Mechwarrior Things, Thank You!

9 replies to this topic

#1 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 04:05 PM

Well not for the event persay,, While i do like the concept of lots of things to do, and testing all sorts of things.. Yes i want to see kill people with missiles, or kill people with lasers.. or blast people with PPC events in the future..

Please never attach premium time or color to third person ever again.. and for that matter please don't attach it to components either, How on earth i can do 800 damage, get 2 solo kills, and 4 KmD's in a single match but only 2 components knocked out, when every target had all its equipment when i started in on them is beyond me!!! But i digress

But a big thank you for the event, and the omage (?sp?) to the show. I watched the whole series today and absolutely loved it, But half the fun of watching was looking for all the one liners, and things that you referenced in the event.

So many thanks from a true sci-fi fan, you did it justice,, even if your event drove me absolutely bat crap crazy,, and still have yet to unlock "wolf Brown" on my IS account..

#2 Zibmo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 488 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 04:33 PM

Per se. Homage. What show?

#3 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 04:34 PM

View PostZibmo, on 06 September 2016 - 04:33 PM, said:

Per se. Homage. What show?

Stranger things, "netfliks"

#4 DrSaphron

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 157 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 04:38 PM

I'm finding it exceptionally frustrating that the requirements are not registering even though they are being completed correctly.

#5 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 06 September 2016 - 06:38 PM

Hope PGI learned about quite a lot of bugs that need fixing through this event.

#6 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 04:27 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 06 September 2016 - 06:38 PM, said:

Hope PGI learned about quite a lot of bugs that need fixing through this event.

very true... But i don't mind as long as they do something about them. the events have been pretty much bug free, but this one added tons of trackers. My guess is they added many more balance tools, and used the event to test um.

#7 knight-of-ni

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,627 posts
  • Location/dev/null

Posted 07 September 2016 - 07:18 AM

I didn't focus on meeting all the individual challenges myself, so several did not get met.
However, what I enjoyed was how this made for some different game play over the weekend.
It's good to break things up every now and then.

#8 DeadEye COTP

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 07:31 AM

It's the only reason I found out about Stranger Things as well. Great new show, I watched all the episodes with the wife over the long weekend.

Never thought I could put up with a show where children were a major part of it, they really picked some great actors though.

#9 Spartan 04

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 53 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 07 September 2016 - 08:04 AM

View PostJC Daxion, on 06 September 2016 - 04:05 PM, said:

How on earth i can do 800 damage, get 2 solo kills, and 4 KmD's in a single match but only 2 components knocked out, when every target had all its equipment when i started in on them is beyond me!!! But i digress

Components. Arms, legs, etc. You don't get credit for all components merely by killing the 'mech (if you just cut it down after it had been damaged by others, you'd likely only get the ST/CT it took to kill it.) Damage and KMDD are related in that you hurt the target (the most), but you need to be the one to section off bits to do it. If someone else comes by and rips off the components that you put into the red (and kills the thing), you get the KMDD but they get the component credit.

I found a splat-build or a quad UAC/5 build did wonders for that one. HIT ALL THE THINGS. Heck, run a Stormcrow packed with Streaks and a NARC beacon for synergistic quest achievement goodness.

Good event though, was interesting. I also recognize this was a test of probably a few things, including tracking and player preference.

I'd be curious to see which feats were achieved by how many players. A stat-breakdown would be interesting.

Edited by Spartan 04, 07 September 2016 - 08:04 AM.

#10 Major Tomm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 131 posts
  • LocationWolf 359

Posted 07 September 2016 - 08:18 AM

I say no. Played for 4 days off and on and got one reward. Previous Challenges I got all rewards and they fit in with what I was doing to improve my XP needs. Perhaps this event should have run for 2 weeks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users