69 replies to this topic

#41 MrJeffers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 12 August 2016 - 02:09 PM

The link to determine your eligibility is active now:
https://mwomercs.com/profile/content

It only tells you if you qualify, not why you didn't, e.g. bought a pack outside of the time window or didn't get the collector pack, etc. But it's at least something to see where you stand.

#42 Cy Mitchell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 02:13 PM

The word is in. There will be no changes to the Top Tier Awards. If you bought and upgraded Basic Packs then you will have to spend an additional $40 to qualify for the Stalker and Summoners.

For reference see Alex's post near the end of the Announcement thread.

#43 xXBagheeraXx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:10 PM

Well thats a gigantic middle finger to me. And its only going to cost them more money down the line. i was on the fence about the marauder IIC...now I'm definitly not going to get it.

#44 Reaper171

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 69 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:15 PM

Im eligible for the Hellbringer currently but its not showing up, perhaps it takes some time?

1 MC purchased through the Steam portal counts toward the MechWarrior Credits eligibility.

2 Steam Performance Bundles purchased after October 18th 2016 at 10:00 AM PDT will not count toward the 2017 Customer Appreciation Program, due to limitations with how Steam Performance Bundles are tracked.

3 Eligible Collections (any tier, or any a la carte 'Mech when applicable): UrbanMech; Resistance 1; Resistance 2; Marauder; Warhammer; Rifleman; Archer; Phoenix Hawk; Cyclops. This Cataphract Loyalty Variant will only be available through the 2016 Inner Sphere Reward program. The Standard version of this Cataphract variant will be available for MC and C-Bills at a future date, to be determined.

4 Eligible Collections (any tier, or any a la carte 'Mech when applicable): Wave 1; Wave 2; Wave 3; Origins IIC; Kodiak; Viper; Night Gyr; Huntsman; Linebacker; Marauder IIC. This Hellbringer Loyalty Variant will only be available through the 2016 Clan Reward program, and will be injected into eligible accounts on a date to be determined. The Standard version of this Hellbringer variant will be available for MC and C-Bills at a future date, to be determined.

5 Eligible Collections: Resistance 1 Wrath Collection; Resistance 2 Mauler Collection.

6 Eligible combinations: At least two Collector Packs from any combination of the following: UrbanMech; Marauder; Warhammer; Rifleman; Archer; Phoenix Hawk; Cyclops. This Stalker Loyalty Variant will only be available through the 2016 Top-Tier Inner Sphere Collection Reward program. The Standard version of this Stalker variant will be available for MC and C-Bills at a future date, to be determined.

7 Eligible Collections: Wave 1 Masakari Collection; Wave 2 Man-O-War Collection; Wave 3 Gladiator Collection; Origins IIC Highlander Collection.

8 Eligible combinations: At least two Collector Packs from any combination of the following Packs: Kodiak; Viper; Night Gyr; Huntsman; Linebacker; Marauder IIC. These Summoner Loyalty Variants will only be available through the 2016 Top-Tier Clan Collection Reward. The Standard version of these Summoner variants will be available for MC and C-Bills at a future date, to be determined.

#45 vettie

• The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 1,620 posts
  • LocationThe Good Ole South

Posted 12 August 2016 - 08:25 PM

I show that i purchased Resistance 2 in May and since have bought other including Marauder Collector pack, but I dont qualify for the Stalker Reward.

Looks like my options are
Upgrade my Warhammer pack (40$) and receive duplicates of the pack I bought to get the one I didnt want

buy a rifleman collector - 40$ and released for cbills....

but an archer collector - 40$ and released for cbills....

buy a Phoenix Hawk - 40$ which i care nothing about

by a Cyclops - 40$ and I dont care for the mech

or wait until the Stalker comes out for Cbills -most likely

or write support for clarification - probably will do

#46 Chuanhao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 520 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 12 August 2016 - 09:53 PM

At the end, there needs to be differentiator for those that dole out more cash for less value (IMHO) i.e. collector mechs.

Those that optimised by paying for normal + hero are, well, optimised.

If you are not willing to splurge more for cosmetics, so be it, and you don't get the extra bling.

and these rules are not new. it is the same for last year, so nobody should be shocked. If anything, PGI is consistent.

I bought the Marauder normal only, and the Archer with hero. so I don't qualify for the stalker. so be it. not going to whine.

If you want the stalker so badly, then splash out the extra $$$ for it.

How do we actually weight between the old 4 chassis packs of old against the current chassis packs? U can't really. Some people value all 4 chassis. Some people don't. for those that don't the "extra" chassis are of no value whatsoever. Now we have a choice of specific chassis only.

And collector's packs vs ala carte IS are of equal value, while against ala carte Clan are so much cheaper.

So I'm not complaining. Going to luv my free Cataphract and Hellbringer.

#47 ScarecrowES

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,812 posts
  • LocationDefending the Cordon, Arc-Royal

Posted 12 August 2016 - 10:05 PM

View PostChuanhao, on 12 August 2016 - 09:53 PM, said:

At the end, there needs to be differentiator for those that dole out more cash for less value (IMHO) i.e. collector mechs.

Those that optimised by paying for normal + hero are, well, optimised.

If you are not willing to splurge more for cosmetics, so be it, and you don't get the extra bling.

and these rules are not new. it is the same for last year, so nobody should be shocked. If anything, PGI is consistent.

I bought the Marauder normal only, and the Archer with hero. so I don't qualify for the stalker. so be it. not going to whine.

If you want the stalker so badly, then splash out the extra $$$ for it.

How do we actually weight between the old 4 chassis packs of old against the current chassis packs? U can't really. Some people value all 4 chassis. Some people don't. for those that don't the "extra" chassis are of no value whatsoever. Now we have a choice of specific chassis only.

And collector's packs vs ala carte IS are of equal value, while against ala carte Clan are so much cheaper.

So I'm not complaining. Going to luv my free Cataphract and Hellbringer.

Makes sense... I should dole out more than the $300 I'll have spent on MWO by the end of the year - $250 of that in 5 mechpacks - because it's been arbitrarily decided that my purchases have no value to PGI.

I suppose the guy who goes out right now and buys 2 $40-dollar collectors packs is a more loyal customer than I am with my 5 $50 ones. Makes a lot of sense.

#48 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,828 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 12 August 2016 - 10:14 PM

View PostScarecrowES, on 12 August 2016 - 10:05 PM, said:

Makes sense... I should dole out more than the $300 I'll have spent on MWO by the end of the year - $250 of that in 5 mechpacks - because it's been arbitrarily decided that my purchases have no value to PGI.

I suppose the guy who goes out right now and buys 2 $40-dollar collectors packs is a more loyal customer than I am with my 5 $50 ones. Makes a lot of sense.

Pretty much I just saved up to just get me a standard Kodiak pack with the hero and the MAD IIC now I lost all interest in doing so, and I just finish talking with support about my Clan rewards since I qualified for it (after upgrae to the Gladiator pack some where in November) still showing I'm not eligible.

Right now this whole loyalty thing is too convoluted just over something simple.

#49 ScarecrowES

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,812 posts
  • LocationDefending the Cordon, Arc-Royal

Posted 12 August 2016 - 11:42 PM

Doesn't anyone else find it baffling that the $40 collector's package for single-chassis mech packs are not even the top tier pack for that chassis - and yet PGI is accepting ONLY those packs for top tier rewards and NOT the more expensive packages?

After all, the collector's pack is the 3rd cheapest pack you can buy in the single-chassis packs. More expensive than the $40 collector's pack is the $70 ultimate pack, the $55 collector's pack + add-on, and the $50 standard + reinforcements + hero packs. Only the standard pack alone, or standard + add-on are cheaper than a collector's pack. It's not even in the top HALF of the package tiers.

At a minimum, the top tier rewards qualifications should be amended to include collector's packs as well as any more expensive package. Collector's or above, at a minimum.

#50 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 12 August 2016 - 11:50 PM

View PostScarecrowES, on 12 August 2016 - 11:42 PM, said:

Doesn't anyone else find it baffling that the $40 collector's package for single-chassis mech packs are not even the top tier pack for that chassis - and yet PGI is accepting ONLY those packs for top tier rewards and NOT the more expensive packages?

After all, the collector's pack is the 3rd cheapest pack you can buy in the single-chassis packs. More expensive than the $40 collector's pack is the $70 ultimate pack, the $55 collector's pack + add-on, and the $50 standard + reinforcements + hero packs. Only the standard pack alone, or standard + add-on are cheaper than a collector's pack. It's not even in the top HALF of the package tiers.

At a minimum, the top tier rewards qualifications should be amended to include collector's packs as well as any more expensive package. Collector's or above, at a minimum.

I get the feeling that either PGI is ignorant of the situation (unlikely, because it's about $$$) or that they are intentionally targeting that specific package because it is the least popular.

They are hoping that you give in $20 to upgrade the package, despite it having little to no value for the people originally ordering the packs in the first place.

It's greed of the highest order... to see if they can get away with it. If it's ignorance... they are surely not understanding why the Collector's Pack holds the least amount of value for the money spent.

#51 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 13 August 2016 - 12:33 AM

I'd like the Stalker.

But the Collectors Packs are just bad value. I'm not going to spend $20 "upgrading" for the very poor value of one extra copy of a Mech I already bought, and yet more Premium Time. It's just not worth it.

PGI needs to rethink this approach. Instead of creating/rewarding loyalty, they are convincing me not to spend any more money.

#52 lazytopaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 316 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 13 August 2016 - 12:58 AM

Well $hit.... I've got the cyclops but I ain't buying urbanmech, marauder, rifleman, archer (well not for real money maybe for C-Bills later on) or Phoenix Hawk (hell no... not with those weak arms that you can easily shoot off).

I've already got Maulers and Warhammers for C-Bills.
So I guess If I want that stalker I have to buy wrath package with panther, enforcer, grasshopper and zeus. for 80$ right?... 80$ for one stalker (which looks disgusting, its huge and its meh to me).

#53 Kalleballe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 01:33 AM

yes
yes
no
yes
no
no
no

Perfect, bottom tier 2c package this year and upgrade it for next year.

#54 invernomuto

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 13 August 2016 - 01:42 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 12 August 2016 - 11:50 PM, said:

They are hoping that you give in $20 to upgrade the package, despite it having little to no value for the people originally ordering the packs in the first place.

It's greed of the highest order... to see if they can get away with it. If it's ignorance... they are surely not understanding why the Collector's Pack holds the least amount of value for the money spent.

At least they should give a different variant in the collector pack. Something special.
I really cannot stand to have a "copy" of a variant that I already have in the base pack.

#55 Peter2k

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 August 2016 - 02:20 AM

They could make it a bar that fills the more you spent
They can already keep progress of players when it's event time

If someone actually spent 300$ on MC for some reason they can reward him as well

But ehh
Guess too much work
Or rather marketing at play to get more collector versions cashed

#56 Chuanhao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 520 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 13 August 2016 - 03:18 AM

View PostScarecrowES, on 12 August 2016 - 10:05 PM, said:

Ahhh

You got the standard + hero + add-on x 5. I agree it is a significant investment.

Well, to put in a more convoluted way, you did get your money's "worth", that's why you specifically chose that packages and gave up on the collectors. Those that paid for the collectors, paying extra for cosmetics, u would agree, at that point, did not really get moneys worth (which is why you and I did not get it in the first place), but now, with the loyalty rewards, they are compensated?

so just see it as a package. buy two cosmetic upgrades and you get two Summoners / 1 stalker free. If you think that is worth it, $40 for three/four mechs, then by all means! In fact, it is even better, cause now you know exactly what you are going to get for paying for those cosmetics. Those people that paid for cosmetics in the first place certainly didnt' know that they were going to get 2 x summoner later on, so let it be a reward for their blind faith.

All a matter of perspective.

But yeah, maybe if someone bought that many packs as you with heros and add-on and what not, something extra would help assuage the hurt.

View PostBattlemaster56, on 12 August 2016 - 10:14 PM, said:

and I just finish talking with support about my Clan rewards since I qualified for it (after upgrae to the Gladiator pack some where in November) still showing I'm not eligible.

If you had say bought the Ebon Jaguar pack ($90) before October 15 , you would already have been rewarded in 2015 for that "partial" purchase with the Nova. you cannot now just upgrade in November to Gladiator pack for $30 more and then expect to claim the entire 2016 top-tier loyalty reward can you? Its a bit of having cake and eating it? But this is just my speculation.

#57 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,828 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 13 August 2016 - 06:36 AM

@Chuanhao

You can upgrade your pack in sometime later to atleast get Clan reward, but you need to order two Clan collector mech packs to get the top tier, and since we never be told before hand when the eligibility date for the next year loyalty rewards, but it's thier game and stuff.

Edit: Nevermind just read the rules for it's a small window to get Hbr-F, heh a small mistake.

Edited by Battlemaster56, 13 August 2016 - 06:38 AM.

#58 Otto Cannon

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 13 August 2016 - 07:14 AM

The Stalker is actually a nice reward, but aren't the Summoners more like loyalty punishments?

#59 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 13 August 2016 - 07:58 AM

View Postinvernomuto, on 13 August 2016 - 01:42 AM, said:

At least they should give a different variant in the collector pack. Something special.
I really cannot stand to have a "copy" of a variant that I already have in the base pack.

Yeah, that's what put me off it. The duplicate 'collector' Mech makes the standard version unnecessary and redundant.

#60 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 13 August 2016 - 08:01 AM

View PostMrJeffers, on 12 August 2016 - 02:09 PM, said:

The link to determine your eligibility is active now:
https://mwomercs.com/profile/content

It only tells you if you qualify, not why you didn't, e.g. bought a pack outside of the time window or didn't get the collector pack, etc. But it's at least something to see where you stand.

wow, i actually qualified for more than i thought. I really wanted that blackjack and now it seems i am getting itPosted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users