159 replies to this topic

#21 Aethermech

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 117 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 12:34 PM

View PostDawnstealer, on 16 August 2016 - 12:26 PM, said:

Glad to see the Cyclops didn't skip legs day.

It's beautiful in a way only lots of bulky metal plates can be. Perfect. :D Can it be next week yet??

#22 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 12:40 PM

The Cyclops in the banner looks like he's taking a dump. The one, intense-staring, eye doesn't help there.

#23 Uncle Totty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 16 August 2016 - 12:53 PM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 16 August 2016 - 10:51 AM, said:

Posted Image

What does the Urbanmech have to do with any of this? Posted Image

#24 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 16 August 2016 - 01:21 PM

Urbancyclops!

Seriously. It does look great. Though.. Wish for the day we can select which of the multiple hardpoints we can place the preferred weapon(s) in without the need to bump up preferred weapon with one we dont really want/ need.

#25 Jaspbo1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 232 posts
  • LocationWoah

Posted 16 August 2016 - 03:37 PM

Head mounted laser hardpoint, where art thou? I mean, as impractical as it would be, a laser eye would be badass. Even if it would damage the cockpit, oh well, Fashionwarrior Online.

#26 -Skyrider-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 157 posts
  • Locationall about that Seattle life

Posted 16 August 2016 - 03:54 PM

Has anyone else noticed that the map in the background of the picture, looks like a updated Crimson Strait? Posted Image

#27 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 05:12 PM

View PostChapeL, on 16 August 2016 - 10:57 AM, said:

It has 2 Ballistics on either side... put MGs below your Gauss and problem solved Posted Image

You can only boost clan gauss in side torsos, IS gauss is 7 slots so you can never have two in one side torso. Try it with the Banshee or the Atlas.

High engine cap is wasted with those side torsos, the mauler is much more XL safe but stuck with tiny engine.

#28 Lizardman from Hollywood

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 135 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 06:41 PM

Too bad those knees will come around a corner about 5 minutes before the rest of the mech. Bubba Gump knees. The more pics I see the more that my dreams of this mech being xl safe die. Too bad we can't use light engines. Those came out way before the variants of the marauder 2c that they are peddling.

#29 MacKJames

• PipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 06:48 PM

View Postironnightbird, on 16 August 2016 - 05:12 PM, said:

You can only boost clan gauss in side torsos, IS gauss is 7 slots so you can never have two in one side torso. Try it with the Banshee or the Atlas.

High engine cap is wasted with those side torsos, the mauler is much more XL safe but stuck with tiny engine.

No he's saying if you put in a MG in each torso they'll sit on the lower ballistic hard point so if you then put in a guass it will raise them into the higher ballistic mount.

That will work but you're then losing 1 ton just to put your guns in a better position. We should be able to manually select which hardpoint to use instead of having to do that crap.

#30 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 16 August 2016 - 09:16 PM

View PostMacKJames, on 16 August 2016 - 06:48 PM, said:

No he's saying if you put in a MG in each torso they'll sit on the lower ballistic hard point so if you then put in a guass it will raise them into the higher ballistic mount.

That will work but you're then losing 1 ton just to put your guns in a better position. We should be able to manually select which hardpoint to use instead of having to do that crap.

Yeah... If we were able to do that, i'd might actually buy the Phoenix hawks, because i could avoid that ridiculous double pistols and have one of the lasers in the vambrace where it's supposed to be.

#31 ChapeL

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 09:29 PM

View Postironnightbird, on 16 August 2016 - 05:12 PM, said:

I didn't mean two Gauss rifles in the same side torso.Slepnir has 4 Ballistics hardpoints, 2 per side torso. Thus you could use a MG to push the Gauss rifle up... that's assuming the weapon won't be hardcoded to go into the lowest slot. ( Not that I would put a 15 ton bomb in the ST of a large target like the Cyclops anyway :D )

#32 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 16 August 2016 - 09:40 PM

View PostMacKJames, on 16 August 2016 - 06:48 PM, said:

View PostChapeL, on 16 August 2016 - 09:29 PM, said:

I didn't mean two Gauss rifles in the same side torso.Slepnir has 4 Ballistics hardpoints, 2 per side torso. Thus you could use a MG to push the Gauss rifle up... that's assuming the weapon won't be hardcoded to go into the lowest slot. ( Not that I would put a 15 ton bomb in the ST of a large target like the Cyclops anyway Posted Image )

You guys missed his point.

Because you can't put two gauss rifles in the ST of an IS mech, PGI only models the ONE. So no matter what other weapon you put in your side torso, the Gauss will go in the first one, and the other smaller weapon will go in the second one. So no, you can't put in a machine gun and prop up the Gauss.

#33 xVLFBERHxT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 698 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 09:47 PM

Come on sad Heavy Metal , face your new 90 ton heromech gaus-overlord. In general, the Highlander has now to bow before the Cyclops, our new 90 ton infowar dakka ubermech Posted ImagePosted Image .

#34 Kshat

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 09:52 PM

View Post-Skyrider-, on 16 August 2016 - 03:54 PM, said:

Has anyone else noticed that the map in the background of the picture, looks like a updated Crimson Strait? Posted Image

It should be in the patchnotes that they "beautified" crimson :)

@weapon placement: didn't they change the behaviour of weapon placement so that it fills weapon slots from top to bottom? So you only utilize the lower weapon slots when using all of them? At least it works with some of my mechs.

#35 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 11:12 PM

View PostJaspbo1, on 16 August 2016 - 03:37 PM, said:

Head mounted laser hardpoint, where art thou? I mean, as impractical as it would be, a laser eye would be badass. Even if it would damage the cockpit, oh well, Fashionwarrior Online.

Actually, in the original lore the cockpit was in the chest, so this could happen?

#36 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 11:14 PM

View PostAudacious Aubergine, on 16 August 2016 - 11:12 PM, said:

Actually, in the original lore the cockpit was in the chest, so this could happen?

No dude... I'm 99,9% sure that in the original lore the cockpit was in the head.

The whole "cockpit in the chest" thing came from Mektek, didn't it?
My memory is garbage

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 16 August 2016 - 11:18 PM.

#37 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 16 August 2016 - 11:30 PM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 16 August 2016 - 11:14 PM, said:

No dude... I'm 99,9% sure that in the original lore the cockpit was in the head.

The whole "cockpit in the chest" thing came from Mektek, didn't it?
My memory is garbage

So where would the "Cockpit" be located on a Quad BattleMech like the Scorpion?

Oh WAIT, we'll never need to know will we! :)

#QUADS... because even in BattleTech, someone has to be left out in the cold on a rainy night... unloved... unwanted... undeveloped!
Posted Image

Edited by Prussian Havoc, 16 August 2016 - 11:31 PM.

#38 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 11:34 PM

View PostPrussian Havoc, on 16 August 2016 - 11:30 PM, said:

So where would the "Cockpit" be located on a Quad BattleMech like the Scorpion?

Probably sitting on top of its left torso (like it usually is with asymmetrical IS battlemechs, like for example: Thunderbolt's cockpit being atop the Left torso, Grasshopper's cockpit being in the left side of the head and Atlas's cockpit being in the left eye. While asymmetrical Clan mechs seem to have their cockpits on the right side, like for example the Summoner/Thor).

But yeah. Can you stop rubbing it in? Posted Image

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 16 August 2016 - 11:34 PM.

#39 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 562 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 August 2016 - 12:26 AM

Damn, I have not even mastered my Riflemen, Archers, Phoenix Hawks and Vipers. Nor the Jenner IIC.

#40 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 01:28 AM

I did cancel my pre-order and I will wait till the Cyclops is available for CBills. Again Alex and the team did a great job with the Mech but sadly in the current state of the game, no way I will give my hard earned money to PGI.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users