A List Of Polish, (Tiny Fixes You Would Like)

21 replies to this topic

#1 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 01:07 PM

Ok folks.. With the obvious change in Dev strat that has been going on, and a big part of it going towards Polish.. Long standing issues that have been around for years are finally seeing some light of day.. Things like Stock mech, Camo on older mechs, just little tiny things that are QoL keep making the list..

So why not come up with a Top 10, or top 20 Polish issues that we want on the top of the list, and push to get done? I really think seeing lots of these long standing issues get done, will go a long way to making players happy, and get some back and forth going with the devs that many think is lacking..

My issues, while not the longest standing one,..

Mini Map Lock,, A single check box to either let the mini-map rotate, Or stay locked, up to the player to decide...

So what are your long standing, or shorter standing polish issues you would like to see make it in game sooner than later?

Edited by JC Daxion, 09 August 2016 - 01:33 PM.

#2 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 09 August 2016 - 01:09 PM

For some reason i thought you'll be listing out MWO players from Poland.
Main "polish" problem, i have is the whole Dynamic weapon geometry being so bloody hideous on so many mechs. Especially with entire limbs being unpainted gunmetal slabs of concentrated ugly.

#3 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 01:33 PM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 09 August 2016 - 01:09 PM, said:

For some reason i thought you'll be listing out MWO players from Poland.

Hehe.. yea.. But you can't make a post with a lower case.. so it makes it look like Polish.. Posted Image

But sure, grab some screeines of the biggest offenders, they have been tweaking models, and textures a lot as of late, and i'd think this would fit right in

Edited by JC Daxion, 09 August 2016 - 01:34 PM.

#4 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 09 August 2016 - 01:37 PM

Like Juodas, I'm not a fan of Dynaimc hard points, it made me sad on the inside when I saw what happened to my beloved Centurions....

But If I had to pick my own, a lack of proper heat scale, it's baffling that I can be sitting at 99% heat with no ill-effects, but should I go to 101% I die...

#5 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 01:45 PM

I would like them to add away to the arms of the MAD, RFL, and Bob to the torso guns on the BLR, DRG, CPLT when you walk. They are oddly stationary. Contrast with the arms of the BJ or JM6.

I would also like them to actually make the muzzle brake on the AC models actual cut-out instead of a hideous bump - mapped implication of what used to be there.

View PostMetus regem, on 09 August 2016 - 01:37 PM, said:

But If I had to pick my own, a lack of proper heat scale, it's baffling that I can be sitting at 99% heat with no ill-effects, but should I go to 101% I die...

That isn't a polish thing, that is getting into core mechanics change.

#6 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 09 August 2016 - 01:46 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 09 August 2016 - 01:45 PM, said:

That isn't a polish thing, that is getting into core mechanics change.

Debatable, I consider that a thing of polish.

#7 AnTi90d

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,229 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • Locationhttps://voat.co/

Posted 09 August 2016 - 01:46 PM

arrows for friendly units on the minimap

minimap zoom level able to be set manually in the options

scrap power draw

lower the heat threshold / increase heat dissipation

give people in FP a reason to be loyalist over mercenary

give rank 20 loyalists a reason to keep playing FP

1 mc for FP invasion loss / 2 mc for FP invasion win to increase FP participation

create a quickplay for skirmish only and put all other game modes into another button, like quick games

move the game to the unreal engine

sell supply crates for cbills in the store

increase the size of the atlas skull decal so that it actually fits onto an atlas skull

let us zoom and rotate our mech when placing decals

send me a miniature urbanmech to mow / weedeat my lawn and fire lasers at those damn kids that try to walk through it

hire a new balance overlord that plays the game and understands balance

#8 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 01:53 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 09 August 2016 - 01:46 PM, said:

Debatable, I consider that a thing of polish.

Not really, to polish is to apply a finish (so many eastern Europe puns). In a game, finishes would be small changes that add value; scrapping and redoing the heat system fails the "small change" litmus test on account of it being a critical game play mechanic.

Edited by Yeonne Greene, 09 August 2016 - 01:53 PM.

#9 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 09 August 2016 - 01:57 PM

Bitchin Betty fixes please:
Missile Warnings delay
25% Jump Jet warning is absolutely useless. It takes us 0.34-0.72 seconds to burn through 25% fuel, and it takes 1.97 seconds for the warning to finish announcing that you're even at 25%.. Can we please have tighter feedback on that please? Like incremental Jumpjet sound "ticks" for 80, 60, 40, 20% please? Like one bloop, for 80%. two bloops for 60%. two bleeps for 40%, and three bleeps for 20%?

When can we get rid of those useless LED weapon bay door lights, and actually have something that isn't as vague and obscure as humanly possible? Design on those things are absolutely terrible, and whoever designed them didn't understand the purpose behind what they were designing.

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 09 August 2016 - 01:59 PM.

#10 Suko

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 09 August 2016 - 01:58 PM

A third colored Arrow (Doritos) that represents your public group, regardless of what lance they're in. Even a white border around the teal Dorito would be welcome. ANYTHING so that when my drop buddy says "I need help here", I know where they are without having to hold "Q" and look through 11 overlapping names to identify where he is.

Edited by Suko, 09 August 2016 - 01:59 PM.

#11 Signal27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 01:59 PM

There should be an option to automatically put the target box around a mech I put my sights on and fire at (provided that the mech is in targeting range).

#12 Kirkland Langue

• Bad Company
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 02:05 PM

When you select a mech in the Skill tab - it shows the default appearance for the mech. I get that you might own multiple copies of a Variant, and therefore the system would have to choose one of them - but if you own just one, then it should show that one.

#13 Spartan 04

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 53 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 09 August 2016 - 03:06 PM

A few minor ones at the top of my head:

1. Get rid of the jump jet warning (or change it to a quick tone), since by the time it triggers, my jets are depleted and/or fully recharged.
2. As someone who hasn't skilled up all eleventyhundred 'Mechs yet, an option in the Skill Tab to just show owned 'Mechs. I thought there was a sort by Variant Owned tab, but it still shows all the variants and is a little inconvenient to scroll through. Also, perhaps an option to quick buy the 5 levels for a single item (as in, if you've saved up a bunch of experience and want to power level a new weapon system).
3. A slight time delay between showing the player IFF mech triangle and ID, and their name and title proper. Sometimes I just want to quickly ping the area by chassis, but the information that shows up (if 'Mechs are in a cluster) can be too stacked to use effectively.

All minor things that I can live without. Y'all might feel differently.

#14 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 09 August 2016 - 03:15 PM

View PostJC Daxion, on 09 August 2016 - 01:07 PM, said:

Ok folks.. With the obvious change in Dev strat that has been going on, and a big part of it going towards Polish.. Long standing issues that have been around for years are finally seeing some light of day.. Things like Stock mech, Camo on older mechs, just little tiny things that are QoL keep making the list..

So why not come up with a Top 10, or top 20 Polish issues that we want on the top of the list, and push to get done? I really think seeing lots of these long standing issues get done, will go a long way to making players happy, and get some back and forth going with the devs that many think is lacking..

My issues, while not the longest standing one,..

Mini Map Lock,, A single check box to either let the mini-map rotate, Or stay locked, up to the player to decide...

So what are your long standing, or shorter standing polish issues you would like to see make it in game sooner than later?

I am offended that you are profiling the residents of Poland.

#15 Stravkos

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 03:24 PM

I'd like to see a players mech when they type in chat or use voice chat. It's very difficult to tell who's talking with just the name, knowing the mech is much more useful. Something like:

Stravkos(Nova-Prime): Need help c3

and a similar note when someone is talking over coms. This would make it a lot easier to figure out that the guy calling for help is the Atlas standing next to me rather then try to figure out which mech Kerensky86 is piloting and where the heck he is.

I'd like to be able to "ping" the minimap when I want to draw my teams attention to a certain spot and I'd like people who use the chat wheel feature to call for help to flash or change color so I know where the mech requesting help is.

Finally, minimap lock button please. I hate the rotating minimap it makes it significantly more difficult to orient yourself especially during heavy combat.

#16 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 09 August 2016 - 06:08 PM

Can I mount my weapons on any acceptable location without buffering up with MGs or Small Lasers?

#17 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 09 August 2016 - 06:19 PM

• That huge lump of dirt in Crimson Straight going up towards saddle from the water-side that gets slow assault mechs and heavy mechs stuck.
  • More polish on Bog stairs for Direwhales.
  • Make Cockpit cosmetic items like Dekels (one time unlock for all mechs).
  • Add smoothing options for mech turning and arm-crosshair (ever try keeping a laser on target while tapping A or D? Yeah).
  • Allow me to walk forward while holding TAB when I have throttle decay on.
  • Add sizzle sound to clan LPL when hitting target.
  • "Sell All" options for Supply Cache.
  • "Unequip All Modules" since forever.
  • Start the game at lower default sensitivity or tell new players to adjust it.
  • Give out at least 2 mech bays through achievements for newbs.
  • Continue work on the actual Tutorial for missing things - LRMs, Streaks, ECM, BAP, Gauss, Ultra Autocanons, AMS, Tarcom, Modules, Clams, Faction Warfare.
  • Improve disappearing geometry for low quality (DX9 I guess) - Missing rocks on Canyon that block shots, missing geometry from Ebon Jaguar feet (among other things).
  • Let me get info on my own damn team.
  • Command Wheel additions -> "Charging in!" "Withdrawing" "All my weapons are disabled" "Don't stand behind me, I'm just peeking and I'd like to be able to retreat without bumping into you."
Posted Image

Edited by Elizander, 09 August 2016 - 06:22 PM.

#18 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 06:28 PM

more looking at ground Command wheel commands(go here)(Enemy here)(push/attack/Defend here),
a small animation showing your Pilot Pulling the Ejection lever on death, then shooting you up in the air,
(more coming soon)

#19 BabyCakes666

• Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 06:29 PM

the game engine become less ****

and lower game settings don't give other players better sight

ie. removing smoke, trees, grass. rocks. ect

and a UI that i can navigate easier i cant read that well and how the UI is spelt/worded is bad i had to google how to use it

i Lernet the layout but it is still **** iv seen indie games do better

and mech making the descriptions are Terrible so bad i had to go to the wiki in game info is appalling

Edited by BabyCakes666, 09 August 2016 - 06:36 PM.

#20 Cyborne Elemental

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,966 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 August 2016 - 06:37 PM

Fixing hitreg. Its gone on long enough. sick of it.

Or at least an attempt to fix it.

Thats it, because in an online shooter, nothing else matters.

MWO could be 8 bit graphics with sprites for every weapon, and I wouldn't care how ugly it looks, if hitreg doesn't work, what difference does it make.

Edited by Mister D, 09 August 2016 - 06:39 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users