• Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 02 August 2016 - 06:48 AM

It's nice that you fixed the loading screen but... this is just dumb

https://dl.dropboxus...er%20triple.jpg

https://dl.dropboxus...0Scaling/CW.jpg

https://dl.dropboxus...g%20mechlab.jpg

While you're at it, rebuild the entire UI.
Heck why not rebuild the entire game in Unreal or Unity or something other than the most resource heavy, notoriously hard to work with CryEngine.

/rant

#2 Paigan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 08:19 AM

Valid bugreport.
However:
How many people use 3 screens and how many more important problems could be addressed with the developer resources required to fix that irrelevant problem?
Resources are finite you know.

That you rant about it like it was a top priority bug indicates you having a "I'm alone in the world" mentality.

Bad news for you.

Edited by Paigan, 02 August 2016 - 08:19 AM.

#3 Lorian Sunrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationCochrane, Alberta

Posted 02 August 2016 - 08:59 AM

I'm going to assume that probably less than 5% of MWO players are running three monitors. Two maybe, but three? 5% may even be generous.

That being said, I'm pretty sure everyone at PGI is so used to working on huge monitors that the new mini-map didn't look small for them and that is why it released funny.

I have more issues with the fact I can't run MWO in full window but not full screen without it becoming incredibly pixelated. I can run it full screen, or small window perfectly, but not the full window.

If the game Alt-tabbed better, it wouldn't be an issue either.

#4 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 02 August 2016 - 09:03 AM

View PostLorian Sunrider, on 02 August 2016 - 08:59 AM, said:

If the game Alt-tabbed better, it wouldn't be an issue either.

I keep seeing players say this all the time, but I myself don't seem to have an issue doing so repeatedly.

Just what problems do people exactly have when they ALT-TAB in and out of MWO?

#5 Dfeeds

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 09:15 AM

View PostMystere, on 02 August 2016 - 09:03 AM, said:

I keep seeing players say this all the time, but I myself don't seem to have an issue doing so repeatedly.

For me, the game just doesn't want to alt-tab out. I'll have to ctrl-alt-delete to minimize the game. Although I've found that I can alt-tab without any issues if I have a second window already open (steam window, chrome, etc) and not minimized when I start MWO. If the program is minimized I can't alt-tab out. This is on windows 10. On Windows 7, when I first played a year ago, the game just took forever to minimize and open which was just annoying.

#6 GreyNovember

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 10:04 AM

You've never alt tabbed before you start loading into a map, or your before you load into your mechbay?

And your PC doesn't freak out and rapidly blink between windows until your CTRL ALT DELETE and force focus to the task manager?

#7 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 August 2016 - 10:09 AM

its funny how often anger controls certain people's actions...

#8 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 02 August 2016 - 10:14 AM

View PostGreyNovember, on 02 August 2016 - 10:04 AM, said:

You've never alt tabbed before you start loading into a map, or your before you load into your mechbay?

I've rarely alt tabbed while waiting to be dropped into a match.

And your PC doesn't freak out and rapidly blink between windows until your CTRL ALT DELETE and force focus to the task manager?

I don't recall that ever happening to me in Windows 7 or 10.

#9 CygnusX7

• 1,803 posts
  • LocationA desolate moon circling a desolate planet

Posted 02 August 2016 - 10:27 AM

Mine does this.. Sometimes.
I don't complain about it because I have not ran the repair tool.

#10 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 02 August 2016 - 11:20 AM

Curser appears on the screen and won't go away and disconnection issues are the two most common IIRC. Personally I run mwo in steam and just shift tab to the forums while I'm waiting on a match (or for that guy who is rebuilding his mech to finish).

Edited by Narcissistic Martyr, 02 August 2016 - 12:49 PM.

#11 dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 271 posts
  • LocationLaborer caste mess hall

Posted 02 August 2016 - 11:25 AM

I Had the alt-tab issue. So now I always start task manager before starting game. Now alt-tab always works.

#12 GreyNovember

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 12:20 PM

View PostMystere, on 02 August 2016 - 10:14 AM, said:

I've rarely alt tabbed while waiting to be dropped into a match.

I don't recall that ever happening to me in Windows 7 or 10.

Give it a shot, I guess? I'm running Windows 8; but it's quite the. Spectacle. When it happens.

You get sound, but all you see is spastic WHITE BLACK WHITE BLACK WHITE BLACK sometimes the taskbar BUT MOSTLY WHITE BLACK.

#13 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 02 August 2016 - 12:23 PM

I get a crazy screen flicker (which is the first step in a crash) then if i dont re open the MWo window fast enough it crashes. I also get this weird loop where the MWO screen just keeps alt tabbing it self no stop until the program crashes

Only happens once and a while but its annoying. It also happens if i do something like try to screen capture something from the web or another window while im playing my game, i get a crazy flicker and then the game becomes un responsive and crashes.

Also CANNOT alt tab when the map is actually loading, before is fine and after the ready screen shows up is fine but if you try to alt tab while the black screen is up and its loading the map it will crash about 7 out of 10 times.

I run Windows 7 64 bit

Edited by Revis Volek, 02 August 2016 - 12:25 PM.

#14 Troutmonkey

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 02 August 2016 - 05:32 PM

View PostRevis Volek, on 02 August 2016 - 12:23 PM, said:

I get a crazy screen flicker (which is the first step in a crash) then if i dont re open the MWo window fast enough it crashes. I also get this weird loop where the MWO screen just keeps alt tabbing it self no stop until the program crashes

Only happens once and a while but its annoying. It also happens if i do something like try to screen capture something from the web or another window while im playing my game, i get a crazy flicker and then the game becomes un responsive and crashes.

Also CANNOT alt tab when the map is actually loading, before is fine and after the ready screen shows up is fine but if you try to alt tab while the black screen is up and its loading the map it will crash about 7 out of 10 times.

I run Windows 7 64 bit

View PostGreyNovember, on 02 August 2016 - 12:20 PM, said:

Give it a shot, I guess? I'm running Windows 8; but it's quite the. Spectacle. When it happens.

You get sound, but all you see is spastic WHITE BLACK WHITE BLACK WHITE BLACK sometimes the taskbar BUT MOSTLY WHITE BLACK.

Use FULL WINDOW not Full Screen and that solves the issue

View PostPaigan, on 02 August 2016 - 08:19 AM, said:

Valid bugreport.
However:
How many people use 3 screens and how many more important problems could be addressed with the developer resources required to fix that irrelevant problem?
Resources are finite you know.

That you rant about it like it was a top priority bug indicates you having a "I'm alone in the world" mentality.

Bad news for you.

As a developer I can tell you that game engines should make a fix for this quite simple. If you can't support triple monitors without crazy resolution issues force the mechlab to run at normal 1920*1080. That would solve all of my problems. I've never worked with CryEngine, but if CryEngine can't do it they really should consider switching because so far I see zero upside to keep using it

Edited by Troutmonkey, 02 August 2016 - 05:33 PM.

#15 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 06:35 PM

View PostTroutmonkey, on 02 August 2016 - 05:32 PM, said:

Use FULL WINDOW not Full Screen and that solves the issue

Full Window only SOMETIME shows both my monitors on my Dual Monitor Setup.

Sometimes its black, sometimes its working and i can see my TS. So I have to use Full Screen all the time. Full Screen does NOT fix this issue for me.

Edited by Revis Volek, 02 August 2016 - 06:36 PM.

#16 Drunken Skull

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 187 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, SA

Posted 02 August 2016 - 08:58 PM

Not sure if this is caused by alt-tab or not but I suspect it is, I was spectating a match a few weeks ago, It was Crimson Strait map, I noticed that an enemy archer was missing it's entire CT and head section. It looked rather odd like that with only it's side torso's arms and legs, running around shooting.

#17 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 09:56 PM

View PostDrunken Skull, on 02 August 2016 - 08:58 PM, said:

Not sure if this is caused by alt-tab or not but I suspect it is, I was spectating a match a few weeks ago, It was Crimson Strait map, I noticed that an enemy archer was missing it's entire CT and head section. It looked rather odd like that with only it's side torso's arms and legs, running around shooting.

Was a bug, and yes it was very odd.

#18 Dirus Nigh

• 2,382 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 10:17 PM

I dont any of these problems. My FPS can take a little hit depending on what I'm doing with my second monitor. But that is about it.

Edited by Dirus Nigh, 02 August 2016 - 10:22 PM.

#19 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,435 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 02 August 2016 - 10:30 PM

the programmer who wrote the original code no longer works at pgi (for some time now)

and they can't repair it properly only bandaid it, I'm impressed it is as stable as it is.

maybe it will get "rebuilt" with a different engine, they did mention it ages ago. Not holding my breath. Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users