Penalty System Needs A Major Change At This Point

39 replies to this topic

#1 Flint N Steel

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 09:08 AM

Ok, I have been playing this game for years. I am a Legendary Founder. I have rarely ever purposefully killed someone and if I did it was usually some jack off tk'er or someone shooting me in the back not paying attention and "testing" his weapon groups. I have NEVER just purposefully blasted teammates in a fight. Hell, even with the initial introduction to the penalty system I never saw any penalties....until this morning.

Here I am in a match and fire 4 SRM 6's and just as I pull the trigger a team mate cuts in front of me and all of them plow into his back. Instantly dead. That stuff happens on occasion, you can't control people walking in front you. First TK I've done in ages, several hundred matches at least. Yet I go to get in the next match and I am being penalized for that and have to wait for a couple minutes? What a bunch of bull crap.

Then 2 matches in a row on scouting, which is in close fighting typically, I get 2 more match penalties bringing me up to 5 minutes of waiting around. Why? Because again team mates walked in front of my shots and got damaged. So you're thinking, you must have caused a lot of damage right? Wrong. Less than 50 points if I remember correctly on each match, definitely less than 100.

Now I come out of another scouting match where again my pug team mate walked right in front of me in between myself and the enemy and got nailed by 4 SRM 4's. Come out, another penalty, this time for 10 minutes. Again, very little overall damage.

This system is suppose to be designed for people who PURPOSEFULLY cause LARGE amounts of damage. Even if it counts accidental hitting which is obviously does, I am not causing large amounts of damage, match after match after match.

I am so irritated right now it's not even funny. I have never received penalties before and now suddenly 4 or 5 matches here this morning I have? Something is off here. Something is wrong. If this is how the penalty system is going to be working now then my time on this game is going to end.

#2 627

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 09:13 AM

first penalty givrs you like 10 seconds or so. If you end on 5mins plus you should maybe train some trigger discipline.

Oh and I'm a elite founder that played since beta. I have no idea why this matters but it seems that it is needed these days to discuss something !?

#3 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 03 July 2016 - 09:39 AM

So within 4 hours you had 1 accidental TK, and two more matches with 50-ish team damage each? Remind me to stay away from you. I bet you are the type who zooms in with those SRMs.

Edited by El Bandito, 03 July 2016 - 09:54 AM.

#4 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,950 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 03 July 2016 - 09:43 AM

I'm pretty sure the forum badge tells anyone who cares about your Founder status. ;)

#5 Flint N Steel

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 09:46 AM

My point is I have been playing this game for years. It has nothing to do with trigger discipline. You don't want to get hit? Don't walk in front of team mates already engaged in fighting. That is just stupid. If you get hit in the middle of a fire fight because you walk in front of team mates, that is your own stupidity.

I have gone hundreds of matches with no TK's and very rarely do I actually hit teammates for more than a few points. When I do it's because THEY walked in front of ME while already engaged. I can't control that

#6 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 09:54 AM

View PostFlint N Steel, on 03 July 2016 - 09:46 AM, said:

I can't control that

There are always new skills to master, watch your surroundings and get some more situational awareness and that team damage will go down. Posted Image

#7 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 03 July 2016 - 09:55 AM

My point is I have been playing this game for years. It has nothing to do with trigger discipline. You don't want to get hit? Don't walk in front of team mates already engaged in fighting. That is just stupid. If you get hit in the middle of a fire fight because you walk in front of team mates, that is your own stupidity.

I have gone hundreds of matches with no TK's and very rarely do I actually hit teammates for more than a few points. When I do it's because THEY walked in front of ME while already engaged. I can't control that

So you have bad luck once in a while. It certainly is not a big enough deal to consider quitting though.

#8 Flint N Steel

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 09:55 AM

Good lord, what part do you not understand? I have gone hundreds of matches, until I started doing these scout matches, where my average team damage is less than 10 and in most games zero. THEY are the idiots who need to learn how to pay attention.

#9 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 July 2016 - 10:09 AM

Penalties are very minor for accidents. Most are along the lines of 10 seconds or less. The penalty system is in place to prevent malicious team damage and kills. It's benefits far outweigh the negatives.

#10 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 03 July 2016 - 10:17 AM

So then why do you care?

If it almost never happens to you, maybe a couple times a year, what do you care if you have a couple ~10 second penalties, maybe even a minute?

Those penalties quickly stack and get bigger to deal with people repeatedly TKing or just doing lots of team damage. And they do work.

If it happens to you multiple times, then it's your fault. If you hit ANYONE with SRM's, regular autocannons, etc, it's your fault. Sure, they shouldn't move in front of you, but given projectile travel times if you're even remotely aware of what's going on (not zoomed in with tiny FOV) then you won't hit friendlies with SRM's.

Ultimately:

If it only happens to you extremely rarely because you very rarely do anything stupid like friendly fire/TKing, then it isn't a problem for you.

If it happens to you more frequently, then YOU are the problem.

#11 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 04 July 2016 - 02:22 AM

I totally agree that penalty system needs a major change. Instead of -21 c-bills per point of team damage we need to have -2100 c-bills per point of team damage.

Accidents happen, sometimes you TK someone in a heat of the battle and don't even notice it. If aren't doing it regulary / on purpose you don't even notice those penalties. If you do then there is nothing to talk about.

#12 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 04 July 2016 - 03:09 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 04 July 2016 - 02:22 AM, said:

I totally agree that penalty system needs a major change. Instead of -21 c-bills per point of team damage we need to have -2100 c-bills per point of team damage.

Accidents happen, sometimes you TK someone in a heat of the battle and don't even notice it. If aren't doing it regulary / on purpose you don't even notice those penalties. If you do then there is nothing to talk about.

No, we have to get rid of linear bull crap
and we need to set a minimum damage before a TK count as TK.... TKs with 0.8dmg + penalty is bull crap

5 damage is rewarded/penalized with ~ 100 Cbills
20dmg not with 400 but maybe 1000
50dmg not 1000 but maybe 2000
non-linear rise based on average damage applied to a target (based on server data)

Edited by Karl Streiger, 04 July 2016 - 03:11 AM.

#13 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 03:11 AM

View PostFlint N Steel, on 03 July 2016 - 09:55 AM, said:

Good lord, what part do you not understand? I have gone hundreds of matches, until I started doing these scout matches, where my average team damage is less than 10 and in most games zero. THEY are the idiots who need to learn how to pay attention.

You are the problem
Instead display and talk about your founder status show your tier.. as founder you have enough matchs for grind tier1 level ?

PS: lots of founders people still play like 4 years ago and are really bad at this game ... also be a founder or not will never convince me ok this guy is good specially if he got multiples 5 minutes penalty becose of others ahahah yea of course others... you shoot them but its theirs faults. Posted Image

Edited by Idealsuspect, 04 July 2016 - 03:24 AM.

#14 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 04 July 2016 - 03:21 AM

I think if they accounted for a player being in zoom when a crossing happened it would slow down people being upset at the penalty for crossing shots. I toasted our locust last night doing just that. Sometimes I will get lucky and see it on the mini map before i take the shot but in zoom I am too focused on the enemies components. I seem to be the worst in my Dgauss Crab I think because of the low slung arms. Taken a number of lights that way.

Overall I like the system though, It makes it more enjoyable to not have to report TKers all the time.

#15 Aerei

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 127 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 03:28 AM

I would say the penalties are more annoying in an invasion brawl on top of Omega personally. Lot of stuff can happen there.

Personally I think it would be nice if the penalty system didn't penalize offenses made in a premade group. If I'm in an SRoT 12 man, I'm pretty sure we're not going to be mad at each other for friendly fire, so why should the game? XD

It's a two sided coin, though. The system was implemented because of negligent people that didn't pay attention, and egotistical people that felt their opinions, kills, etc, was worth killing a teammate for.

Either way, brawls are chaotic man. Mistakes happen. From either player.

Edited by Aerei, 04 July 2016 - 03:32 AM.

#16 Peter2k

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 July 2016 - 03:30 AM

If I fire at a red dorito and someone walks in front of me
I pull the reticule down as fast as I can

Am I grumpy?
Sure
Haven't team killed someone in 2 years plus
And never just because someone tested there weapons, or shot me in the back

Not even the rare cases someone actually tried to team kill me
As a matter of fact I recorded that guy, with his maniacal laughter, how he team killed me and someone else
N reported him with the video in tow

And moved on

#17 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 04 July 2016 - 03:40 AM

They should add a penalty for morons who stop on ramps or block choke points. Top tier guys too.

Had a clown in a K2 stop at the apex of the ramp on crimson with five of us behind him. Then starts backing into me as i was second in the conga line. He bailed off the side and I took the alpha intended for him while everyone else backed out. Those who backed down got slammed by those coming out of the tunnel, turkey shoot.
Top scoring pilot pretty well known here on the forums. His excuse was he is too valuable to lose over the rest of us.

Took a lot of self control not to alpha his behind. He did have high score and was last man standing but the hate he generated was equal to it and we still lost the match but his scores stayed high.

View PostPeter2k, on 04 July 2016 - 03:30 AM, said:

If I fire at a red dorito and someone walks in front of me
I pull the reticule down as fast as I can

Am I grumpy?
Sure
Haven't team killed someone in 2 years plus
And never just because someone tested there weapons, or shot me in the back

Not even the rare cases someone actually tried to team kill me
As a matter of fact I recorded that guy, with his maniacal laughter, how he team killed me and someone else
N reported him with the video in tow

And moved on

So your saying your not aggressive?

#18 Yellonet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 04 July 2016 - 05:42 AM

View PostFlint N Steel, on 03 July 2016 - 09:55 AM, said:

LOL? Posted Image

#19 Mavairo

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 05:58 AM

View PostIdealsuspect, on 04 July 2016 - 03:11 AM, said:

You are the problem
Instead display and talk about your founder status show your tier.. as founder you have enough matchs for grind tier1 level ?

PS: lots of founders people still play like 4 years ago and are really bad at this game ... also be a founder or not will never convince me ok this guy is good specially if he got multiples 5 minutes penalty becose of others ahahah yea of course others... you shoot them but its theirs faults. Posted Image

I can't speak for him, but I'm a founder who actually didn't have enough matches ground for T1. I was on an extended break from mwo playing world of warships while it happened.

That aside... how do you team kill people enough with SRMs of all things to get penalized? A little firediscipline goes a long way.

#20 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 08:35 AM

View PostMavairo, on 04 July 2016 - 05:58 AM, said:

I can't speak for him, but I'm a founder who actually didn't have enough matches ground for T1. I was on an extended break from mwo playing world of warships while it happened.

That aside... how do you team kill people enough with SRMs of all things to get penalized? A little firediscipline goes a long way.

Yea but you you show your tier..

The other guy arguing he was a founder for convince people he isnt bad .. but for me founder badge or even tier dont show people are good only because of this.

Tier can proove only one thing, if people who still farm a lot this game are still tier 5 - 4 - 3, it mean they are doing something wrong while playing xD ( well you just said that you don't farm the game also don't take it for you )

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users