Heat Spike Bug

3 replies to this topic

#1 Jack Shayu Walker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:40 PM

I'm noticing that large laser alpha strikes are playing hell on the power draw system. Seems to have something to do with part of the system being server side because it never occurs in the testing grounds.

Issue basically boils down to whenever I fire a large laser alpha (5x cERML, 6x cERSL) the heat will rise sharply but steadily (behaving normally) then suddenly about halfway through the burn I'll sometimes get a sudden 20% heat spike. It's almost like Ghost Heat's trying to rise from the grave, and it says "OH MY GOD YOU CAN'T DO THAT!" and slaps my wrist.

It's frustrating most of all because it's inconsistent. Will try to replicate on video.

#2 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:43 PM

Sounds like a gnarly lag related bug.

If you fire too much, you should get an instant spike from Energy Draw then heat should rise gradually as normal, because ED doesn't increase the heat of the weapons directly, it just adds a front loaded lump based on damage fired right at the moment you pull the trigger.

If it's happening mid burn, that definitely sounds like a lag issue.

5 ERML 5 ERSL is a hell of a spike, even with ED.

#3 Jack Shayu Walker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:59 PM

This just in, I generate more alpha heat on Mining Collective than on Tourmaline Desert! WTH!?

Edited by Jack Shayu Walker, 19 August 2016 - 08:59 PM.

#4 Chuck Jager

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 11:28 PM

I have had different results in window full screen than in pure windowed. Especially with jams.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users