This Method Of Gathering Feedback

1 reply to this topic

#1 smokytehbear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • LocationThe Heat Lab

Posted 19 August 2016 - 01:56 PM

Having people try this out and then post their opinions in a forum freely is like walking into a mall with a political questionnairre and expecting to come out with an accurate cross-section of everyone's beliefs. (Dumb, in other words)

Some of your paying customers don't post on the forums. Some don't post in every thread, and some have tens of thousands of posts. How are we differentiating here? With who's the loudest?

Do we even know what we want? I'd wager know. If you ask 15 different players of this game whether they want TTK to go up or down, convergence to be pinpoint, LRMs to be nerfed or buffed, boating to be penalized harder or less, hardpoints to be more restrictive or not, and preferred ranges of engagement, I'm betting you'd get 15 different answers with many of them being contradictory.

Boiling that down to "Hey, shout your opinion here, and don't forget to argue with other people you disagree with" is pretty stupid. Pretty much every beta I've ever participated in had some form of prewritten exit questionnaire you were given to fill out. Why not do something like this rather than sifting through freeposting and inherently exposing yourself to a huge dose of biases?

#2 Signal27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 01:59 PM

This forum (and other forms of social media) aren't PGI's sole source of feedback. Their servers collect hard data for them to use. I would imagine that among the data collected is which mechs are people dropping with, and what their loadout is, so that hopefully if a particular mech loadout is getting exploited it shows up in their data disproportionately.

Edited by Signal27, 19 August 2016 - 02:00 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users