Guide

10 replies to this topic

#1 Baradul

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 08:56 AM

I tinkered a little MWO quick tip guide for new players. Check it out if you are a rookie pilot.

Edited by Baradul, 14 August 2016 - 08:56 AM.

#2 Besh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,090 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 August 2016 - 09:24 AM

Nice.

Regarding LRM tubes per Hardpoint, is there a reliable way to tell for any given 'Mech Chassis/Variant, or does one simply have to try out ?

Edited by Besh, 14 August 2016 - 09:25 AM.

#3 Baradul

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 11:16 AM

Checkout smurfys mechlab. Here you can see the hardpoint composition of all Mechs with the tube count for the missile slots.

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/

#4 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 14 August 2016 - 12:25 PM

nice vid. I probably would have your final point first. I can't tell you how many vet pilots do not know about the 60% damage reduction from the hit box transfer mechanic.

Hell, I was once explaining it in game to another player and I was called a liar and a troll for it.

#5 Besh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,090 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 August 2016 - 03:15 PM

View PostBaradul, on 14 August 2016 - 11:16 AM, said:

Checkout smurfys mechlab. Here you can see the hardpoint composition of all Mechs with the tube count for the missile slots.

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/

Great, thx . I do use smurfy's, but did not know yet that it has this Table XD .

#6 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 14 August 2016 - 05:44 PM

#2, Mechbays. You have some incorrect info. Namely, if you merc it up, your only getting the mercs loyalties. (Yes, you stil get mechbays, but not for each faction.) Gotta be a loyalist to get the faction specific ranks.

Yes, otherwise well put. I personally like to point out the need to check weapon ranges for the newest of pilots. Often times a quick check to your range finder will let you know if you should be conserving heat and ammo or if your good to fire.

~Leone.

Edited by Leone, 14 August 2016 - 05:51 PM.

#7 Inner Wolf

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 07:09 PM

View PostBaradul, on 14 August 2016 - 08:56 AM, said:

I tinkered a little MWO quick tip guide for new players. Check it out if you are a rookie pilot.

Thanks for sharing those tips! Nice.

#8 Digital_Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 441 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 07:51 PM

Great vid for new players Molten. You mentioned it briefly, but probably should have specified to the newbies that playing as a Merc for various factions earns points ONLY under the Merc track and not under the individual factions. They have to go loyalist for that, with penalties when they leave. It can still be worth doing rank 2 or 6 in each faction for the free bays though.

Edited by Digital_Angel, 14 August 2016 - 07:52 PM.

#9 Quintus Verus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 184 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 08:20 PM

View PostLeone, on 14 August 2016 - 05:44 PM, said:

#2, Mechbays. You have some incorrect info. Namely, if you merc it up, your only getting the mercs loyalties. (Yes, you stil get mechbays, but not for each faction.) Gotta be a loyalist to get the faction specific ranks.

Yes, otherwise well put. I personally like to point out the need to check weapon ranges for the newest of pilots. Often times a quick check to your range finder will let you know if you should be conserving heat and ammo or if your good to fire.

~Leone.

Leone is correct, you have to go Loyalty Faction to get bays from each faction. Merc has its own list that doesn't give you loyalty credit on 7 day contracts. Besides that, nice tutorial.

Edited by Quintus Verus, 14 August 2016 - 08:20 PM.

#10 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 11:18 PM

I speciallty like the stucture=HP point as it's very unobvious.

It took me many months to figure it out, before that I just like had some omnipods which offered structure quirks and I wondered why I didn't get more "slots" even if I used them, and then I just figured they have some hard max cap so if that portion already has max slots it won't increase. Not that it makes a whole lot of sense but really, it was the best explonation and thus, obviously as I saw no value in those omnipods I didn't use them.

Also the last one I had no idea of, though I rarely am in so good position to farm some weaponless dude. I think I lost one game due to not being able to take out fast enough weaponless Marauder as I think I shot some destroyed part and most of the damage potential was lost. I was shooting at him for close to 2 minutes with 2xC-ER-L and he initially was badly damaged to begin with. I thought it was odd but I think this damage mitigating was the reason.

#11 Hunka Junk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 968 posts
  • LocationDrok's Forge

Posted 15 August 2016 - 07:33 AM

That's great! I didn't know about the missile tubes, and, dep in the midst of Assault Challenge, I started to wonder about that Atlas chest armor.

2 things it took me overly long to figure out:

1) Use backfire to set your weapons to chainfire. Actually I knew that. What nobody explained is that you MUST be in-game in order to do this (correct me if I'm wrong).

2) Your jump jets regain fuel. Some people may be all like "duh", but you get the same message for jump jets as you do when you run out of ammunition, and ammo doesn't replenish itself. About the time I figured this out, I thought "Where can I actually see how much fuel I have?" Once I knew what I was looking for, the little fuel gauge on the dashboard becomes obvious.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users