• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:26 AM

Honestly of the assault mechs I have used, my favorite is the Warhawk

https://www..youtube...h?v=C8m7PYUQNP0

Brawler build (ammo based)

Early pre-rescale footage

Atlas, Dire Wolf and Warhawk in one bid.

For plenty more Dire Wolf, search Dire Cow on YouTube.

I have used the Gargoyle but haven't found it worth filming. I do not own an Executioner but I do believe I would like it. I have one Highlander IIC and I do enjoy it but I haven't filmed one yet.

My favorite overall and my money maker is the Warhawk on the Clan side.

For the IS, it is a mix between Battlemaster, Stalker, Highlander

#42 Gibson Ibanez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 231 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 03:34 PM

View PostKoniving, on 05 September 2016 - 09:27 AM, said:

I'm still uploading the big vids 1 and 2.

For now, this is the Kodiak perfect positioning short, where I got into the perfect place with the Kodiak-2 behind an enemy force.
Last night I reported I had killed an Atlas followed by a Kodiak as that is what I remember seeing. There was actually 300 tons (Atlas, Dire Wolf and Kodiak), of which I still killed 200 tons (Atlas and the Direwolf; not the Kodiak -- the Kodiak was killed by my allied front line during my pincer attack).

*JEALOUS*

#43 l3elthaz0r

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 133 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:28 PM

I love my stalkers, especially the misery:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...bbf0e404272b7ff

I'm by no means a good player, but I find with the misery's dead side, I'm able to shield with the right torso and arm and keep my left side fresh with the heavier weapons. I'm also experimenting with dropping the AC20, 3LL and 2ML for a gauss, 2LPL + 3ML, mostly because I hate how I have to get in close to start dealing damage. I play brawlers mostly, and even my STK-5M is outfitted with 5ASRMs and 2 LL. But for ability to tank with the right side, Misery wins for me. (STK 4N with 6LL is mui caliente too)

Oh yeah, also definitely get a radar derp module as soon as you can. With the number of LRM boats around, you'll suffer less for it

#44 SlightlyMobileTurret

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Lance Corporal
  • 718 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:57 PM

View PostMechwarrior Ellis, on 07 September 2016 - 05:38 AM, said:

That was a good way to see some of the different Kodiaks. Thanks for that.

What would you guys say is the best clan assault mech? I have learned that I really really don't want to be in front of either the Dire Wolf or the Kodiak.

The Dire is a turret. The Kodiak is an assault mech with almost as much firepower as the turret.

Choose wisely.

Ease of use? Kodiak everytime.

the KDK is a better mech, especially in un-experienced hands. The KDK-3 is the best mech in the game, the KDK-2 is decent, Spirit bear is very good if you get it, KDK-4 is a solid mech. 1/5 are okay, but not as good as the other variants

Pure firepower (and all the tears that flow due to how slow you are and how hard you get focused?) - Direwhale

If you ARE buying a dire, 5UAC5, 3UAC5 2UAC10, 2Gauss 2LPL 3ML (DWF-W meta build) are where it's at. You need to carry ballistics to fill the massive 51 ton podspace after all.

(I mean, you could do 5/6 LPL with a T.comp, but ghost heat ruins the competitiveness). The Dire has amazing build variety, if you just want to have fun.

Edited by Keshav Murali, 07 September 2016 - 06:59 PM.

#45 SpootieBloot

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 08:03 AM

I had some personal business take me away from the game for a little while. I have been watching videos and cant wait for the MWO Championships!

SpootieBloot back in action.

Also, thanks for the responses.

Edited by SpootieBloot, 17 September 2016 - 08:04 AM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users