22 replies to this topic

#1 Ted Wayz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts
  • LocationTea with Romano

Posted 03 September 2016 - 04:36 PM

My wallet is closed and that is my personal choice. But if you are new the Mastery Bundle has always been the best buy in MWO. 20% off makes it a must buy.

#2 Choppah

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 174 posts
  • LocationIn transit, ETA unknown.

Posted 03 September 2016 - 04:40 PM

Meh, buying cbill mechs with MC is always bad IMO. Save the MC for heros and mechbays on sale. And remember, premium time runs out, hero mech bonus doesn't.

#3 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,580 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 03 September 2016 - 04:43 PM

The Locust Master Bundle is normally only one dollar less than buying 30 days premium time in the Gift Shop so even if your selling the 'Mechs its a good buy to get premium time and Mech Bays, now its even less than that.

#4 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 September 2016 - 05:17 PM

Buy more packs!

Is it me or does the font for that look like Jurassic Park?

Edited by Mechwarrior Buddah, 03 September 2016 - 05:17 PM.

#5 A Shoddy Rental Mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 590 posts
  • LocationOn my Island, There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Posted 03 September 2016 - 06:00 PM

How many mechpacks can you buy for 11 MC?

#6 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 03 September 2016 - 06:07 PM

View PostCycKath, on 03 September 2016 - 04:43 PM, said:

The Locust Master Bundle is normally only one dollar less than buying 30 days premium time in the Gift Shop so even if your selling the 'Mechs its a good buy to get premium time and Mech Bays, now its even less than that.

Plus, if you are already a locust pilot, you get 2 xl190 engines :D

#7 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,936 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 03 September 2016 - 06:17 PM

Well... too little too late for me... have them all.

But if you are new... Mastery pack are great value.

#8 N0ni

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts
  • LocationIn a GTR Simulator Cockpit

Posted 03 September 2016 - 07:20 PM

View PostThe Nerf Bat, on 03 September 2016 - 06:00 PM, said:

How many mechpacks can you buy for 11 MC?

No mechpacks, but you do get 11 Mastery Bundles.

Choice being up to you which bundles you get is optional and not included. With that option included it comes out to be 12 MC.

#9 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,936 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 03 September 2016 - 07:28 PM

Can someone with no access to game gifts himself a mastery pack from the gift store?

#10 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 03 September 2016 - 07:34 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 03 September 2016 - 07:28 PM, said:

Can someone with no access to game gifts himself a mastery pack from the gift store?

I don't see why not. Just purchase the code and use it on yourself.

#11 Chuck Jager

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 10:01 PM

View PostChoppah, on 03 September 2016 - 04:40 PM, said:

Meh, buying cbill mechs with MC is always bad IMO. Save the MC for heros and mechbays on sale. And remember, premium time runs out, hero mech bonus doesn't.

When I first started I bought the mechs with XL engines because I needed good builds and $5 ish bucks was pretty good compared to being a bad player at a time without tier caps in MM. The Kodiak packs are the best value if you just take the premium time and sell everything else to buy engines.

Paying money to get something is the way the world works. Also the packs do come with premium time that also helps a ton. Sometimes F2P reminds me of folks who go into restaurants and grab crackers and condiments to mix up for a "free" meal while thinking they pulled a fast one.

Before folks yell first world issues. I can only work part time and am partially disabled. If you want to see expensive, check out the $2-3000 bill I get every year when I need to renew my "special" exceptions for medications (so far I have gotten this taken care of in about 45days time).

Now MWO pricing on some stuff is very bizarre and inconsistent. (non pack cockpit items/colors and original mech pack vs recent $20 packs vs individual MC mechs)

#12 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,936 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 03 September 2016 - 10:24 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 03 September 2016 - 07:34 PM, said:

I know
but... I just wanted to know if someone has tried it or not?

You'll never know. You may do that and receive an error along the lines of: you can not gift yourself or something like that.
PGI is known for these kinda vague info... and I don't wanna bother myself with their support in order to get refunds or something.

#13 Besh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,110 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 September 2016 - 12:47 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 03 September 2016 - 07:34 PM, said:

View PostNavid A1, on 03 September 2016 - 10:24 PM, said:

I know
but... I just wanted to know if someone has tried it or not?

You'll never know. You may do that and receive an error along the lines of: you can not gift yourself or something like that.
PGI is known for these kinda vague info... and I don't wanna bother myself with their support in order to get refunds or something.

It does work without a problem. I "gifted" me the LCT Mastery a few weeks ago that way .

#14 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,936 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 04 September 2016 - 12:49 AM

View PostBesh, on 04 September 2016 - 12:47 AM, said:

It does work without a problem. I "gifted" me the LCT Mastery a few weeks ago that way .

Thanks.

#15 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 04 September 2016 - 12:50 AM

Mastery Bundles include Hero Mechs - which aren't available for CBills - and Premium Time, also unavailable for CBills.

This sale is particularly good value for players who don't already have an extensive stable of Mechs. I'm really surprised that PGI is discounting what were already the best value discounts in the game.

#16 invernomuto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 04 September 2016 - 01:37 AM

Yes you can. I bought some months ago the Jenner mastery pack that way.

Edit: Already answered, sorry :)

Edited by invernomuto, 04 September 2016 - 01:41 AM.

#17 Ted Wayz

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts
  • LocationTea with Romano

Posted 04 September 2016 - 06:46 AM

I think PGI missed the boat on salvage. If they had kept salvage in the game and not screwed with my loyalty I might buy one for spare parts!

#18 Ratpoison

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 851 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 07:57 AM

Why would you say that when the Mastery bundles give you a hero which stacks with premium time? That's part of why they're the best deals in the game even full price. A mech temporarily not being available for cbills isn't value, you aren't pulling a fast one by doing it.

#19 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 04 September 2016 - 08:31 AM

I am all for players spending a little bit on this game at least if they play often and then immediately demanding more content and features.

#20 Choppah

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 174 posts
  • LocationIn transit, ETA unknown.

Posted 04 September 2016 - 10:00 AM

View PosttortuousGoddess, on 04 September 2016 - 07:57 AM, said:

Why would you say that when the Mastery bundles give you a hero which stacks with premium time? That's part of why they're the best deals in the game even full price. A mech temporarily not being available for cbills isn't value, you aren't pulling a fast one by doing it.

The price of mastery packs includes a cockpit item (some exceptions), mechbays, premium time, and a cbill, hero, and champion mech. Assuming you want the highest amount of content (aka "things I can actually play with") to value ratio and playtime isn't a huge factor. You can buy more hero mechs on sale and basically have never ending premium time instead of buying cbill/champion variants and useless cockpit items. Once you have banked enough cbills with a stable of hero mechs, grab the cbill mechs you want, even better if they are on sale too. This strategy also assumes that you are good enough at MWO to make use of the smaller bonus a hero grants and have patience to wait to get the mechs you want.

However that is what worked best for me after having bought the max MC package (30,000 during sale IIRC) and the Overlord bundle. I regret these purchases so much because I ended up with useless mechs (locusts), crappy hero variants (TDR-5S(P)), and I didn't feel like playing after I finished leveling these mechs up so I wasted my PT on top of everything.

If you like cockpit items, colors, decals, patterns or don't want to grind for cbill mechs, feel free to spend money. Some people enjoy that sort of thing. Just never buy champion mechs because they are a overpriced version of the cbill variant and not unique or special in any way.

Or just realize that F2P games have a terrible value in content to cost and you should spend money on games by devs who actually care about putting out great content for a reasonable price.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users