Is It Worth To Buy Kodiak Now?

10 replies to this topic

#1 Fredpunk

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 06:37 PM

I ask this because I really hate to grind cbills to buy only 1 mech and the 6 million modules for each, and running low on mechbays too. I missed out on the early adopters bonus period since I didn't play this game at that time.

From what I have seen in game I like this mech but hard to decide to go in with real money or grind out the cbills for weeks...

#2 John1352

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationConnecting....

Posted 19 August 2016 - 07:14 PM

The kodiak isn't as good as it was when released, and it is likely to be getting another nerf after it outscored the other assaults in the leaderboard event.

Unless it gets negative ballistic quirks, the KDK-3 is not going to lose its spot as the best assault mech. 4 high mounted ballistic hardpoints and 4 energy isn't something that can (usually) be nerfed.

#3 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 07:30 PM

I had to look when you said buy them. They are only for sale for MC not C-Bills.

But, you can buy the packs of them. $20.00 get you the KDK-1, KDK-2(It has jump jets) and the much loved KDK3 Dakka Bear. PLUS, 3 mech bays and 30 days of banked Premium Time. The Mech bays cost 300 MC each and a month of Premium Time cost $12.00 so this is a good deal. In fact, I bought it twice. It being "Banked" Premium Time means that you can start it when you want to.

For another $20 you can get those three and a "special" version of the KDK-1 which gives you a +30 C-Bills when you play. It also comes with another 30 days banked Premium Time.

Then there is the Spirit Bear. The KDK-SB. The thing that makes it special besides the +30 C-Bills bonus is that it has MASC. It can do burst up to 90KPH.

The reinforcements? I have not seen a KDK-4 or KDK-5 in a while. But they are another $20 and come with mech bays.

I think about doing more it but a few guys who write/make videos etc about making as much C-Bills as you can say to almost always, use the +30 C-Bills ones.

I say, spend the $20 to get the 3 nice Assault Mechs and their mech bays and the 30 days of Premium Time. At the end of that 30 days, you will have a lot of C-Bills, lol.

https://mwomercs.com/kodiak

Edited by LikeUntoGod, 19 August 2016 - 07:33 PM.

#4 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• 1,187 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 07:39 PM

Well since you didnt pre-order it, you have to ask your self... How badly do you want it?

Do you want it so badly that you are willing to pay cash for it now? Or can you wait a bit for when they can be purchased with c-bills?

The mech is good, no doubt about that... Well at least a couple varients are... But your missing out on a lot of pre-order bonuses, so its really a time issue. Especially since power draw system can totally change how well each mech performs. Whats good now might not be good later.

Anyway, look at how passionate you are about the mech. And see if its worth an impuse buy; and if its not, then walk away and spend that cash elsewhere- maybe a mech pack with early adopter rewards still active

#5 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 07:55 PM

Honestly, having the early adopter stuff is nice, but if you want three 100 ton Assaults Mechs who can do 68KPH PLUS 3 Mech Bays which cost real money and the 30 days of Premium Time which I now know is worth it, then get it. 30 days of Premium Time works out to $12.00.

I did the preorder. And had to freaking wait 3 months for them which always pisses me off.

You not only get them....NOW. But you will easily make up the C-Bills and GXP to buy anything that was in the early adopter deal.

P.S. If you do not know, Premium Time gives you a +50% boost to C-Bills and XP when you play. This is a big boost for your wallet (C-Bills) and mech XP and GXP. It really helps when you are "grinding".

Edited by LikeUntoGod, 19 August 2016 - 08:01 PM.

#6 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:14 PM

Kdk1: meh
Kdk2: not bad
Kdk3: You should know the answer
Kdk4: garbage
Kdk5: garbage
Spirit Bear: Atlas on steroids

20 dollars for the base pack alone is a good, and Spirit Bear is easily worth the 15 dollar upgrade. Skip the collectors pack and reinforcements.

#7 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 20 August 2016 - 03:23 AM

View PostJohn1352, on 19 August 2016 - 07:14 PM, said:

The kodiak isn't as good as it was when released, and it is likely to be getting another nerf after it outscored the other assaults in the leaderboard event.

Unless it gets negative ballistic quirks, the KDK-3 is not going to lose its spot as the best assault mech. 4 high mounted ballistic hardpoints and 4 energy isn't something that can (usually) be nerfed.

Wait until the new energy draw system, UAC's so far are taking the brunt of the beating... So yeah. I'd wait for now for any mech purchase.

#8 Hunka Junk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 968 posts
  • LocationDrok's Forge

Posted 20 August 2016 - 11:14 AM

I asked myself this same question about 2 months ago.

The answer is yes.

I hated assaults until I got to play the Kodiak. Now, they've grown on me.

The Kodiak purchase was the second most satisfying purchase I've made.

The first was the marauder trio.

#9 Ibrandul Mike

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 07:30 PM

You don't want to buy it for MC, that's for sure. Way too expansive. If you want it now, get it for Dollars.

If you are unsure because of the energy draw system... there are no dates when it will come. The PTS is there but it might take a while. Who knows? You might enjoy the mech a while longer in the current form. Or it might be nerved, because it is that good at the moment. Primary target yes... but it has quite a punch.

But let's say you buy it... Standard of course. Hero Add-on might be worth it for you or not... Collector... yeah I have it and sold the normal KDK 1, kept the C-Bill bonus version. Is it worth it? I like the KDK 1 but it is not nearly as good as most other variants. So the decision might be more like "Do I need the collector pack for the costumer appretiation program?". If so it might not be a bad idea. If not... Standard + perhaps Hero Add-on might make more sense for you.

#10 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 07:57 AM

dollar for cbills, the Kodiak is the best $20 pack deal. even without the early adopter bonuses.

the KDK3 is the best current Assault. and the rest can do pretty crazy stuff.

just bear in mind, all that would probably change if the energy draw system is implemented

#11 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,063 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 22 August 2016 - 06:45 PM

yes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users