25 replies to this topic

#21 Pjwned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 09 August 2016 - 05:04 PM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 09 August 2016 - 12:57 AM, said:

Lets just stop the sharade then. Either you define TTK and we talk about it or you stop pretending you understand exactly what TTK is. There is too much talk about TTK from people without a clue what they call TTK as is.

Time to kill is lower than it should be in a normal match situation when considering the state of convergence, which needs to be toned down and has needed to be toned down because of all the problems it causes and has caused, and also when considering all the power creep from quirks, weapon modules, and the mech skill tree.

That said, you can blame convergence all you want, but when you poke into a line of 4-5 mechs your entire mech will be gone instantly, convergence or no convergence.

While I don't generally have a problem with a mech getting destroyed by focus fire, that's also a really broad situation where the details make a difference such as how tough your mech is, how much enemy firepower is involved, how long you were exposed for, etc etc.

#22 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 10 August 2016 - 02:57 AM

View PostPjwned, on 09 August 2016 - 05:04 PM, said:

Time to kill is lower than it should be in a normal match situation when considering the state of convergence, which needs to be toned down and has needed to be toned down because of all the problems it causes and has caused, and also when considering all the power creep from quirks, weapon modules, and the mech skill tree.

I agree but they clearly stated that their servers can't handle the HSR calculation of convergence they are too dumb to do it.

Anyhow, I don't understand all the stupid complains about TTK, if we want this game to be based off lore or TT then TTK in lore and TT is same if not less. Obviously MWO has convergence but it also has double armor values to compensate, non-pinpoint lasers and so on, for instance one PPC shot headshots don't happen in MWO, neither do 3x engine crit deaths.

#23 Pjwned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 10 August 2016 - 11:48 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 10 August 2016 - 02:57 AM, said:

I agree but they clearly stated that their servers can't handle the HSR calculation of convergence they are too dumb to do it.

They haven't even tried any other methods of addressing convergence though, of which there are at least several and not all of which are server resource intensive by any means. I realize the main issue is PGI being stupid and incompetent but they don't even have a reasonable excuse for leaving things the way they are even after considering they're stupid and incompetent.

Anyhow, I don't understand all the stupid complains about TTK, if we want this game to be based off lore or TT then TTK in lore and TT is same if not less. Obviously MWO has convergence but it also has double armor values to compensate, non-pinpoint lasers and so on, for instance one PPC shot headshots don't happen in MWO, neither do 3x engine crit deaths.

It's not about lore or TT or whatever, it's just stupid when convergence leads to damage not being as spread out as it should be, which causes big problems and lowers TTK in a way that it shouldn't (or at least not to the extent that it does now), and then it's even worse when TTK is artificially lowered by ridiculous power creep on top of that.

#24 GRiPSViGiL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 10 August 2016 - 11:52 AM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 06 August 2016 - 01:29 PM, said:

Throw out the current tree...and make a pilot specialization tree... so you can specialize YOUR mech the way YOU want it to be.

If you want the ability for more armor.... fine...... but it will cost you something in the weapons or speed depeartment

Done

That was fast....1st reply nailed it. Somehow this true and tried concept escaped PGIs brainstorming session when they conjured up the abomination that they did, which is beyond baffling.

#25 GRiPSViGiL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 10 August 2016 - 11:56 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 06 August 2016 - 03:36 PM, said:

Other than that, the current skill tree is excellent design on the balance side. Really bad on the immersive/credit/logic side.

It is so good for balance that it is pointless.

#26 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 10 August 2016 - 12:10 PM

View PostPjwned, on 10 August 2016 - 11:48 AM, said:

They haven't even tried any other methods of addressing convergence though, of which there are at least several and not all of which are server resource intensive by any means. I realize the main issue is PGI being stupid and incompetent but they don't even have a reasonable excuse for leaving things the way they are even after considering they're stupid and incompetent.

Its their game (sadly), they develop it their way and they always have their Position at the TimeTM about everything.

But honestly as I said, they can't even if they want to. The game is based on code they didn't make and have no clue how to change in any significant way. All they can do is simple bandaids.

View PostPjwned, on 10 August 2016 - 11:48 AM, said:

It's not about lore or TT or whatever, it's just stupid when convergence leads to damage not being as spread out as it should be, which causes big problems and lowers TTK in a way that it shouldn't (or at least not to the extent that it does now), and then it's even worse when TTK is artificially lowered by ridiculous power creep on top of that.

You understand it, I understand it, the guy next to us understands it, but what PGI does? Quirks that reduce laser duration in half, making lasers pinpoint and there you go ... pinpoint laservomit meta on everything, don't even need to aim, a fkn noobwarrior wet dream come alive.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users