Cockpit Damage Panel Update

No replies to this topic

#1 AncientRaig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 584 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 05:24 PM

The cockpit damage panel is in some pretty desperate need of an update. The design of it is, for the most part, fine. It tells you which part of your mech is being hit, which parts are damaged, and how badly. However, what is not fine, is the "time lag" when you're taking damage between when the damage is being actually taken and when the panel updates to show you exactly what's been hit and how bad. I've lost more than a few fights because I think my CT structure is still yellow, or maybe even still barely armored, but in reality it's been turned orange or red and I don't notice because the damage panel takes a good five seconds or so to stop flashing and actually tell me what my mech's status is. While it's not the worst thing ever, it certainly can make knowing when you need to disengage a lot easier by actually showing you how damaged you mech is as it's taking that level of damage, not the level of damage from five seconds ago. Which might not seem like a terribly long time, since many weapons generally have a cooldown longer than 5ish seconds, but if you're fighting, or using, something like a UAC or a pulse laser, two very popular and common builds these days, that five seconds can allow for an extremely high output of damage. My suggestion is to speed up the rate at which the damage panel updates to be real-time. It can still flash as you're taking damage, but it shouldn't have a time lag between taking damage and knowing how bad it is.

Edited by Sidefire, 27 August 2016 - 11:16 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users