• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,010 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 03 August 2016 - 02:56 AM

Emerald Taiga is a great looking map a lot off good fights on that map

the foliage is a problem on that map

now as we move from the Map to the game play on that map things get a little different

most of the map goes unused the vast majority of the time (but that's not the maps fault)

maybe a random outpost out side of the gates that attackers can try to take(attack) or bypass would be a solution

#22 Joey Tankblaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 516 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 04:23 AM

Emerald Taiga is a great map but there is one issue:

You can take out o-gen #3 from a hill outside the base. Thats is nasty and provoke gen rushes.

#23 4EVR

• PipPipPip
  • The Icon
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 11:18 AM

Please don't ruin the visibility. Please!! Poor visibility widens the skill gap. It doesn't help beginners at all. One thing Emerald could benefit from is better tree art. The trees don't look right somehow. I think it might be because they're too similar. A natural forest would have more variety in terms of height and looks. And the trees are visually too dense for my taste. They should have more sky holes as the painters call them. Oh and the mountains are so steep. MWO needs a helping of erosion. :)

Or better yet, don't touch Emerald at all! Let me explain. Considering what happened to one of greatest maps not just in MWO but in MechWarrior history, Frozen City Night, I would actually prefer no map passes at the moment. (And I actually prefer the open maps!) In my opinion, resources would be better utilized creating NEW maps. Lots of new maps. I don't mean 1 or 2. I mean 1 or 2 *dozen*. That would *really* add value to MWO and improve faction play at the same time. Throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks. They don't have to be perfect. You can reuse the art assets as much as you like to save time. But create enough variety so that different planets get different maps that actually make sense. Back in MW4 modding days the randomize function in terragen was much used.

Let's be realistic here: map passes are a coin flip whether they improve or worsen the map from a gameplay perspective. I think that's mostly because it's really *hard* to predict the impacts on gameplay without extensive real-world 12v12 testing. So don't flip coins, create predictable value instead.

Anyway, visibility, trees, erosion. That's all. Thanks.

#24 Jables McBarty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts
  • LocationIn the backfield.

Posted 05 August 2016 - 05:01 AM

View PostTina Benoit, on 02 August 2016 - 01:53 PM, said:

Yes, please feel free to contribute feedback to the other FP Maps too. All the other one's feedback will be reviewed as well.

Thanks for the reply!

By "more" I meant "new"--any new FP maps on the way? Posted Image

#25 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 05 August 2016 - 05:23 AM

View Postmeteorol, on 03 August 2016 - 02:26 AM, said:

Pugs get crushed because in a average pug team ~ 4-6 people are unable to deal more than 400 damage between their 4 mechs. Units attacking against pugs can easily win any way they wish to unless they are utter dogsh*t. Hanging back poking, genrushing, aggressiv push to the spawn and spawnrape, it really doesn't matter.

The vast majority of 48:9 bashs in CW is caused by massiv skill gap between and within teams. CW is full of (especially IS) puggels that simply can't aim, can't torsotwist, can't properly build a mech even after playing this game for years. Lack of aggression is the least of their problems. Aggressive playstyle won't get you anywhere if you can't hit a Kodiak withing 50m. Which a lot of CW puggels can't.

Thank you. That team work is OP has been spammed so much on these foums it makes me sick lol. Experience is OP. 12 v 12 is OP. Premade teams generaly have a 12 v 10 cake walk and half those 10 are newbs. Even then a legit 12 v 12 is rarely if ever a stomp.

Edited by Johnny Z, 05 August 2016 - 05:26 AM.

#26 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 05 August 2016 - 05:27 AM

View PostJables McBarty, on 05 August 2016 - 05:01 AM, said:

Thanks for the reply!

By "more" I meant "new"--any new FP maps on the way? Posted Image

Good question. The buckets debate was so inspirational I almost forgot. :)

#27 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,072 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 06:20 AM

emerald taiga is one of the better fp maps. both in play and looks. the only thing that really needs to be fixed is that campable ogen which can be destroyed from outside the base.

Edited by LordNothing, 05 August 2016 - 06:21 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users