Question about August 7

17 replies to this topic

#1 Dorion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:36 PM

Hello Folks,

This may have been mentioned already and I may have missed it so please forgive my ignorance.

It is my understanding that Founders get to enter the game on August 7. Two questions:

1. I assume the game is still in Beta on August 7, correct?

2. I love mechwarrior, but I'm not interested in playing the game until full release to the public as I'm not interested in testing the game. Will all my founders privilages be in-tact if I wait until then or will they be diminished because I waited until sometime after August 7 to join the game? It may be a stupid question, but I'd rather hear the answer and be certiain than remain in the dark.

Thanks for your help!

Dorion

#2 Mikelius

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:37 PM

1. Yes
2. There is no official word yet

#3 Astaroth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:48 PM

Actually, we do have a partial answer to #2.

The last thing we were told was that the game would still be considered "beta" until sometime after August 7. However, we've also been told that Founder perks will reset every time they reset the beta and again one final time when the game is in its full release state. So, yes, you could wait to start playing until after August 7, and all of the stuff you paid for will be there for you.

#4 Remarius

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 820 posts
  • LocationBrighton, England

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:50 PM

Only benefit on 7th August is that all founders get in. We know there'll be a final reset at some point and from then yes you're obviously losing out if you don't participate as you'll not be accumulating credits/xp. That said only Piranha know when that is so atm you can totally ignore it if you desire. That said a pilot that starts a month before you will be more skilled/experienced in piloting whatever they've been using! ;)

#5 Major Tom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationIncomming!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:51 PM

This should have your answer.

Basically we are in Closed Beta.
August 7th is the start of Early Access (still Closed Beta) -NOTE if you are under 18 you do not get in yet, it is NDA restricted
sometime (undisclosed) the game enters Open Beta
eventually the game will see a Full Release

As a Founder your resources will be reset at various intervals throughout Closed beta (including early access).
When Open Beta starts your resources are reset for the last time and your premium membership starts ticking (and will likely expire before the Full Release date)

#6 Wildcat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,265 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:51 PM

View PostDorion, on 18 July 2012 - 12:36 PM, said:

Hello Folks,

This may have been mentioned already and I may have missed it so please forgive my ignorance.

It is my understanding that Founders get to enter the game on August 7. Two questions:

1. I assume the game is still in Beta on August 7, correct?

2. I love mechwarrior, but I'm not interested in playing the game until full release to the public as I'm not interested in testing the game. Will all my founders privilages be in-tact if I wait until then or will they be diminished because I waited until sometime after August 7 to join the game? It may be a stupid question, but I'd rather hear the answer and be certiain than remain in the dark.

Thanks for your help!

Dorion

something else you should know about the Founders entering the CBT on Aug 7th... There will be NO more Wipes of the database, it will be a headstart for us... then will will merge into open beta and then Release of the game

No word yet for those that want to hold off on the Premium Free time, Devs have said they will be looking into it

View PostMajor Tom, on 18 July 2012 - 12:51 PM, said:

This should have your answer.

Basically we are in Closed Beta.
August 7th is the start of Early Access (still Closed Beta) -NOTE if you are under 18 you do not get in yet, it is NDA restricted
sometime (undisclosed) the game enters Open Beta
eventually the game will see a Full Release

As a Founder your resources will be reset at various intervals throughout Closed beta (including early access).
When Open Beta starts your resources are reset for the last time and your premium membership starts ticking (and will likely expire before the Full Release date)

Wrong, there will be NO WIPES after Aug 7th, will get to keep everything

And its possible there will be NO NDA after Aug 7th, since everyone with a founders Tag will be in CBT... or atleast Lift some NDA restrictions... we dont know yet

Edited by Wildcat, 18 July 2012 - 12:56 PM.

#7 Major Tom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationIncomming!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:05 PM

View PostWildcat, on 18 July 2012 - 12:51 PM, said:

something else you should know about the Founders entering the CBT on Aug 7th... There will be NO more Wipes of the database, it will be a headstart for us... then will will merge into open beta and then Release of the game

No word yet for those that want to hold off on the Premium Free time, Devs have said they will be looking into it

And its possible there will be NO NDA after Aug 7th, since everyone with a founders Tag will be in CBT... or atleast Lift some NDA restrictions... we dont know yet

I actually included a citation in my post where a Dev states exactly the opposite.
You can independantly verify in the stickies pinned at the top of the forum.

#8 Wildcat

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,265 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:11 PM

View PostMajor Tom, on 18 July 2012 - 01:05 PM, said:

I actually included a citation in my post where a Dev states exactly the opposite.

No clue where it said, but was from one the Devs

the Devs never update the old info, so a lot of what was said early June has changed at around late June

#9 FactorlanP

• 1,574 posts
  • LocationMy Wallet is closed until I see real progress.

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:17 PM

I'm actually hoping that the poster above is correct that the Founders perks will reset everytime there is a wipe.

I've always thought that it was odd for the Devs to say that there would be no wipes after a specific date. It's really not possible for them to predict that everything will be done and stable and in a "No more Wipes" state by the 7th. If they have backed off of that and are now allowing for the possiblility for wipes after the 7th, I think we can all be comforted that they are thinking well ahead and are planning for a multitude of possibilities.

#10 Wildcat

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,265 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:30 PM

View PostFactorlanP, on 18 July 2012 - 01:17 PM, said:

I'm actually hoping that the poster above is correct that the Founders perks will reset everytime there is a wipe.

I've always thought that it was odd for the Devs to say that there would be no wipes after a specific date. It's really not possible for them to predict that everything will be done and stable and in a "No more Wipes" state by the 7th. If they have backed off of that and are now allowing for the possiblility for wipes after the 7th, I think we can all be comforted that they are thinking well ahead and are planning for a multitude of possibilities.

The Devs will be giving Founders access to the founder Perks on Aug 7th

It is possible that Aug 7th will be close to the end of the CBT Phase 2, may only last 1 week or less then CBT will merge into Open Beta, the Devs will be dumping new content into OB, and will get the OB phase close as possible to the final product for release...

Like I said all the info they have written Early June has changed by the end of that month without any updates on those pages....

#11 WardenWolf

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:36 PM

View PostWildcat, on 18 July 2012 - 12:51 PM, said:

View PostMajor Tom, on 18 July 2012 - 01:05 PM, said:

The Devs - Russ, specifically - originally stated that there would be no more wipes after Founders injection on the 7th. However, since then Brian has confirmed updated info indicated that there *will* be periodic wipes after Founders up until Open Beta. I know this is conflicting, but I assume the more recent info is more accurate.

#12 KuroNyra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:37 PM

Just a question. I'm going on hollyday for a month the 27 jully, so I will miss the release of MW:O

If I don't play a lot of time at MW:O. Will my account being "reset" and I lost everything EVEN FOUNDER'S MECH?

#13 WardenWolf

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:42 PM

Quotes, for those who will inevitably ask (what, you can't trust me after 500+ posts?):

Russ: http://mwomercs.com/...921#entry258921

Note that was from earlier then July 17th was to be the Founders date - it has been pushed back (obviously) to August 7th.

Bryan: http://mwomercs.com/...333#entry564333

Which is affirmation of a post earlier in the same thread: http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/21625-founders-and-beta-not-a-whine-thread/page__view__findpost__p__556933

See the third item down under the Founders section.

*Edited to fix third link*

Edited by WardenWolf, 18 July 2012 - 01:52 PM.

#14 Wildcat

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,265 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:42 PM

View PostWardenWolf, on 18 July 2012 - 01:36 PM, said:

The Devs - Russ, specifically - originally stated that there would be no more wipes after Founders injection on the 7th. However, since then Brian has confirmed updated info indicated that there *will* be periodic wipes after Founders up until Open Beta. I know this is conflicting, but I assume the more recent info is more accurate.

When and where has this been said ? I have not seen any updates about this anywhere... and this is just adding to the confusion now and is not helping their Sales..... the Devs need an OFFICIAL statement about what is going to happen at Aug 7th... AGAIN....

Last I heard was Russ telling us there will be no wipes at Aug 7th, and hes at the helm

#15 WardenWolf

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:44 PM

View PostKuroNyra, on 18 July 2012 - 01:37 PM, said:

Just a question. I'm going on hollyday for a month the 27 jully, so I will miss the release of MW:O

If I don't play a lot of time at MW:O. Will my account being "reset" and I lost everything EVEN FOUNDER'S MECH?

No, you will never loose your founders mechs ;)

View PostWildcat, on 18 July 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:

When and where has this been said ? I have not seen any updates about this anywhere... and this is just adding to the confusion now and is not helping their Sales..... the Devs need an OFFICIAL statement about what is going to happen at Aug 7th... AGAIN....

Last I heard was Russ telling us there will be no wipes at Aug 7th, and hes at the helm

Just answered that - look up B)

#16 KuroNyra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:45 PM

View PostWardenWolf, on 18 July 2012 - 01:44 PM, said:

UIiiffff....

Thank's! B)

#17 Uri Brauer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • LocationBristol, UK

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:04 PM

That sounds more realistic, to be honest. Thanks for tracking this stuff, guys.

#18 Wildcat

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,265 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:04 PM

View PostWardenWolf, on 18 July 2012 - 01:44 PM, said:

Just answered that - look up B)

I do not see an official answer... I see Rewards will be reset but nothing about the database wipe from the Devs mouth... apart from the statement from Russ

View PostRuss Bullock, on 22 May 2012 - 11:00 AM, said:

The only thing I can state for sure at this point is that from July 17th onward there will no longer be any data wiping.

and by Jul 17th he now means Aug 7th... due to the push back

Edited by Wildcat, 18 July 2012 - 02:10 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users