech".

"(I)" is entirely different.
"(O)" is basically the "(I)" in that its a special version with 30% cbill increase.

"IIC" without a designation (regardless of "(O)" ) after is effectively "IIC Prime"
Don't get another IIC PRime.
Get a IIC-A, B, etc.

So yes.
Jenner IIC(O) and IIC are the same, both are "IIC Prime" or "Primary"

(O) gets a 30% cbill bonus when used.

#8 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 12:00 PM

Thanks everyone. The answer I was looking for was that the IIC is the same as the IIC(O). I learned a while ago that extra XP means little past when you are doing it's pilot trees as far as that goes. That variant has went from the one I hated to being my favorite. I might keep 4 of them. Jenner II's that is.

I've mastered these a long time ago. They and the Stormcrows were my first. And as I like to say, my Stormcrows made the C-Bills to buy everything else. I will keep 3 of them just like my Hellbringers.

It is interesting playing totally different versions of the same Mech. I do the same thing. But personally, I find that if I play the same load out it is helpful, I do not have to remember what buttons to use etc.

And I've spent countless hours watching the remaining members of my team play. In fact, I've seen some very interesting things. It cracks me up when people who start the game talking about targeting often do not do it until several volleys have passed between them.

And when matches are good and close I will still watch. I'm often the last person viewing. But there are still a lot of matches that just go south. And some go south fast. And then there are matches where the last light on our team will fight on against 5 of the enemy for 2 more minutes.

I'm trying, and it works, to make my time more efficient. I'm doing it now with two KDK-3's. One has the quad 10's and the other twin Gauss. There are times like yesterday when you make a small push and the 3 guys that were beside you are now 200-300M behind you.

Edited by LikeUntoGod, 31 July 2016 - 12:01 PM.

#9 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 03:54 PM

View PostKoniving, on 31 July 2016 - 08:18 AM, said:

"IIC" just means "Jenner IIC(O) and IIC are the same, both are "IIC Prime" or "Primary" (O) .

I have one set up with 6 X SRM 6's and the other with 6 X SRM 4's. It does seem like the 4's group tighter overall.

#10 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 05:05 PM

The 6s with Artemis will be comparable but between heat, ammo and weight it often isn't worth it.

#11 Inner Wolf

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 07:13 PM

View Postmailin, on 31 July 2016 - 08:03 AM, said:

I have 3, no wait 4 Spider 5Ds. Two are my standard loadout of 3 mplas, one is my sniper with an ER PPPC and the other I call my crazy build which has an ERPPC, two small lasers max jump jets, the biggest engine and almost no armor.

And the reason that I have them is exactly what Boogie138 said: Not having to take the time to change the loadouts. But, this was long after I had them mastered that I did this.

Honestly, you should take 3 variants of the chassis and if you die in one, drop into a different variant to try to get them mastered. But, first of all focus on surviving until the end of the match.

This led me to another question... If I use my ACH-Prime...and die early in the match...can I switch the omnipods and cspls from the Prime to the ACH-A? OR...does everything stay in match and I have to wait and/or buy doubles of everything?

In hindsight this may be a stupid question...but I haven't really dealt with omnipods before.

Edited by Inner Wolf, 31 July 2016 - 07:17 PM.

#12 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 31 July 2016 - 07:36 PM

I know that it is possible to modify your mech's weapons and equipment while it is locked in-game. Technically, I do not see why you could not do the same with switching the omnipods to another chassis and launching.

Give it a try and see and let us know. Will be useful info.

Edited by p4r4g0n, 31 July 2016 - 07:36 PM.

#13 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 02 August 2016 - 11:49 AM

No, you won't be able to launch. Because you're launching the chassis which is locked in a matchSo, you would need to buy doubles of everything.

Edited by mailin, 02 August 2016 - 11:49 AM.

#14 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 02 August 2016 - 11:57 AM

You want to use your Jenner IIC(O) whenever you want to run a Jenner IIC. That (O) means extra C-bills, NOT XP. All mechs with a C in parenthesis = (C) are extra XP variants or what are called Champion mechs. These are the ones you really don't want to use once they're mastered because those XP are wasted. Granted, they will earn GXP a little faster, but a better way to do it would be to get yourself some premium time and get the first victory of the day bonus when your grinding XP.

Edited by mailin, 02 August 2016 - 11:58 AM.

#15 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 02:04 PM

View PostKoniving, on 31 July 2016 - 05:05 PM, said:

The 6s with Artemis will be comparable but between heat, ammo and weight it often isn't worth it.

Your suggestion was a good one, it also has more tons to spare so I added back the clan probe etc. Or I can use a bigger engine since I had downgraded it to carry more missiles systems and ammo.

#16 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 02:07 PM

View Postmailin, on 02 August 2016 - 11:57 AM, said:

You want to use your Jenner IIC(O) whenever you want to run a Jenner IIC. That (O) means extra C-bills, NOT XP. All mechs with a C in parenthesis = (C) are extra XP variants or what are called Champion mechs. These are the ones you really don't want to use once they're mastered because those XP are wasted. Granted, they will earn GXP a little faster, but a better way to do it would be to get yourself some premium time and get the first victory of the day bonus when your grinding XP.

Yes, both my Jenner (C) and Kit Fox (I) are +30 CBs not XP.

#17 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 02:29 PM

View Postp4r4g0n, on 31 July 2016 - 07:36 PM, said:

I know that it is possible to modify your mech's weapons and equipment while it is locked in-game. Technically, I do not see why you could not do the same with switching the omnipods to another chassis and launching. Give it a try and see and let us know. Will be useful info.

OK. I thought that you could not take another Mech into a match while one was dead in another. I overheard this a month or so ago on TeamSpeak. They were saying you used to be able to enter another match if you are dead but PGI changed it.

So when I read that if you have another VARIANT of that Mech, you could do it. I thought cool and bought some others of the same variant. (one reason I like this on the Jenner which is not an Omnimech is while on one I can have 6 X Streaks 6's, the other has 6 X Streaks 4's so that allows me to compare easier).

That does work, you simply leave the game, select another Mech and click the QP tab. The normal option below the QP tab will show up and ask if you want to reenter the game. Instead of choosing that option, move your mouse over to the left and a new tab appears to enter a new match. Click that one and you are on your way.

And you can 100% strip it and put everything on another Mech chassis but that sort of blunts my idea of using them to save time. Although I will switch Modules from time to time. Because I plan on stopping buying Modules since I'm close to about 160 million C-Bills worth now.....(I need an intervention)

But here is the crazy thing that I need to check again. It seems like, I can enter another match with any other Mech. I can go from an Assault to a Light. I've done this a few times and each time I checked to make sure the first mech was still "in game".

I getting ready to test this again, one problem being that I do not die as quickly as I used to, lol. But if I can enter a new match with any other mech with one already dead and "in game", everything I did was a waste of time and a little money.

And this thread was...uh.....

#18 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 02 August 2016 - 03:54 PM

Yes, you can still leave a match after you die, select any other mech, and drop into a new game.

However, this may not be what you want to do because you will not get assists for anyone who you shot but who died after you left the match.

#19 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 04:14 PM

View Postmailin, on 02 August 2016 - 03:54 PM, said:

Yes, you can still leave a match after you die, select any other mech, and drop into a new game. However, this may not be what you want to do because you will not get assists for anyone who you shot but who died after you left the match.

Well, I wonder about any stats you might not get if you leave the game but it seems like most people do not seem to worry about it(since they leave the game).

I honestly do not know if this is true or not or if you can even find out.

#20 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 02 August 2016 - 04:42 PM

You have always been able to join another match with a different mech while the first mech is locked in-game but that was not what you asked Posted Image. In the early days, you could even join another match with the same first mech but that led to afk/dc farming and variants thereof.

Good to know you can totally switch out the modules/omnipods to another variant chassis and launch. Thanks.

As far as losing assists if you disconnect before that particular enemy dies, that was the case before. However, some claim that this is no longer the case but I have not been able to verify this conclusively.

Edited by p4r4g0n, 03 August 2016 - 01:35 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users