Mm Hates Me (Or Is There A Black List Of Players) ?

156 replies to this topic

#1 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 12 August 2016 - 06:25 AM

That's a pretty bad win/loss ratio on your main account. If you are below 1.0 win/loss then you need to be trying significantly harder to help your team. The way the matchmaker is structured, it aims to put all players at 1/1 win/loss. To go below 1/1 means you're doing things that hurt your team.

#2 Mudhutwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 12 August 2016 - 06:34 AM

I see what you see pretty regularly. Of those I know here and trust they see the same.

I tend to think those who say its not a problem for them are less than truthful and or skewing it in someway like synch dropping or playing at only certain times. If you play consistently at different times you will see what I mean. Some times you can have a fair shot and others you might as well log off.

If I was really involved in the game anymore I would play only in windows that give me the best odds. No idea what they are now as I play less and less if at all.

#3 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 12 August 2016 - 06:37 AM

It is a snowbally game. If one side is good at rotating their wounded, then 12-0 stomps can happen quite easily. Usually the matches end a lot closer than you think, with the surviving enemies held together by only spits and wishes.

Edited by El Bandito, 12 August 2016 - 06:38 AM.

#4 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 06:40 AM

Well the apologists are out in force this morning....

#5 Dread Render

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 847 posts
  • LocationSouth River NJ

Posted 12 August 2016 - 06:40 AM

View PostMister Blastman, on 12 August 2016 - 06:25 AM, said:

That's a pretty bad win/loss ratio on your main account. If you are below 1.0 win/loss then you need to be trying significantly harder to help your team. The way the matchmaker is structured, it aims to put all players at 1/1 win/loss. To go below 1/1 means you're doing things that hurt your team.

There is NO WAY you can prove this or even produce evidence for your Assumption.
If you are placed in a bad team, It does not matter how good you are, you cant carry an entire team.
You may feel you due and your ego loves to believe you do... BUT YOU DONT
The MM is broken and needs to be fixed.

#6 MadHornet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 529 posts
  • LocationSomewhere deep in Florida

Posted 12 August 2016 - 06:53 AM

I don't know about you guys but I get slammed with stomps whenever I play a new 'mech. Probably just unlucky though.

#7 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 06:59 AM

I haven't played too much quickplay lately, but when I have it has felt pretty streaky. I'm either losing a ton of games, or I'm winning a ton.

Yesterday, I played my 10 games for the event in the assault. I was getting huge wait times, but I won nearly every game. The last time I did quickplay a bunch in the solo queue was during the light event where I played a medium with fast search times. I lost most of my matches then despite scoring well.

Obviously this is all anectdotal, but it does hint to me that I might be benefiting when I make matchmaker struggle. It might also mean the game is giving me too much credit when I give it an easy matching. Or it could all just be random and I got lucky/unlucky.

#8 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:01 AM

View PostPORONOPAPOS, on 12 August 2016 - 06:03 AM, said:

Or maybe there is some kind of black list of players that MM puts them in the more likely to lose team ?

Posted Image

#9 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:07 AM

View PostMadHornet, on 12 August 2016 - 06:53 AM, said:

I don't know about you guys but I get slammed with stomps whenever I play a new 'mech. Probably just unlucky though.

That's understandable. Due to the skill tree system, fresh mechs perform less than they could, affecting your overall contribution to the team's victory. You can try to mitigate that by purchasing few inexpensive but important skills with GXP, such as cool run, heat capacity, and accel/decel, when you pilot a brand new mech.

#10 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:08 AM

View PostDread Render, on 12 August 2016 - 06:40 AM, said:

There is NO WAY you can prove this or even produce evidence for your Assumption.
If you are placed in a bad team, It does not matter how good you are, you cant carry an entire team.

I am making no assumption. I am stating fact per the developers of the game. The way the matchmaker is structured, per Paul, Russ and others, is to weight everyone towards a 1:1 ratio.

You can be higher or lower--and some of us significantly higher in the PUG only queue, but that is directly a result of our own efforts, not our teammates.

If you have a win/loss of 0.5/1, you EARNED that bad ratio by playing bad.

If you have a win/loss of 1.7/1, you EARNED that exemplary ratio by playing well.

This is fact.

#11 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:13 AM

View PostMister Blastman, on 12 August 2016 - 07:08 AM, said:

I am making no assumption. I am stating fact per the developers of the game. The way the matchmaker is structured, per Paul, Russ and others, is to weight everyone towards a 1:1 ratio.

You can be higher or lower--and some of us significantly higher in the PUG only queue, but that is directly a result of our own efforts, not our teammates.

If you have a win/loss of 1.7/1, you EARNED that exemplary ratio by playing well.

This is fact.

If it is you can readily provide reference?

#12 Dread Render

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 847 posts
  • LocationSouth River NJ

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:15 AM

View PostMister Blastman, on 12 August 2016 - 07:08 AM, said:

This is fact.

You must have misunderstood... There is NO WAY You can control whether your team wins or looses.
Sure, you can contribute one way or another but to think YOU do it is pure mental delusion.
What about your team mates? Can you control them also? Get your tin hat dude.
there are games where I went to the bathroom and came back and my team won... So I Did That!?!?!?!?!
Get real man.

#13 MadHornet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 529 posts
  • LocationSomewhere deep in Florida

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:15 AM

@el bandito

Whether or not I do well in it has no effect on the matches it seems. Hence why I said "unlucky".

#14 KodiakGW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:18 AM

It's almost like somebody forgot to remove some of the old Elo code when switching to PSR. You know, that code they admitted would make "winning" and "losing" teams, then adjust your Elo accordingly. For instance, if you were on the "losing" team, but you won, your Elo would go up.

Make PSR a reflection of skill instead of an XP bar, and hire Karl back for a day to make sure that code is no longer in play.

#15 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:20 AM

View PostDread Render, on 12 August 2016 - 07:15 AM, said:

You must have misunderstood... There is NO WAY You can control whether your team wins or looses.
Sure, you can contribute one way or another but to think YOU do it is pure mental delusion.
there are games where I went to the bathroom and came back and my team won... So I Did That!?!?!?!?!
Get real man.

You can ABSOLUTELY influence if you team wins or loses. You can't make them win, but you can influence the outcome.

This is why the best players in the game have positive win/loss ratios in the PUG queue. They earn the wins. They accept that while the matchmaker might and will give them crap players and crap games, their efforts alone can and do provide a positive influence for not only themselves, but their teammates and the results speak the truth. The results show their win/loss ratio exceeds 1/1 and often by a significant amount.

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 12 August 2016 - 07:13 AM, said:

If it is you can readily provide reference?

They said it a long, long time ago in a few announcements. You're welcome to dig through there and find it. I frankly don't have the time nor the care to look for it. But Paul said it I believe when explaining PSR and the matchmaker (or maybe it was someone else, but it was a PGI statement). I know for sure this is how ELO worked. PSR has a similar function. Russ has backed this up a few times, too, in various places.

Look, if you're losing way more than you're winning (over a significant pool of games--say 50 or 100, ideally 200+), it isn't bad luck, it's yourself. You're playing terrible and the only thing you can do about that is to stop playing or play better.

Edited by Mister Blastman, 12 August 2016 - 07:23 AM.

#16 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,254 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:22 AM

View PostDread Render, on 12 August 2016 - 06:40 AM, said:

None of this is true.

#17 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:23 AM

View PostDread Render, on 12 August 2016 - 07:15 AM, said:

Get real man.

We have already established on many other threads that Blastman is deluded. Just read through posting history and its apparent.

Can't defend his facts if his life depended on it either... :)

#18 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:29 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 12 August 2016 - 07:23 AM, said:

We have already established on many other threads that Blastman is deluded. Just read through posting history and its apparent.

Can't defend his facts if his life depended on it either... Posted Image

Yep, I'm totally deluded and I'm a chronicbad player. You got me man! Totally got me! I am awful at the game and horrible at posting because I swim in absinthe and suck on helium!

Totally got me man.

Posted Image

(Oh and you're welcome to find where they said it. My two jobs to work don't allow me time to look for or care.)

#19 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:30 AM

View PostMister Blastman, on 12 August 2016 - 07:29 AM, said:

Yep, I'm totally deluded and I'm a chronicbad player. You got me man! Totally got me! I am awful at the game and horrible at posting because I swim in absinthe and suck on helium!

Totally got me man.

Posted Image

(Oh and you're welcome to find where they said it. My two jobs to work don't allow me time to look for or care.)

No, You got yourself. I have nothing to do with that.

#20 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:32 AM

View PostPORONOPAPOS, on 12 August 2016 - 07:23 AM, said:

MisterBlastman as Dread Render said you can't do nothing if your team is bad. Let's say when 5-6 of your teammates die in less than 2 minutes from start, it can't be due to anything I did wrong personally (I don't mean I play good in these matches).

If your team is that bad, then yes, you are screwed.

But if you play hundreds of games and have a sub 1:1 win/loss ratio, and still blame it on your teammates and the matchmaker, you are deluded. Poor performance on your own part is the only way you get chronically low ratios.

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 12 August 2016 - 07:30 AM, said:

No, You got yourself. I have nothing to do with that.

I got nothing but laughs. Posted Image

Now quit trolling and try and post something useful or get out of the thread. I'm helping clarify the significance of playing well. But there are still folks (lots of folks) who think they're at the whim of fate and there is nothing they can ever do about it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users