Does Mercenary Get Loyality Points?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Duatam

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 135 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 15 August 2016 - 02:28 PM

Do I need to pledge full permanent loyality now to get LP? I have read from somewhere that you could make 7 day contracts and collect loyality points (enough to get that free meachbay) but it seems there's no LP reward when making a 7 day merc contract.

Are there two different ways to make 7 day contract, one as loyalist and one as merc? I don't dare to click on that "Pledge Loyality" since if that is permanent, it costs a lot to break it and I will have to wait another 7 days desertion period without any option to get LP.

I've watched this tutorial for CW but it seems outdated, because I don't have those buttons for 7, 14 and 28 day contracts when I click on one of the houses or clan. I only had option to "pledge loyality".

Edited by Osmobot, 15 August 2016 - 02:42 PM.

#2 slide

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 15 August 2016 - 03:59 PM

Merc only get LP for the Merc LP tree. It is independent of faction and there is no contract LP bonus. You only get what you earn in game now.

It is generally slower to generate LP than it used to be. Also you no longer get bonus LP for running premium time or other boosters. Any medallion boosters (resistance pack etc) only apply to the faction they are for so are useless when playing as a merc.

If you want LP for a specific faction, then you need to go loyalist. This has it's own issues such as a 10 game qualifying period (before you generate LP) and a 25% hit to LP if you leave and join another faction (with another 10 game qualifying period). The days of easy mech bays tours are over.

#3 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,957 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 15 August 2016 - 04:27 PM

Not totally - it just takes a good deal longer. Because you still keep any benefits you earned, you can still take the loyalty point hit and play ten games for the faction cooldown. That might be a bit annoying, but you still get the c-bills, and it is a free 'mech bay. C-bills are pretty good for faction play if you pick your planets right and get into a match (try to attack.) Still, it is a much slower grind on faction points, and much harder to get all those free bays.

The good news is, PGI has been giving 'mech bays away in various fashion since the game started: Sales with MC, loot bag events, etc. You should expect to buy a few ($7 US will get you enough for several,) and gain enough through events thereafter - I have a bunch of extra bays and haven't bought one in years.

PS (Does anyone remember if you can use Scouting to clear the 10 match cooldown period? I'm in a merc unit, so I've never done the faction hop."

#4 slide

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 15 August 2016 - 08:52 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 15 August 2016 - 04:27 PM, said:

PS (Does anyone remember if you can use Scouting to clear the 10 match cooldown period? I'm in a merc unit, so I've never done the faction hop."

Only ever been merc since the last reset, but I have been told that scout matches count.

Certainly mech bay tours can be done, but it is a lot harder now. It used to take me about a week, 2 at most to get to level 6 in a faction which is 2 mech bays. I should imagine it's more like a month now. (depending on how many matches you can get and how much you play)

#5 Duatam

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 135 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 16 August 2016 - 09:28 AM

Thanks for the replays. I guess I'll just farm the 1 free mechbay from mercenary points and forget CW until there's more activity.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users