#1 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 05:59 PM

Has anyone ever tried this build? I call it:

Broke Back Bear!

It's very low on armor but has lots of power! I need to lower the engines more don't I! >< Just now thinking about it:

Manley Bear!

How viable is a 9 PPC build in battle. I'm asking because I'm still broke and can't afford the engine or weapons atm and I'm curious.

You can easily split up the PPC's. I imagine dropping the extra weapons for all coolers would be the smarter move:

Broke Back Manley Bear! / AMS / Just PPC's

And I know they are mostly slow. but you are forced into it with all of the PPC's.

Edited by Arugela, 11 September 2016 - 06:14 PM.

#2 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 11 September 2016 - 06:06 PM

It's not. After 4 ERPPC's, it's pointless, you're much better off with 4+DHS rather than more.

With that said, you can run 11 cERPPC's on a DWF and do this:

#3 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 11 September 2016 - 06:18 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 11 September 2016 - 06:06 PM, said:

It's not. After 4 ERPPC's, it's pointless, you're much better off with 4+DHS rather than more.

Yep, 4 ERPPC is the limit if you want to have effective cooling. You don't need to have 11ERPPCs to rear-alpha a target either, 4 is plenty (and you'll shutdown anyway lol).

So yeah 4 max, fire them in two's - crank out east 600dmg+ games.

I mean you see people bring silly builds like 6PPC Banshee's, they can literally only chain-fire them all once and then you only fire one every 10 seconds after that cause you're never able to cool off.

So you're overall damage per second (DPS) is just far too low. Better off with more cooling, shooting more often, do more damage. I dominate plenty with my 4 ERPPC Warhawk. I cranks out the kills and damage if you can place shots well.

#4 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 06:26 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 11 September 2016 - 06:06 PM, said:

With that said, you can run 11 cERPPC's on a DWF and do this:

ROFL! I guess I would have to go KDK-5 and get 11 ERLLs then! ><

Broke Back Bear 5!
Manley Bear 5!

I'm not trying to rear alpha stuff. I'm more trying to front alpha an atlas! 8) I if anything I want to do it because I can.

I've found some of the odd builds have better cooling than you would think. Especially LL's. they can be chain or duel fired after alphas and do pretty good.

Maybe KDK-1 is better for this as it would get extra tonnage.... Or a KDK-2 for jumpjets!

Edited by Arugela, 11 September 2016 - 06:44 PM.

#5 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 07:06 PM

View PostArugela, on 11 September 2016 - 05:59 PM, said:

Has anyone ever tried this build? I call it:

Broke Back Bear!

It's very low on armor but has lots of power! I need to lower the engines more don't I! &gt;&lt; Just now thinking about it:

Manley Bear!

How viable is a 9 PPC build in battle. I'm asking because I'm still broke and can't afford the engine or weapons atm and I'm curious.

You can easily split up the PPC's. I imagine dropping the extra weapons for all coolers would be the smarter move:

Broke Back Manley Bear! / AMS / Just PPC's

And I know they are mostly slow. but you are forced into it with all of the PPC's.

View PostArugela, on 11 September 2016 - 06:26 PM, said:

ROFL! I guess I would have to go KDK-5 and get 11 ERLLs then! &gt;&lt;

Broke Back Bear 5!
Manley Bear 5!

I'm not trying to rear alpha stuff. I'm more trying to front alpha an atlas! 8) I if anything I want to do it because I can.

I've found some of the odd builds have better cooling than you would think. Especially LL's. they can be chain or duel fired after alphas and do pretty good.

Maybe KDK-1 is better for this as it would get extra tonnage.... Or a KDK-2 for jumpjets!

Make both... See which you like better!

9x ER PPC or 11x ER LL...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users