Just Some Ideas

No replies to this topic

#1 The Willy Wonka Of Death

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 01:04 AM

Not sure if any of these ideas have been brought up before or not, but yea...

Weapon vs Mech Size Balancing:

- I think, instead of the recent Heat Draw System, implementing a Weapon Damage & Range system based on mech size would be a more basic way of dealing with the firepower issues.

For example:
-- Assault ER-PPC Damage would be 10, Maximum Range would be 1,620
--- Heavy ER-PPC Damage - 9, Maximum Range - 1,550
-- Medium ER-PPC Damage - 7, Maxium Range - 1,310
--- Light ER-PPC Damage - 5, Maximum Range - 1,200

Not sure if the theory is clear enough or not, but more or less the smaller the engine (power generator) the smaller the 'umph' you get. The bigger the engine the more maximized the 'umph' you would get.

I feel this would help maximize the efforts of all mechs, and make things a little more in tune with the job specifications each class would generally have. Personally, I love my light mechs, but even I feel I shouldn't be, and pardon the way i word this, beating the ever loving Christ out of Assaults & Heavies.

Armor & Modules

- I can't help but miss the old armor options we used to know and love, such as the Reflective and Reactive Armors. I think implementing these would bring a whole new meta to the game, forcing players to try and work outside of their comfort zones of having pure builds like, Laser Boats, or Ballistic Monsters. And even if people were to stick to them, there would be a higher need for communication to focus attacks where the Load-Out Styles would be best optimized for the fight.

- As far as Modules go, I feel we should be given more Module Slots, there are so many good 'Mod' options available, but are uncommonly or completely ignored simply because of the lack of space and demands various mech pilots require. Besides, those mods aren't exactly cheap.

- Also, noting on armor, but in a different way. I think armor points shouldn't be limited to a maximum. Instead for example if you have an Assault Mech, 100 tonnes, and you load it out with 75 tons of equipment any amount of armor in any location of the mech should be available to be applied.
-- So for a more specified example of this, lets say, you are working on an AS7-S:

~~Head: Armor 0 / AC/20 Ammo
~~CT: Armor 0 / Medium Laser x2 / STD 260
~~RT: Armor 0 / AC/20 / Case / AC/20 Ammo
~~LT: Armor 0 / SRM 6 x4 / Case / SRM Ammo x3
~~RA: Armor 0 / Medium Laser
~~LA: Armor 0 / Medium Laser / AMS
~~RL: Armor 0 / AC/20 Ammo x2
~~LL: Armor 0 / AMS Ammo x2

All equipment would put you at 70 tonnes.
With the current Armor System you would have 85.4 tonnes.
If this system were implement the Atlas would be able to utilize all available space by adding on additional armor. This could be said for any and all mechs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users