What Assault Build Are You Playing This Weekend? :)

11 replies to this topic

#1 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:56 PM

Just want to know what others are enjoying playing during the beefy assault weekend. What assault are you using to wreck the other assaults that are lining up with their LRMs and... LRMs? Posted Image

I'm taking my Direwolf out and been enjoying it save for those games where I derp on positioning. It's the old 2 ER PPC 2 Gauss with max Tarcom to make sure those extra long-range shots reach their target (funny how you can shoot lights from across the map). I added an AMS on it which helps when I'm eating some lurms while ducking back into cover, but ammo sure does run out fast this weekend. Posted Image

DWF-PRIME

What are you guys hauling? And despite the friendly jabs on lurms, feel free to share your lrm builds too. Posted Image

Edited by Elizander, 13 August 2016 - 12:42 AM.

#2 Lynx OGrady

• PipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 39 posts
  • LocationWarhawk Cockpit

Posted 12 August 2016 - 06:37 PM

Im running Warhawks. My absolute favorite build i've concocted is off a WHK-A

The is, theLazer Hawk
I've had so many good games with this. I used to run LRM's with a few less heat sinks until I ran into a Cataphract on a CW game. too close for the lrms to do any good (50m to 125m apart) and so he tore me up quick. So, Nameless Cataphract pilot, thanks for beating me so i worked the build.

a 2nd Warhawk I run is off of a WHK-B and is in a test phase. (I bought it during the sale)
This is theSplat Hawk

Since i've owned this for a grand total of 24.95 hours plus tax, I dont have a detail report of how it runs overall but, it seems promising, just a bit more prone to overheating than the Lazer Hawk

#3 hordes1ayer2

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 88 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 06:46 PM

4 uac5 with 360 shot of ammo and a 300 engine in a king crab OOOB

Edited by hordes1ayer2, 12 August 2016 - 06:46 PM.

#4 Kuaron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 12:35 AM

I've bought two Kingscrabs to elite my first assault, so am playing them and testing setups. Posted Image
000: 2AC20+2PPC atm., previously it had some mix with SRM4 and MPLs/SLs instead of the PPCs.
0000: 4ASRM4+LBX+3LL. I like this one.
My first KGC with 2Gauss+2ERLL did better in it's few games yesterday, though, but it needs no XP.
I obviously don't play for the leader board. The 3 premium days, if I get in top 50, would start when I wouldn't be able to play anyway.

Edited by Kuaron, 13 August 2016 - 01:04 AM.

#5 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 12:52 AM

I may be not participating in the Assault event, but when I do a few matches my assault of choice is the Mauler.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e2196e7495f275f

528 Points of Armor
Endo-Steel
275 Standard Engine
2X LRM10
2X AC2
2X Machine Gun
2X Large Laser
5X Double Heat Sink
2X C.A.S.E. Units
4 Tons LRM Ammo
4 Tons AC2 Ammo
0.5 Tons Machine Gun Ammo

My second is the King Crab 000, while I usually run the 2X AC20 version, I do like the 4X AC5 as well.

so the 4X AC5 looks like this
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...2a42084089e7c3d

and the 2X AC20 as this
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...18173c06bf80532

Edited by TheLuc, 13 August 2016 - 01:20 AM.

#6 Rayden Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 759 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 01:07 AM

View PostLynxOGrady, on 12 August 2016 - 06:37 PM, said:

Im running Warhawks. My absolute favorite build i've concocted is off a WHK-A

The is, theLazer Hawk
I've had so many good games with this. I used to run LRM's with a few less heat sinks until I ran into a Cataphract on a CW game. too close for the lrms to do any good (50m to 125m apart) and so he tore me up quick. So, Nameless Cataphract pilot, thanks for beating me so i worked the build.

a 2nd Warhawk I run is off of a WHK-B and is in a test phase. (I bought it during the sale)
This is theSplat Hawk

Since i've owned this for a grand total of 24.95 hours plus tax, I dont have a detail report of how it runs overall but, it seems promising, just a bit more prone to overheating than the Lazer Hawk

Switch the MedPls for ERMeds and the ERLarg for LrgPls. Maybe you also need less ammo because of the increased range.

#7 Omaha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 559 posts
  • LocationAnywhere

Posted 13 August 2016 - 01:23 AM

Only have one assault mastered. LoL I used to like them. Nowadays, eh not so much. But I'll play it!

#8 FearNotDeath

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 305 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 13 August 2016 - 08:14 AM

Warhawk Prime (I) 4 Lpl fav mech.

#9 Keltan

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 97 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 02:55 PM

Battlemaster 2C, Took metamechs Large Laser build and modified it because I couldn't afford another engine.

Ended up with, 4x Large laser, 9xDHS. Std engine 340, and lots of armor.

#10 Lynx OGrady

• PipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 39 posts
  • LocationWarhawk Cockpit

Posted 13 August 2016 - 06:33 PM

View PostRayden Wolf, on 13 August 2016 - 01:07 AM, said:

Switch the MedPls for ERMeds and the ERLarg for LrgPls. Maybe you also need less ammo because of the increased range.

You might be on to something there. Though, keeping the same heat sink count while doing the MPL / ML and ERL to LRGPL leaves me with one extra ton and no slots.

Dropping a heat sink to add two tons of ammo (essentially leaving ammo where it is) yields me slightly lower cooling efficiency... however this puts my laser weapons closer together in the range department.

I'll tweak this a bit but thanks for the input man

#11 Kimberm1911

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 157 posts
  • LocationSomewhere on Earth......

Posted 13 August 2016 - 08:06 PM

Right now I'm running the Executioner. It's just a fun mech to play. It isn't as consistent as my other assaults, but when dealing with hordes of lurmers, the MASC+Radar Derp+LPL=Dead lurmers.

I've also been running the Kodiak 2, that mech is a blast to play.

#12 Ruccus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 17 August 2016 - 09:25 AM

I ran my Gargoyles for the weekend; looks like I finished 15th for the mech. My best matches were with simple builds, the first one using the GAR-C left and right arms for the -30% UAC jam chance and 6 energy hardpoints then fitting a UAC20 and 6 ERSLs. It's feast or famine though; if the autocannon doesn't jam it'll wreck things quickly but if it does you're in trouble unless you're fighting a light or underpowered medium mech.

The second build used the GAR-D mech with the GAR-C right arm and the GAR-A left arm then fitted 12 ERSLs (left mouse controlling the left arm and CT lasers and the right mouse button controlling the right arm lasers). Funny enough, my best match with this build came on Alpine of all maps; 1191 damage and 6 kills most damage.

Another build that seemed to work decently, though not really my playing style, was taking the GAR-A right arm for its ERPPC quirks and running two ERPPCs along with some ERSLs. You can go with around four or so ERSLs, or use the GAR-D and fit two ESLs in the CT, then fit a left arm that has armour/structure quirks and use it as a shield. You just use the PPCs to pick away at range, with the small lasers as light mech defense.

Edited by Ruccus, 17 August 2016 - 09:30 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users