- - - - -

Disconnected From Game Server-> Penalty System?

11 replies to this topic

#1 Rerednaw

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 08:48 AM

Okay so I've started playing again (and thanks for folks for the advice in my other thread.)

Founder coming back. Did a full clean install, reset my internet connection (router and modem, called the ISP to do a rack reset) new drivers.

I only have a 50 meg connection with about 80ms lag. Not the best but I don't have this issue with any other of my games. And I play many online FPS as well where connection stability is life.

"Disconnected from Game Server."

Only about 20% of the Quick Matches I try go through, the rest of the time I have to reconnect / rejoin over and over.

Well apparently to add insult to injury, I've triggered some penalty for "quitting or team killing" well team killing is impossible, unless someone hijacked my mech. As for quitting, I don't quit (longtime World of Tanks player) I'm being disconnected by MWO. Not sure why after the game kicks me off it won't even let me try to play this game.

So...game won't let me play now....how do I play?

Any help welcome!

(I've already sent a message to the support email, but it's the weekend and I'm posting here because getting help during the work week means I won't be able to play for another week if the fix even works. Hoping they get back to me before that but just in case...)

#2 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 20 August 2016 - 08:59 AM

There's a repair tool in the launcher, before actually starting the game. I'd try that first. Honestly, no clue, but good luck mate.

~Leone.

#3 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,728 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 20 August 2016 - 09:51 AM

I would also suggest doing the MWORepairTool that is on the Launchpad before hitting Launch/Play and take note which. Run the repair tool once more to make sure everything is clear. If same files, report back.

How is your system actually hooked up to the net? Wireless/wired from computer to modem/gateway to modem?

Your connection for gameplay is not able the size of the pipeline, nor really about your ping, it is about the stability/lack of noise of it and what else is coming between your system and the servers, because your path way will hit several other router management centers/other ISP controlled lines.

Brand/model of router/gateway and modem, and ISP.

Just to get it out of the way, system Power Options, High Performance.

System firewall, double check that mwoclient.ini is full access. Depending on router/gateway, either setup port triggering or disable the firewall/security that most routers/gateways come with now, which used to be called SPI or stateful packet inspection. If your connection to the game servers is passing through centers with issues, packets could be delayed so that when released, the router's software firewall (the SPI, not the NAT) believes it is under attack, closing off that port for s short time.

The other is if using wireless connection, using the higher bandwidth/G-Band instead of the lower bandwidth with the game could cause gaming connectivity issues.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 20 August 2016 - 09:54 AM.

#4 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 03:42 PM

I rarely get disconnected from other games and I've not ever seen being disconnected while browsing. In this game I get surpricingly often disconnected, which is nasty as it takes so long time to relogin and then re-enter to the game.

Still; I don't get so often disconnected that I would consider it a problem. Once I got disconnected and when I returned, I heard from other people on voice chat that many others got disconnected too from both teams.

Edited by Teer5, 20 August 2016 - 03:43 PM.

#5 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 20 August 2016 - 04:33 PM

here is how the penalty works, you recieve a penalty if:
you disconnect from a match while your Mech is still functional and fail to reconnect within 2 minutes (weather accidental or deliberate)
you destroy an allied Mech
you get more than a certain amount of team damage, I think it is 70,

to put matters in perspective I average 2 team kills a year (from well over a thousand matches) and usually get less than 12 team damage

first penalty is realy short, you click launch and get a warning that because [insert player name] did [insert penalty condition] you have to wait [insert penalty time] before you can launch

I am pretty sure these were the times for each "tier" of penalty the one time I managed to get more than one
first = 10 seconds
second = 2 minutes
third = 5 minutes
forth = 10 minutes
I have never got a 5th but I think it then jumps to 30 minutes, then an hour, 2 hours, 4 hours (after which it would have reset anyway)

if anyone in your group gets the penalty it applies to the whole group as long as that player is in the group

I have only got the second penalty once, on an evening when I could not connect to matches on the EU server (it crashed back to the Mechlab, and did the same when I tried to rejoin), it took me a while to figure out what was happening but I was dropping successfully on the NA server not on the EU, I leave the OC server off, I prefer EU because that has about 40ms (instead of around 100ms to NA and 300+ to OC) ping times, but by the time I had figured it out I decided to leave it for the night, it was not fair to ask the rest of the group to wait 10 minutes for each match (I felt guilty when it got to 2 minutes but they asked me to stick around even after the 5 minute penalty)

if you do not get a second penalty within 4 hours the penalty timer is reset

#6 Hemholtz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 113 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 04:56 PM

which server are you connecting to?

Some people have issues connecting to Oceania servers for reasons only the ISP can tell.

I myself can't connect to the EU servers sometimes (ping 300-400 also is a factor)...doing those EU challenges was a major pain...

Edited by Hemholtz, 20 August 2016 - 05:13 PM.

#7 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 04:58 PM

Contact support.. technical@mwomercs.com

Send them your DX-diag

give them details of your issues..

ask them if you need to run a "trace"

ask them for any advice on how you can solve this issue..

check to see if you have any other programs that could be causing this.. Firewalls, Spybots, or just random programs that run. I've been playing for 4 years, and i get DC maybe once ever couple hundred matches..

It doesn't have to be your system persay, but some conflict that is causing the issue.

GL!

PS one thing that can cause some folks to get DC, including myself, is tabing out while the match is loading. that does cause me to DC more often, but i typically get back before the game starts.. getting DC during the match is very rare for me

Edited by JC Daxion, 20 August 2016 - 04:59 PM.

#8 Ugolone

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 05:55 AM

I had the same problem months ago....try to downgrade your graphics settings....when I downgraded them of -5% I had'nt no more disconnections

#9 Rerednaw

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 10:33 PM

Yeah thanks for the suggestions folks. I contacted support, sent them the files...and haven't heard back. Meanwhile it keeps racking up penalties...I'm going to be entirely locked out soon at this rate sadly.

US and EU servers is what I play on.. Oceanic has way too large a ping.

Locked out again so posting while I wait for the penalty timer.

I re-installed, repaired, even turned off the firewall. No dice. Still black screen of DC right after the match load screen and back to mechlab. By the time I finally reconnect (takes multiple tries) it's typically to see my mech being shot up by 4 or 5 other guys. And then no rewards for a late reconnect and the ramping penalty because the game's insult to injury punishment system Posted Image

Edited by Rerednaw, 02 September 2016 - 10:45 PM.

#10 VitriolicViolet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 592 posts
  • LocationAustralia, Melbourne

Posted 16 September 2016 - 03:53 PM

yeah the penalty system is crap. I get disconnected from the ineternet a minimum of 5 times a day for about 10 seconds. I live in Austaralia and my provider said its the infrastrucure. Anyway it takes at least 3-4 minutes to reconnect at the fastest so i never get my rewards when it happens its really ****.

#11 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,676 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 16 September 2016 - 04:15 PM

You could try taking your PC to a friend's house or try another PC in your home to determine if it might be ISP or PC. I rarely have connection problems, but I do alt tab a lot before the match and play in full screen and that sometimes crashes the game or confuses the focus of the window at least. Try Windowed mode if you do Full screen, or vice versa. I hope you are running on a 64-bit machine and OS?

#12 Kyzero

Rookie

• Mercenary Rank 4
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 06:08 AM

I'm getting DC from game server issues a lot recently.. :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users