My Observations And Some Suggestions (No Eye Deer...)

2 replies to this topic

#1 tangles 253

• PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 03:39 AM

G'day, how are we?

I apologize if ive glossed over anything in the pts notes and have proceeded to jibber jabber on about stuff already outlined.

I mostly like the initial rendition, it'd certainly be more understandable than some of the more interesting ghost heat numbers)

the power meter is very quick on its up and down passes, not sure what a good fix would be, or if it is even a thing. because if you double the power and reduce the replenish rate the big alphas are unleashed once again.

not sure if making the bigger engines be able to give more power... or maybe recharge at a faster rate. i do significantly dislike the arctic cheetah/fire starter laser boats, but having a 375 motor in a madcat and a 300 in a catapult with both only 30 energy to play with just doesn't seem to make sense, not that it has too mind you.

the uac's seem to not like firing and jam more frequently, especially when you are near max draw. maybe the weapon shouldn't jam if it doesn't fire?

not sure about the override shutdown disabling weapons not firing above 30 power threshold. no idea why but it seems off (or im stuck in my dislike to new things haha) its a bit confusing having weapons not fire mid firefight even though im nowhere near heat limits though (again, new feature, adapting to new things)

the penalties for going over max available power should ramp up significantly. but not to be used as an easy suicide/kill denial- go over x amount and your mech doesn't fire the weapons over the power limit but induces an emergency shut down , 2x time required to re-boot systems maybe?

it would be good if jumpjets had an energy requirement based on JJ size/level/number used. this could be made to re-work JJs back a little back to their former thrust, but they would have to draw a fair amount to inhibit the rise of jump-sniping-pinpoint-high-alpha-tactics

upon firing a weapon (catapult srm's for eg) the power draw and heat penalty is taken before the actual weapon is fired (after the bay doors open allowing the srms to fire). this means the heat triggered by the power cap has time to dissapate before the heat from the actual weapon fire heat is applied. i could be seeing that one wrong, it all happens so fast haha.

the shadows the catapults doors cast when open aren't attached to the rest of the cats shadow, they stay static while the rest bobs in sync with the walking animation. also, the bay doors open up to a vertical position, whereas they used to open up to a horizontal position.

Thanks for your time
Tangles

#2 tangles 253

• PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 03:44 AM

maybe make the power draw meter instead of a bar that is full to the top and goes down upon use, make it sit at the bottom and go up to match the heat meter that its next to.

because you have one bar going down while the one next to it goes up, visually it *may* be easier to keep track of if they both moved the same direction, and when the power draw gets to the top put the warning on the top or better yet, get rid of the warning icons and make the bars flash when over the limits

Edited by tangles 253, 19 August 2016 - 03:51 AM.

#3 tangles 253

• PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 04:07 AM

unless ive got my wires crossed and the motors contain the reactor sufficient to get the engine to required rating plus a 30 power left over across the board.
or is it the reactors are chassis specific and tied to the chassis, the engine being a separate component takes power from the core meaning higher rated engines draw more power from the core specific to the chassis/mech variant.

so small mechs have small reactors and have less left-over power after powering the engine for all your miserable little small pulse lasers to fire. while an assault mech with bigger core, and thus more power to give to bigger motors and more and guns.

i am rambling aren't i

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users