Little Tweaks On Information Gathering/sharing

No replies to this topic

#1 Thor Sten

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • 134 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 10:54 AM

1) Make scouting more challenging & rewarding. Running with a ECM-light to the enemy and hitting R a lot of times nets you some nice Cbills and XP, and gives the team a general idea where the enemy is, but doesn't really help on the long run.

Lessen the inital reward for locking an enemy first, give more rewards for actually locking him, until the information about model and loadout are gathered. This should encourage the scouts to actually lock the enemy for a longer time, which can be quite challenging, if the enemy moves.

To make it more rewarding, give a little reward over time (let's say 100 CBills for every 5 uninterrupted seconds of lock), allowing the LRM-Boats to lock and more challenging for the scout to keep the mech in his FOV uinterrupted. Bonus points if the scout isn't locked or attacked himself during this time (OK, ECM is easymode, for this).

2) Let's see what the others bring to the table.
At the beginning of the match, and when hitting tab to see the team status, please give the option to see a little bit of the loadout of the other team players. Say a little "mouse over" effect, that informs about, how fast the teammates' mechs are and what weapons are equipped. This allows for a little bit of planning (anyone brought LRM so locking is essential?).

3) Let's see what the scouts gathered
Once a scout has gathered info, knows the mechtype and so on, let's see the enemies' mech chassis and loadout be seen under team-status, like in 2)

4) Make scouting have a bigger impact on matchscore (and thus Tier/PSR). From my experience as a scout, matchscore is mostly affected by damage. I can have something like 10 scoutings and 10 LRM-Locks (which is quite hard and depends on teammates actually using my lock) and I feel like I get 100 points in Matchscore for this. my feeble damage-output alone usually gives me something along the lines of 200 Points. I don't feel scouting is rewarded by the game...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users