What Is Going On With Energy Weapons?

7 replies to this topic

#1 FirstRock

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:59 PM

I cant seem to do much damage with energy weapons like I could before. I shoot at a standing mech at short range and fire several vollies with little damage recorded. I can see the lasers hit the opponent but nothing registers. About 75% of damage (from energy) is not recorded.

#2 Moonlight Grimoire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 941 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 04 August 2016 - 02:06 PM

Are you making certain you are in optimal range or even within max range when firing. Second, firing at disconnected players gives you 0 damage. Turn on the color blind friendly reticule in the settings menu to double check that your lasers are actually connecting. If this keeps happening and you are in optimal range (your weapons should be green in the lower right) you should do full damage if you hold the laser on the target for the whole time, yellow is of course within max range but less damage.

If you are hitting with everything in your favor it is something to do with the connection between you, the servers, or maybe the servers and your targets.

#3 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 04 August 2016 - 04:54 PM

There was a Light mech event until just recently, and lasers usually cannot deal full damage to them when they are sprinting at full speed.

#4 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:46 AM

Ping / sever you play on makes a huge difference. I can take same mech and play matches on EU (~50 ping) and NA (~150 ping) while doing same things and end up with half the damage on NA compared to what I did on EU. Don't even want to imagine whats it like on Oceanic (~300 ping), my guess would be all lasers = useless.

#5 jjm1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 04:12 AM

This is why we need a match log.

#6 LowSubmarino

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 04:49 AM

U know nothing about real pain.

Watch your heat go up 50 %.

Watch two beautiful cerppcs hit their mark cause of your epic aim.

Watch those ppcs fly right through the dead cener of the mech you should have hit.

Thats real pain.

They havent and never will fix this because apparently it cannot be fixed.

And thus you have lasers that dont do dmg or only partial dmg and ppcs that just fly right through a mech.

This issue has been around as long as mwo exists.

Thousands of posts and thousands of threads have been dealing with this. Its one of mwos most annoying features.

Something is completly wrong in the programming, the engine, the design or whatever.

A major flaw which the devs either werent able to truely identify or didnt have to resources the fix or simply chose to ignore for whatever reason.

Its a fact though that his issue has been around forever and you are just one of a billion ppl to complain about it. So far even the combined whining of the entire community hasnt had any effect whatsoever.

Impressive that you put in the effort to try again though.

:-P

Edited by oneda, 05 August 2016 - 04:58 AM.

#7 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 05 August 2016 - 07:54 AM

View PostFirstRock, on 04 August 2016 - 01:59 PM, said:

I cant seem to do much damage with energy weapons like I could before. I shoot at a standing mech at short range and fire several vollies with little damage recorded. I can see the lasers hit the opponent but nothing registers. About 75% of damage (from energy) is not recorded.

Oh, that's just hitreg™. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I find that when it does not work, I'm screwed for a couple of weeks and am better off basket weaving or playing nintendo until it magically fixes itself.

#8 FirstRock

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 10:43 AM

Was not just on light mechs and actually more so with large mechs that are not moving. WELL WITH IN RANGE thought that was clear but apparently not. Relatively low ping.. 50 and below. This only started to happen when the resizing of mechs happened.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users