Will Energy Draw Promote Using Of Macros With Min-Max Builds With One Weapon Types? (Some Suggestions Included)

31 replies to this topic

#21 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 26 August 2016 - 08:33 PM

View PostRouken Vordermark, on 26 August 2016 - 07:45 PM, said:

Again, the macro makes you inflexible. Considering that the timing is not difficult there is little reason to sacrifice flexibility for this.

Frankly, I think you're overestimating macros or underestimating humans.

What sort of flexibility?

#22 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 08:36 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 26 August 2016 - 08:33 PM, said:

Check my other post, where I've already said.

#23 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 26 August 2016 - 08:39 PM

View PostRouken Vordermark, on 26 August 2016 - 08:36 PM, said:

Check my other post, where I've already said.

Can you quote it?

I could not find any

#24 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 26 August 2016 - 09:13 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 26 August 2016 - 08:33 PM, said:

Take for example the atlas with srm and ac20 . If your aiming at say at a medium. A macro is going to fire the srm and ac20 no matter what as fast as it can.When that ac20 goes off it better be lined up to that target running 105kph. If you use a two mouse setup even if your 1 second slower you can be sure when its fired its going to hit the 'red st'.

I done a lot of ac macros for fun in the server we have now i end up spreading dmg like crazy. If i just fire them in groups i can line up my shots and get more focused dmg.

i do agree it will increase dps and i could see lrm players using it like crazy.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 26 August 2016 - 09:22 PM.

#25 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 27 August 2016 - 07:57 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 26 August 2016 - 09:13 PM, said:

Take for example the atlas with srm and ac20 . If your aiming at say at a medium. A macro is going to fire the srm and ac20 no matter what as fast as it can.When that ac20 goes off it better be lined up to that target running 105kph. If you use a two mouse setup even if your 1 second slower you can be sure when its fired its going to hit the 'red st'.

I done a lot of ac macros for fun in the server we have now i end up spreading dmg like crazy. If i just fire them in groups i can line up my shots and get more focused dmg.

i do agree it will increase dps and i could see lrm players using it like crazy.

You'll be terrified to see how capable macros are rather than just press these 2 buttons with X delay. I've been shown a case with lasers, SRM/AC20... there is no chance of missing. You have separate buttons for each weapon group.
If you want to fire everything quickly it calculates how much energy you have left and fires an appropriate number of your secondary shots accordingly... or even prevent you from firing until the energy bar reaches a point where you have a minimum amount available for your weapons.

There is also an alpha setting and toggle for the script that switches to normal anytime you want.
If you want to delay your shots, you will not even notice that it is there. It runs like normal.

I myself thought macros were just about pressing X buttons with Y delay... nope!... hell no!

Edited by Navid A1, 27 August 2016 - 08:02 AM.

#26 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 27 August 2016 - 08:26 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 27 August 2016 - 07:57 AM, said:

You'll be terrified to see how capable macros are rather than just press these 2 buttons with X delay. I've been shown a case with lasers, SRM/AC20... there is no chance of missing. You have separate buttons for each weapon group.
If you want to fire everything quickly it calculates how much energy you have left and fires an appropriate number of your secondary shots accordingly... or even prevent you from firing until the energy bar reaches a point where you have a minimum amount available for your weapons.

There is also an alpha setting and toggle for the script that switches to normal anytime you want.
If you want to delay your shots, you will not even notice that it is there. It runs like normal.

I myself thought macros were just about pressing X buttons with Y delay... nope!... hell no!

So if you setup a Marco to only allow you to fire once the draw cycle is complete you bow have lost the option to fire.before the draw cycle say for when you're about to die and pull a over ride.

I guess you could run another button without the script but now you have 2scripts per weapon group and 3 buttons. So I would agree I could see comp players doing this but for me I don't think I would.

#27 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 27 August 2016 - 11:47 AM

Here is a taste of what can happen. Take the Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle and the accompanying TARGET software:

Posted Image

Do you see that dial named "Throttle Friction Control"? You can use that to control the firing rate of any weapon or group, or even all weapons and groups. The same goes for the left throttle.

Do you see the switches marked LASTE and FLAPS, the switch above the red one on the right throttle, and the one on the left throttle? they're all 3-position switches. Any weapon groups attached to those can have three different firing rates.

Do you see the switches marked EAC, RDR/ALTM, and APU? You can use those to control double taps.

Those are just the obvious ones and I haven't even scratched the surface, like mixed firing of two or more weapons together.

Energy Draw is going to be real fun from a macro programming perspective. Posted Image

Edited by Mystere, 27 August 2016 - 11:51 AM.

#28 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 27 August 2016 - 05:26 PM

View PostMystere, on 27 August 2016 - 11:47 AM, said:

Here is a taste of what can happen. Take the Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle and the accompanying TARGET software:

Do you see that dial named "Throttle Friction Control"? You can use that to control the firing rate of any weapon or group, or even all weapons and groups. The same goes for the left throttle.

Do you see the switches marked LASTE and FLAPS, the switch above the red one on the right throttle, and the one on the left throttle? they're all 3-position switches. Any weapon groups attached to those can have three different firing rates.

Do you see the switches marked EAC, RDR/ALTM, and APU? You can use those to control double taps.

Those are just the obvious ones and I haven't even scratched the surface, like mixed firing of two or more weapons together.

Energy Draw is going to be real fun from a macro programming perspective. Posted Image

Posted Image

You are not particularly familiar with coding... right?
All those (not so) complex calculation are one in a script.. all you need is 3 buttons on your mouse and the program does the fire control for you.

Simple as that.

Edited by Navid A1, 27 August 2016 - 05:26 PM.

#29 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 27 August 2016 - 05:43 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 27 August 2016 - 05:26 PM, said:

Posted Image

You are not particularly familiar with coding... right?
All those (not so) complex calculation are one in a script.. all you need is 3 buttons on your mouse and the program does the fire control for you.

Simple as that.

You have no clue ... at all ... especially because I am not using a mouse ... at all ... and have not used one for ages.

Mundanes. Posted Image

And coders are dime a dozen. Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by Mystere, 27 August 2016 - 05:46 PM.

#30 Bellum Dominum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 592 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 07:39 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 27 August 2016 - 07:57 AM, said:

True however when you start talking about a bit of code that actually takes information from the game and then uses it to do calculations you are really past the realm of macros and into scripting. Which last I checked scripting was not allowed by MWO as it is the same type of coding used for 'aimbot'.

MMOs brought about calling small scxripts such as that a macro when that really isn't the case. Multiple keys, timing and variable delays such as 10ms to 110ms each time just randomly done, even interruptable all = macro (also all that Mystere is doing with the HOTAS). Performing calculations = script = botting.

Edited by Bellum Dominum, 27 August 2016 - 08:01 PM.

#31 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 27 August 2016 - 07:56 PM

View PostBellum Dominum, on 27 August 2016 - 07:39 PM, said:

True however when you start talking about a bit of code that actually takes information from the game and then uses it to do calculations you are really past the realm of macros and into scripting. Which last I checked scripting was not allowed by MWO as it is the same type of coding used for 'aimbot'.

MMOs brought about calling small scxripts such as that a macro when that really isn't the case. Multiple keys, timing and variable delays such as 10ms to 110ms each time just randomly done, even interruptable all = macro. Performing calculations = script = botting.

That script needs zero communications with the game... absolutely zero.

Energy recharge rate is 20 per sec, and every weapon has specific energy draw. You only need those to write the script. You read key presses from your mouse and return keys that are mapped to fire groups in MWO (usually far away unused keys).

Aimbot reads info from the game and the data that is being sent and received to/from the server.

A key press script is not detectable, nor is it any different compared to a simple macro. In fact, a macro IS a script.. a simple one!

Edited by Navid A1, 27 August 2016 - 07:57 PM.

#32 Bellum Dominum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 592 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 08:13 PM

Both keypress macros and scripts (yes there is a very fine line between the two and that line has been debated endlessly over the last 30 years mostly by gamers trying to get away with a script by calling it a macro) are detectable. Just like any other program is detectable.

Read what you wrote again and then read the last part of what you quoted of mine. 3 times even and think about what you wrote Posted Image

Edited by Bellum Dominum, 27 August 2016 - 08:13 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users