Sill No Honourable Way To Retreat ?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Kenneth JOHNS

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 12:12 AM

After a long absence because of pugnant players giving away my coordinates to the enemy for getting their mech back a few seconds earlier, I played some games of MWonline again ...

Game ID 708234185820614162
'Mech SDR-5D
Match Score 92
Time 2016-08-02 07:35:01
... but as the DONALD's are still giving away my coordinates to the enemy and are still harassing me in the chat during game, I think it is about time to either BANN SKIRMISH MODE, or provide a honourable way of retreat if you are the last player facing overwhelming odds Posted Image
Posted Image
PS: For officials wanting to check themself what happened in the game mentioned above, I copied the GAME ID from the tournament page Posted Image

Edited by Kenneth JOHNS, 02 August 2016 - 12:17 AM.

#2 Hotthedd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 3,213 posts
  • LocationDixie

Posted 03 August 2016 - 05:55 PM

For what reason? So you can protect your K/DR? There is no way to win Skirmish by shutting down and hiding unless you are actually attempting an ambush. If you aren't participating, you are breaching the code of conduct.

Oh yeah, try not to read too much from Salon.com, it makes people dumber.

#3 Vlad Striker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,414 posts
  • LocationOld Forest Colony

Posted 04 August 2016 - 11:05 AM

Non Participation is the direct violation of the game rules.

#4 Baphomech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 214 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 04 August 2016 - 11:50 AM

If you're not prepared to fight to the death, then don't come to the table. This is a video game, so everyone is expendable.

#5 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 06:18 AM

in Skirmish, you either go down in a giant ball of fire of alpha strike with override on or get reported. that is all.

#6 Spartan 04

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 53 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:24 PM

View Postknightsljx, on 05 August 2016 - 06:18 AM, said:

in Skirmish, you either go down in a giant ball of fire of alpha strike with override on or get reported. that is all.

Glorious. And yes, this. Some "camping" is acceptable if it's goal oriented. But drawing out a match for 5 minutes while a crippled assault looks for a zombie'd light? Yea, no, get in there and lose honorably.

(I really wish there was an EJECT EJECT EJECT warning like in the trailer for Mechwarrior 5... would make my last few seconds more epic as I ignore the imminent reactor breach)

#7 Brody

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 120 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 09:01 AM

honourable retreat? ... should I? It won't help if I do... ok. I will.

First, the OP here is clearly going to be insulted / disagree with anything a reasonable person says to explain to them why they are wrong. Because the OP is clearly already of the mindset that they are correct. Even though the OP will admit, they have been and can be wrong, they don't think they're wrong about this, and we will never change their mind.

Now, the reason why retreat isn't an option is because a retreat only occurs after a military force has lost a battle or failed it's mission. That is to say, the game is over, you were on the losing side, then you retreat. Since the skirmish game is not lost or over until one of the teams has suffered 12 deaths, you can not retreat until after 12 'mechs have been destroyed.

The answer: There is an honorable way to retreat. First you accept the fact that by joining the game you have agreed to be one of the 12 'mechs volunteered to complete a goal in a specified time(around 15 minutes) for some virtuous, martial reason. Then you spend the allotted time bravely attempting to accomplish that goal. Upon failing to complete the mission or the destruction of your 'mech you will be forced to retreat to your mechbay, where you select another 'mech (perhaps the same one you just used) to undertake another mission. Until the end of the game is brought about by the utter defeat of you and your comrades you are expected to fight towards the successful completion of your goal, and anyone who runs away, hides, or tries otherwise to save their meaningless virtual life is considered a coward, deserter, AWOL or, in this game, to have violated the terms of agreement under the grounds of non-participation and is subject to punishment as per the code agreed to when you took your oath of service.

In order to retreat honorably, you must first fight and die, then you must type "gg", then you must click the "exit" button.

Fixt.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users