6 replies to this topic

#1 That Token Canadian Guy

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 83 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Ville

Posted 15 August 2016 - 02:34 PM

The Long Tom is fun yes , how ever it has a cool down that makes it pointless to even try to attack! You can argue that the scouting has to do their job! Which you would be correct! HOWEVER !!!!! The impact the long tom has to begin with is outrageous . Not to mention close a min cool down????? How about maybe 2 times a game! . Would make it feasible to try an attack at least. Having the long tom do 90% of the work is unfair for both attacker and defender. No damage , no cbills.
BTW the purple smoke , does not give any time to run at all . You see it , your dead!

Am i bitching , Hell yes I am , come back after 4 months , get Nuked 4 times by the long tom withing the first 10 min of the game. That weapon is a little too OP when it gets 36/48 kills and game ends within 10-12 min. Or maybe I am wrong!

Lets see some comments and feelings in this manor,

#2 slide

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 15 August 2016 - 03:50 PM

Welcome back!

You are not wrong. Most players have vented their spleens on this issue. Until or unless PGI change (drastically) or remove Long Tom FW will continue to bleed players even more than it does normally.

There is a loose gentleman's agreement to not scout to LT for either side, but no one can enforce it and many pugs wont even know about it anyway.

There is also an end of ceasefire bug which activates on its own in matches that are still running when ceasefire starts.

PGI have taken note at a community meeting, but whether they actually do something is anybodies guess at this time. Russ gave the impression that it was here to stay, but who knows. They are supposed to be doing a follow up report on that meeting in the next 2 weeks or so. Any changes though could still take months.

Edited by slide, 15 August 2016 - 03:52 PM.

#3 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,010 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 15 August 2016 - 04:33 PM

OP you just need to get roll stomped by some good teams a few hundred times and they wont seem so bad

it will be just par for the course

There is a loose gentleman's agreement to not scout to LT for either side, but no one can enforce it and many pugs wont even know about it anyway.

yeah I did not know that, but good luck trying to scout and get it

I had switched over to scouting almost exclusively and never even came close to getting Long Tom
you really need to be with a unit

I would also say the pay-outs for FW is pretty small for a lot of players
yeah big units no big deal they make plenty of money but big units need something to shoot at and PGI is chasing away all the good targets (pugs)

Edited by Davegt27, 15 August 2016 - 04:34 PM.

#4 Count Zero74

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 171 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 04:51 PM

If you jump into a match a few minutes before ceasefire thats what happens, learn to read the clock man. Noone cares about Long Tom outside of some stupid FP events. You want to know why?

Because noone scouts, look at the queues man.

#5 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 15 August 2016 - 05:25 PM

Yeah never jump into a match close to ceasefire, or regret it.

It's better to wait 15mins than get arbitrarily nuked.

#6 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 06:12 AM

Nobody scouts because if anyone does.... then nobody plays.

#7 gloowa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 645 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 06:16 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 16 August 2016 - 06:12 AM, said:

Nobody scouts because if anyone does.... then nobody plays.

It's like the long tom is a PID controller set to "keep population @ 0". Very effective, perfect tuning.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users