- - - - -

The Marauder Iic

12 replies to this topic

#1 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 07:52 AM

OK, big first question. Where can you find any info on these besides the MWO sales page? Like Quirks etc.

I take it Smurfy's cannot add it until it is in the game.

What is PGI's reason behind wanting preorders? This time, they upped the ante, with this one, you get a whole Mech, the MAD-IIC-8 if you preorder.

And is it correct that the Clan Marauder weighs 10 tons more?

#2 Zoeff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 264 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 06 August 2016 - 07:55 AM

The sales page is pretty much all we get, besides inferring details from past experience and such.

Yeah smurfy pulls it's data from the game files so gotta wait until it's released.

I think in the past they also had preorder bonus mechs, then got rid of that but brought it back for the MAD IIC for some reason.

Yes, IS mad is 75 tons while the Mad IIC is 85 tons.

#3 Omniseed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Kashira
  • Kashira
  • 255 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 08:04 AM

I think the preorder push has to do with their business model, and trying to fund operations at least a little ways out.

It is a free-to-play game after all, they have taken an approach that relies on the patronage of working adult fans of the franchise and game in order to keep running the game.

#4 Spike Brave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 695 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 06 August 2016 - 08:08 AM

They've done the mechs with preorder before with the Clan Wave 2 pack and that was several mechs depending on the tier you ordered. Quirks are usually announced during the coutdown to release week. That'll be too late or early adopters reward, but in time for the early release. Omniseed is correct about the reason for preorder, It goes to paying for the mech as the make the assets. It also helps them to determine if the effort is a good spent on thier part. In the past, cough UrbanMech cough cough, they stated if there wasn't enough preorders they wouldn't go through the effort of modeling out the assets for the mech.

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 03:37 PM

View PostSpike Brave, on 06 August 2016 - 08:08 AM, said:

In the past, cough UrbanMech cough cough, they stated if there wasn't enough preorders they wouldn't go through the effort of modeling out the assets for the mech.

And then...

....The Death Blossom was announced.
(Parody of...)

Upping the ante means that in addition to funding this mech, which is largely probably a somewhat tweaked rescale of the IS one (thus making it cheaper, plus the Marauder was super popular), it is likely the funding here is meant to go to some of the scripting challenges they were going to face. About CW buckets and the hinted-at "Melee" and "Quad Mechs" which Russ teased without outright confirming. Also we're do for another map.

#6 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 08 August 2016 - 04:04 AM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 06 August 2016 - 07:52 AM, said:

OK, big first question. Where can you find any info on these besides the MWO sales page? Like Quirks etc.

I take it Smurfy's cannot add it until it is in the game.

What is PGI's reason behind wanting preorders? This time, they upped the ante, with this one, you get a whole Mech, the MAD-IIC-8 if you preorder.

And is it correct that the Clan Marauder weighs 10 tons more?

I made a video saying what you get with the preorder and some information on it as well

#7 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 04:49 AM

View PostOldbob10025, on 08 August 2016 - 04:04 AM, said:

I made a video saying what you get with the preorder and some information on it as well

HA!

I already saw it!

Thanks!

#8 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 08 August 2016 - 05:22 AM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 08 August 2016 - 04:49 AM, said:

HA!

I already saw it!

Thanks!

You made my day with that comment.. LOL

#9 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 05:28 AM

View PostOldbob10025, on 08 August 2016 - 05:22 AM, said:

You made my day with that comment.. LOL

Hehe, I went looking last night for it.

The only one I'd want is the one with ECM and uh.....it kind of sucks. Although it does also have a head laser which I love (it is the last weapon you will have working before you die). I'm not sure if there is anything good you can make out of it. ..

Normally, I buy these for the preorder bonuses and PT time. Then I level and keep the one or two I want, then sell the rest and keep the Mech bays.

#10 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 08 August 2016 - 02:27 PM

20 dollars for 4 clan fatty mechs seems like a good deal and is tempting.

However, the bonus version looks kinda odd.
And as a whole the MaddyIIc looks OKish.
Don't see them really changing much beyond plausibly being a better version of the Warhawk.

On the other hand I am always pro more mech choices.

#11 Jingseng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 962 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 05:03 AM

Re: Mad IIc pre order, I noticed the modules have "er ppc" ... is this a typo? Since the Mad IIc is a clan mech, shouldn't it be a clan er ppc module? Or is it indeed correct, an IS er ppc module?

#12 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 14 August 2016 - 05:10 AM

View PostJingseng, on 14 August 2016 - 05:03 AM, said:

Re: Mad IIc pre order, I noticed the modules have "er ppc" ... is this a typo? Since the Mad IIc is a clan mech, shouldn't it be a clan er ppc module? Or is it indeed correct, an IS er ppc module?

Oh oh the clans are so poor they have to use IS modules now LOL

#13 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 14 August 2016 - 01:33 PM

View PostJingseng, on 14 August 2016 - 05:03 AM, said:

pretty sure you can imply it is the clan version. Sometimes PGI can act really inept, but I do not think they are THAT inept.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users