Why Is This Not The Standerd Heat Scale System?!?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Azeem447

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 06:04 PM

I haven't actually tried this out yet on the test server but I hope to this weekend. that being said this is Exactly like the heat system in battletech, with ONE HUGH difference. the "Energy draw", is actually your "Heat Efficiency".

In battletech your Heat Efficiency was based on how much you could do before risking over heating. For some simple numbers: if you have 10 single heat sinks your mech would be able to generate 10 heat with out ANY risk of overheating.

To put this in another example: Take a Spyder mech with 2 medium lasers, 8 jump jets, and 10 single heat sinks. the medium lasers generate 3 heat each and the jump jets generate one heat each. simple math says that this mech will generate 14 heat IF it uses everything in one turn. that means that 4 heat go into the overheat system and give it a risk of shutting down sooner if it dose not watch its heat scale.

The "Energy Draw" system is KINDA doing ALMOST the same thing. HOWEVER as I understand it right now, this Energy Draw system is a Fixed number For ALL mechs no matter their heat sinks.

I personally LOVE this idea BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It needs to be based off of how many heat sinks you have on your mech. NOT a blanket number for all mechs, or even for each weight class.

The "Energy Draw" should be based Souly on how many and what kind of heat sinks you have.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!! Hear me on this PGI! this can really be a good thing but PLEASE change it so that it uses the heat sinks as the base line.

#2 LTDominator

• PipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • 80 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:14 PM

pgi used a different system to lower the killspeed, now they try to introduce that "original" system to lower the kill... wait what?
whats wrong here??

test that **** first before you tell how to improve it, this is not the tabletop game oO

Edited by LTDominator, 19 August 2016 - 08:18 PM.

#3 Signal27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:19 PM

View PostAzeem447, on 19 August 2016 - 06:04 PM, said:

I haven't actually tried this out yet on the test server but I hope to this weekend.

Let us know what you think when you do.

#4 ScarecrowES

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,812 posts
  • LocationDefending the Cordon, Arc-Royal

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:21 PM

I haven't actually tried this out yet on the test server but I hope to this weekend. that being said this is Exactly like the heat system in battletech, with ONE HUGH difference. the "Energy draw", is actually your "Heat Efficiency".

In battletech your Heat Efficiency was based on how much you could do before risking over heating. For some simple numbers: if you have 10 single heat sinks your mech would be able to generate 10 heat with out ANY risk of overheating.

To put this in another example: Take a Spyder mech with 2 medium lasers, 8 jump jets, and 10 single heat sinks. the medium lasers generate 3 heat each and the jump jets generate one heat each. simple math says that this mech will generate 14 heat IF it uses everything in one turn. that means that 4 heat go into the overheat system and give it a risk of shutting down sooner if it dose not watch its heat scale.

The "Energy Draw" system is KINDA doing ALMOST the same thing. HOWEVER as I understand it right now, this Energy Draw system is a Fixed number For ALL mechs no matter their heat sinks.

I personally LOVE this idea BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It needs to be based off of how many heat sinks you have on your mech. NOT a blanket number for all mechs, or even for each weight class.

The "Energy Draw" should be based Souly on how many and what kind of heat sinks you have.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!! Hear me on this PGI! this can really be a good thing but PLEASE change it so that it uses the heat sinks as the base line.

You won't find any parallels between what PGI has instituted and what you're thinking.

#5 Azeem447

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 10:24 AM

Okay so now I have tried this new system out on the test server and.... I repeat everything I already said!

View PostScarecrowES, on 19 August 2016 - 08:21 PM, said:

You won't find any parallels between what PGI has instituted and what you're thinking.

Actually what I said is almost exactly what this new energy draw is doing. so why not just use the original heat system from battletech. the only reall change would be the energy draw is based on how many heat sinks you have. the only other chage would be no over heat until the energy draw has been depleted.

View PostLTDominator, on 19 August 2016 - 08:14 PM, said:

pgi used a different system to lower the killspeed, now they try to introduce that "original" system to lower the kill... wait what?
whats wrong here??

test that **** first before you tell how to improve it, this is not the tabletop game oO

I'm afraid I don't understand how or what your mocking me on with this.

1st: "pgi used a different system to lower the killspeed, now they try to introduce that "original" system to lower the kill..." Then why did they change it in the first place when the original not only would have worked, but would have work better.

2nd: "what's wrong here?" Honestly the only thing wrong here is why not just change the energy draw to draw from your available heat sinks? its not that big of a change and they now have the system in place to use it.

3rd: "this is not the table top game oO" First, look at the top left hand corner of the website, right under "MechWarrior Online". IT SAYS "A BATTLETECH GAME"!!!!! this is supposed to be based off the table top! This is the most common HALFASSED call of duty FANBOY ****, that has been leading to so many problems with this game and driving it further and further from its origins!

this Energy draw system only needs to be tweaked just a little bit to be Exactly like the table top game. HOW IS THAT A BAD THING?!?! WHY WOULD THAT NOT BE OKAY TO CHANGE?!?!

I don't dislike this system, I just don't see why it cant be tweaked to be more like battletech.

Edited by Azeem447, 20 August 2016 - 10:24 AM.

#6 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 10:56 AM

this whole energy draw + heat system is asinine

they shouldve just fixed the heat system

there should only be one draw system: heat

#7 Azeem447

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 12:25 PM

View PostKhobai, on 20 August 2016 - 10:56 AM, said:

this whole energy draw + heat system is asinine

they shouldve just fixed the heat system

there should only be one draw system: heat

that's the funny thing with the energy draw system. Its only half a step from the heat draw system.

just change the word "energy" to "heat" and problem solved.

#8 burning wisky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 106 posts
  • LocationHannover Germany

Posted 05 September 2016 - 04:10 PM

here is a video, you can see the heatsystem, how it has to work and how it works now.

http://youtu.be/tnXnNVmJjYQ

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users