2 replies to this topic

#1 Yellonet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 19 August 2016 - 06:58 AM

...if we get higher DPS by having 30 point or lower alpha than if we have a higher alpha than 30.
As the current PTS allows for larger alphas than before I wonder.

The idea seems to be that players that keep energy draw under control by not using high alpha will win the DPS race. But given that large alphas are still, or even more, possible, will the low alpha players be alive to use this advantage?

#2 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 19 August 2016 - 07:58 AM

View PostYellonet, on 19 August 2016 - 06:58 AM, said:

...if we get higher DPS by having 30 point or lower alpha than if we have a higher alpha than 30.
As the current PTS allows for larger alphas than before I wonder.

The idea seems to be that players that keep energy draw under control by not using high alpha will win the DPS race. But given that large alphas are still, or even more, possible, will the low alpha players be alive to use this advantage?

No, they wont, especially when in a 12v12 environment. I think the penalties are a little low right now. Quirks will obviously need to be changed/removed as well.

Edited by Bilbo, 19 August 2016 - 07:59 AM.

#3 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:02 AM

We probably should.

But to be honest, I'm just playing around with this PTS. I can't really muster the energy to do systematic research and find all the loopholes and the best min-maxed builds. Because PGI still isn't interacting with anyone, as far as I can tell. I haven't seen anyone from PGI post anything in this PTS forum. And we're still not getting any rewards for participating and posting either.

To the people who have the time to do systematic reseach, godspeed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users