#1 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 03 August 2016 - 01:36 AM

Posted Image

Edited by Navid A1, 03 August 2016 - 01:38 AM.

#2 Lehmund

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel V
  • Star Colonel V
  • 219 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 03 August 2016 - 03:19 AM

This is something like what I had in mind yes. Think of it like and enhanced Assault mode (the new upcoming Assault mode) where there is a single base with multiple objectives to achieve in side (capture points and kill points would work well). The base can be on one side too IMO like Taiga is structured but must be approachable from at least 3 different sides (ex: N, E and W). So map must be enlarged, much bigger.

In addition comments:
As far as drop areas, when you are in your drop ship ready to go on your 2nd + mech, you are shown a live map of the battlefield with all available drop areas shown, those unavailable greyed out.
Greyed out drop areas: The farthest ones are always available spots. The inner ones can be activated or deactivated through Capture point, creating a Beacon. The Beacon can be destroyed later on to prevent new drops there.

#3 Alienized

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 August 2016 - 03:51 AM

pretty simple:
put in terra therma, remove the higher walls.
or just use the old caustic valley. they fit perfect into that scheme and would easy to change. sort of.
or mining collective as we have a square instead of the ever boring nascar circle.

naa sorry navid, dont think thats a good idea.....
apart from having the base in the middle of a map. thats actually a good one. i like that idea.
4 gates are too much tho and propably it would only cause massive omega camping after all.

what i would love to see are tunnels where you can send smaller faster mechs out of the base and they should only be opening from the inside, having unkillable sensors to prevent people going to a camped one and letting the enemy in (while that actually would be a nice idea too.....)

#4 patataman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-sa
  • Sho-sa
  • 464 posts
  • LocationA Vindicator cockpit near you

Posted 05 August 2016 - 06:52 AM

I like that map layout. If anything, i would add some objective outside the walls, preferibly a neutral asset that both sides can capture. (Control tower to increase the respawn frequency, radar station to increase air strike frequency, etc ) so the defenders have a reason to send part of their team outside their fortress.

#5 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 06 August 2016 - 04:44 AM

Yes maps with more than the "obvious" entry points. Agree with Navid - for all maps.

So while I wouldn't go foir a voted drop zone, a random spawn point for defenders is perhaps better. So that there is also an element of surprise. This will then force Defending teams to have scouting/intel as long as gate generators if you kill one - opens all gates. There is no point having a gate gen and then opening it/giving away position. A centralised gate-gen would IMO, bring much more dynamic play

Also perhaps include a tunnel entry on some that only a light/med can fix through for attack/defend. A gate opens when the gate gen goes down (or is open from get go on reclaim/def territory). This would also potentially add another dynamic where people won't always drop heavy first. A lance of lights could then cause a lot of heacache/intel etc.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users