More Fp Environments

No replies to this topic

#1 Vasili Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 03:57 AM

As a new player, and a Battletech fan for 20+ years, I'm vastly disappointed at the state of Faction Play. All factions but the JFs are inactive and I've tried playing in IS pugs - almost always as defence against JF - rarely GB - just to suffer a humiliating stomp. I see no reason to put any effort in mastering 'mechs in order to build a drop deck and compete in this broken thing. I'm thinking of just going JF, building a drop deck from trial 'mechs and see if there's room for pick-ups in their premades, just to farm some RPs.

There's no epic feel in faction warfare, just disappointment. Why respect a system that has no respect for me?

That's my rant. I'm not here to offer solutions for this pathetic thing that FP is. There are more experienced players with better suggestions than me. I want to propose the implementation of more environments as a way to avoid the Clan-laser-vomit killing you from 1 klik away and as a way to spark interest in all factions and make leveling faction rank viable, outside JF.

I'd like to see an environment in the pre-clan invasion IS, perhaps during the War of 3039. IS 'mechs only with 3025 tech. Perhaps, since that war saw the deployment of a few units with experimental tech, one 'mech in the drop deck will be allowed 3050 tech.

A third environment will be clan vs clan, perhaps set in 3048 during the Revival Trials. Let them duke it out with Kodiaks and lasers at 1 kilometer with each other. At least there will be parity.

It's not really a solution for FP but it offers many advantages. It will spark interest in all factions and make them viable. It will allow new players an easier time in competitive play and allow them to jump in earlier - in the 3039 environment - and work towards higher-tech and 'mech FP. Guys who are disgusted with the present state of FP will have an alternative to getting stomped by Clan laser boats and still play their favourite faction.

As far as PGI is concerned, my proposal has minimal cost and implementation time. Everything is already there. Just add more server space, copy the environment, perform some tweaks and you're set. Cycle through the environments each week and give goodies - perhaps bonus points - as an added incentive to become competitive in all of them.
Easy and cheap for PGI and great for all players. I see it as a win-win situation for all concerned.

Edited by Vasili Kerensky, 17 August 2016 - 03:58 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users