• Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 07 August 2016 - 12:17 PM

With the Kodiak being sold for MC I dont know many people that purchase the mechs with MC but only with c-bills I made some builds for the Kodiak that might help with your games..

There they are

#2 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 10:20 PM

1. KDK-3 video
You got some bad information on the XL and standard decision on the KDK-3 video. Never use a standard in a clan mech if you can help it. Rather than dropping the XL400 to a STD315, drop it to an XL375. The XL375 is 2 tons lighter than the STD 315 and leaves you moving fast. A clan XL engine will not cause your mech to die on the loss of a side torso, even with an ammo explosion due to built in clan CASE and the requirement of losing both torsos to die. You can use the extra tons on more ammo or more cooling and you'll have extra room in the engine for more heatsinks than what a 315 can carry. The weaponry loadout you have is standard meta though, give or take the backup lasers.

2. KDK-2 video
I wouldn't run that build myself for that mech, due to better options available, but the build you are running could be improved a bit with more ammo for your LRMs, you even have 0.8 tons left over and open slots but didn't add any extra ammo when you could just shave a little armor off for a full ton or just add a half ton. Still I'd recommend LPL over the ERLLs and a gauss or UAC10 over the LRM 15. Either dropping the engine to XL375 for the large weight savings or removing some firepower.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...4642dec7a916fcd This here works with a powerful mid/long range laser burst, pinpoint high accuracy gauss, and I had 4 tons left over and only a few slots so instead of a few extra heatsinks I threw in an LRM10 with a couple tons of ammo for indirect fire needs. The alpha strike is considerably more painful than your build's ERLLs and rather than 3 seconds of duration split between the two 1.5 second groups it pushes 40 damage in a little over 1 second with the mix of LPL and ERML and throws in a 15 damage spike at the end of that second.

3. KDK-1 video
You mentioned using an LBX 20 for mid range. That's probably one of the worst weapons to use for mid range in the game due to the large weight, large slot requirement, and high spread at range. A UAC20 or UAC10 would work better at mid range, the UAC20 biased a bit towards closer ranges than the 10. More damage, less slot requirement, if you bring the UAC10 less tonnage and ammo requirement. As usual I'd cut the LRMs entirely for more direct laser weaponry and more heatsinks, but if you just really like LRMs its discretionary, I'm just saying what I'd bring and what tends to be more effective in more situations.

4. Overall
-It would be nice if you gave smurfy links if you're doing videos on builds and looking for forum discussion.
-Never buy a Kodiak for MC, its cheaper to buy the whole pack than it is to buy a single Kodiak for MC
-Builds could use a little work, if you're going to make videos that spread information and are intended to help you should stay ontop of game mechanics, why the things in your build work like they do, and ways you can improve your own builds so that you can share with your audience. Examples: Using STD over XL in a clan mech, using LBX for mid range over UAC, leaving free tonnage on your mech while you have free slots.
-It'd be nice if you gave some summaries and more textual information in your forum posts for the sake of discussion, especially given over 45 minutes of video. It will help you get more replies and discussion sooner, similar to TLDRs at the end of lengthy posts.

#3 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 09 August 2016 - 12:46 AM

Thank you Dakota1000 you have by far the best constructive Criticism ive seen in a while.. Yes I did have some bad info about the clan engines among other things with that.

As far as smurfy link i've never thought of using them and will so in the future, I didnt think of that and thats a great idea...I can always learn something new..

Thank you and you had some great idea's and your a pretty cool guy my friend..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users