45 replies to this topic

#21 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,771 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 09 August 2016 - 06:34 AM

The other HBK-IICs have some issues, but the HBK-IIC-A is the best medium and probably the best poptart in the game currently, it's just about using it correctly.

Often the HBK-IIC-A is either run as a glass cannon with 2 LPL/4-6 ERML for full power in PUGs or 2 ERPPC poptarts for annoyance and then the occasional 3 LPL build for poking in situations where the 2 ERPPC build might be lackluster.

#22 Chuck Jager

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 06:40 AM

If you are trying to run sub 500m builds in solo pugz it is not fun in many mediums of either side, because the damage just getting into range in a main battle is to much compared to the damage you do in range. Unless hunting stragglers and common we do not need to throw more bad players at the other teams bad players.

The clan IIc hunchie allows many comfortable builds that do well in the 500m range and it should be able to kite well enough to use the group as back up. IS Hunchies are still terror with an organized team that closes the range.

Do not try to force a hammer to work like a screw driver. Swallow your love for a particular mech and just choose the best tool (not always easy or fun).

#23 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 02:19 PM

It's up there as one of my best mechs.

It's one of the few I enjoy pugging in.

#24 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 09 August 2016 - 02:22 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 09 August 2016 - 06:34 AM, said:

Often the HBK-IIC-A is either run as a glass cannon with 2 LPL/4-6 ERML

My body temperature rose a few degrees reading this.

#25 Snowbluff

• Bad Company
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 02:57 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 09 August 2016 - 02:22 PM, said:

My body temperature rose a few degrees reading this.

If you can't handle the heat, get out of the clan mech. :P

6 ERML and 2 LPL/ERPPC is standard now. It sounds hot until you are told that the heavy energy weapons are used past 400m, with the ERML for the closer quarters. :3

#26 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 09 August 2016 - 03:00 PM

View PostSnowbluff, on 09 August 2016 - 02:57 PM, said:

If you can't handle the heat, get out of the clan mech. Posted Image

6 ERML and 2 LPL/ERPPC is standard now. It sounds hot until you are told that the heavy energy weapons are used past 400m, with the ERML for the closer quarters. :3

I would probably just rofl-alpha up to 550m or so and then hide. If greater than that then yeah 2 cLPLs only.

#27 Snowbluff

• Bad Company
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 03:01 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 09 August 2016 - 03:00 PM, said:

I would probably just rofl-alpha up to 550m or so and then hide. If greater than that then yeah 2 cLPLs only.

I've been known to be trigger happy with my 6 ERML 2 ERPPC TBR if I smell blood. PCHEPCHEWEWWWW. Straight to the CT. :3

#28 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 03:34 PM

Yeah, you can't brawl, so use those high mounts and JJs. I like the 2 ERPPCs on the -A. Don't bother with MLs, just load up on DHS and shoot all day. The -C or Prime with ERPPC + Gauss is also fantastic. UAC10s, 5s, laser vomit, etc. all work. Just don't get into an exposed brawl like you would with an IS Hunchie.

#29 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 09 August 2016 - 03:46 PM

Hunchback IIC probably the best medium in the game right now, if ST are popping on it, your doing it wrong, also your in a clan mech not an IS mech

#30 Shadowomega1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 987 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 03:52 PM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 09 August 2016 - 04:28 AM, said:

You aren't hiding well enough. Try harder coz thats what PUGs are all about. Hiding and taking pop-shots, which HBK-IIC excels at thanks to high mounted hardpoints. In a brawl it is too big, too square and too slow to be of any real use.

The HBK-IIC is only as slow as people set it up to be. My HBK-IIC B runs around at 94 kph and pumps mechs full of SRMs enough to crack an assaults front armor in two salvos, and finish it off with a well placed 3rd. I bet the energy builds are hitting close to that speed themselves, unless they are trying to pack more Double heatsinks.

Edited by Shadowomega1, 09 August 2016 - 03:54 PM.

#31 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 06:15 PM

View Postmogs01gt, on 09 August 2016 - 04:20 AM, said:

show me how weak IS Med. mechs really are without quirks. I like the mech but geez, ST's pop like balloons when anything hits it....I've lost my ballistic hard point a few times on the first engagement simply because they are soo easy to hit..

Reminds me of the hold days of the 4g getting its ac20 popped..

Mogs

That ballistic loss is I believe more of a crit mechanic issue... I thought they gave mechs like that reduced crit chance on their location to compensate...?

#32 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 09 August 2016 - 06:37 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 09 August 2016 - 04:55 AM, said:

Try to really frontload your ST armor. Like only 2 armor in the back. ✨

I do that often, but when the game loads me up in lower tiers I get a Gauss rifle shot or two in the back before we engage, while we engage and sometimes after we engage.

#33 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 10 August 2016 - 04:25 AM

View PostCathy, on 09 August 2016 - 03:46 PM, said:

Hunchback IIC probably the best medium in the game right now, if ST are popping on it, your doing it wrong, also your in a clan mech not an IS mech

LMAO I love people that post garbage that has already been discussed...Got to get that post count up!

View PostMauttyKoray, on 09 August 2016 - 06:15 PM, said:

That ballistic loss is I believe more of a crit mechanic issue... I thought they gave mechs like that reduced crit chance on their location to compensate...?

It is. I've had my ballistic mount get destroyed from a gauss crit. Prob 2 gauss but you cant ever tell.

Edited by mogs01gt, 10 August 2016 - 04:26 AM.

#34 SmoothCriminal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 815 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 04:39 AM

the A variant with 6MPLs is fantastic, but you are not tanky enough or fast enough to solo. Let the assaults take some heat and melt people from behind them. One of my favourite mechs.

#35 LowSubmarino

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 04:57 AM

The hunchback IIC-A is a vicious and lethal killing machine.

It has so many amazing strengths and you manage to mention the one weakness it actually really needs in order to not make it completly and over the top imba.

Which it still is by the way.

That mech is not for noobs and/or newbs though.

In skilled hand it provides you with an amazing number of firing opportunities while most other mechs simply cannot fight as effective either because they have to expose way too much mech to shoot or cannot reach advatageous terrain.

The hunchback IIC will allow you to minimize incoming damage while giving you more opportunities to hit the enemy than most other mechs.

It is one of the best traders in the game.

It shines especially in sniper builds with no face time weapons in med to long range exchanges.

Trust me. If you get better and better you will realize this mech is one of the best mechs in the game.

#36 davoodoo

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 05:11 AM

Im having a blast with each and every of my hbk IIc

2 uac10 and 5 tons of ammo, follow assaults or flank and unload before retreating, you can even try to brawl with some heavies but i suggest not facetanking an assault.
6 mplas laservomit, this is the mech which killed most dwf out of my whole stable, pop out unload 48 dmg and hide back again.
and even missile variant packs 4 lrm10a and 7 tons of ammo good enough for a 50 tonner and i can easily refit it for 4 ssrm6 and bap for light hunting.

Edited by davoodoo, 10 August 2016 - 05:14 AM.

#37 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 10 August 2016 - 06:13 AM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 09 August 2016 - 06:34 AM, said:

The other HBK-IICs have some issues, but the HBK-IIC-A is the best medium and probably the best poptart in the game currently, it's just about using it correctly.

Often the HBK-IIC-A is either run as a glass cannon with 2 LPL/4-6 ERML for full power in PUGs or 2 ERPPC poptarts for annoyance and then the occasional 3 LPL build for poking in situations where the 2 ERPPC build might be lackluster.

2ERPPC+6SPL. That's where the money is IMO.

Oh... you wanna close with the sniper mech? Welcome to my kill zone.

#38 davoodoo

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 06:24 AM

View PostNarcissistic Martyr, on 10 August 2016 - 06:13 AM, said:

Oh... you wanna close with the sniper mech? Welcome to my kill zone.

Too hawt for my taste and long range firepower leaves something to desire, if you replaced those erppc with lpl though.

Edited by davoodoo, 10 August 2016 - 06:25 AM.

#39 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 10 August 2016 - 06:29 AM

View Postdavoodoo, on 10 August 2016 - 06:24 AM, said:

Too hawt for my taste and long range firepower leaves something to desire.

It's a poptart with secondary weapons. The poptarting lets me score fairly consistant low risk hits. Up close I don't use the ERPPC too much so overall heat is manageable and during the trading game the ERPPC while hot have plenty of time to cool down while I reposition so that's not an issue for me.

So, it suits my playstyle. Obviously it doesn't suit everyone's.

#40 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,771 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 10 August 2016 - 09:07 AM

View PostNarcissistic Martyr, on 10 August 2016 - 06:13 AM, said:

Oh... you wanna close with the sniper mech?

PPCs are great anti-light weapons which is the only thing that should be closing on you like that (unless your team got snowballed), 6 SPLs is 6 DHS you are missing and those DHS are important.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users