#21 Coolant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 August 2016 - 11:43 AM

I wish the cap was a little higher than 30...maybe 35. But stock modes generally have the different weapons on different triggers by default. I hope PGI does look into that. It wouldn't be good to have alphas on any particular trigger more than 30 for stock mechs.

#22 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 12:00 PM

Stock builds? Just stick with dakka Kodiaks, Maulers, BWs and laser boat Banshees and Battlemasters. Ironically they were the least affected by ED.

#23 Unreliable Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 209 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 12:14 PM

This video by Snuggles Time disturbed me. I wonder if this will go live?

#24 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 August 2016 - 12:24 PM

View PostTexAce, on 29 August 2016 - 08:50 AM, said:

Or some should learn to not use the alpha as their main shooting tactic.....?

Alphas were very risky in lore and should be used with caution. But MWO wannabe leets think otherwise and if its not like they want, the game's mechanics are wrong.....sure right.....

Please note the thread I made called "bad things happen when I get bored" and tell me I cant manage heat lol

oh you did XD

Edited by Mechwarrior Buddah, 29 August 2016 - 12:29 PM.

#25 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 29 August 2016 - 12:53 PM

View PostKhobai, on 29 August 2016 - 09:08 AM, said:

energy draw isnt gonna fix anything

because even 30 damage is gonna lead to getting instakilled when you have 12v12

the problem is all the focus fire that was added in 12v12, thats what made TTK plummet

the current levels of armor/structure cant handle the damage you take in 12v12

we need to go back to 8v8 so theres less focus fire going around

Meh! Going back to 8v8 is a step backward. Eliminating automatic near-instant pinpoint convergence is moving forward.

Edited by Mystere, 29 August 2016 - 12:53 PM.

#26 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 29 August 2016 - 01:06 PM

View PostMystere, on 29 August 2016 - 12:53 PM, said:

Meh! Going back to 8v8 is a step backward. Eliminating automatic near-instant pinpoint convergence is moving forward.

Sometimes, when you step forward and your foot touches a land mine, your best option is going backwards and hoping there aren't any others behind you.

#27 Lostdragon

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 29 August 2016 - 01:15 PM

View PostKhobai, on 29 August 2016 - 09:08 AM, said:

energy draw isnt gonna fix anything

because even 30 damage is gonna lead to getting instakilled when you have 12v12

the problem is all the focus fire that was added in 12v12, thats what made TTK plummet

the current levels of armor/structure cant handle the damage you take in 12v12

we need to go back to 8v8 so theres less focus fire going around

I enjoyed 8v8 more myself, I would like to have it as an option.

#28 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 August 2016 - 01:17 PM

View PostLostdragon, on 29 August 2016 - 01:15 PM, said:

cant. Too many buckets not enough players

#29 Lostdragon

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 29 August 2016 - 01:21 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 29 August 2016 - 01:17 PM, said:

cant. Too many buckets not enough players

All our problems seem to be related to buckets now...

#30 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 29 August 2016 - 01:28 PM

View PostLostdragon, on 29 August 2016 - 01:21 PM, said:

All our problems seem to be related to buckets now...

Oh god. It's Homestuck all over again.
Posted Image

#31 Kyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 01:35 PM

View PostLostdragon, on 29 August 2016 - 01:15 PM, said:

I don't see it happening due to increased costs. If you actually try to make it as a premium-only option it would just mess up the general match-maker.

#32 Lostdragon

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 29 August 2016 - 01:37 PM

View PostKyrie, on 29 August 2016 - 01:35 PM, said:

I don't see it happening due to increased costs. If you actually try to make it as a premium-only option it would just mess up the general match-maker.

If it makes the game more enjoyable the perhaps it will increase player retention and conversion. That increased revenue might well offset any additional cost.

#33 ArchSight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 492 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 01:48 PM

View PostSpheroid, on 29 August 2016 - 07:49 AM, said:

Tell me again how a Boar's Head is immune to energy draw. Any loadout that didn't "mess it up" would be garbage and not fielded anyway.

Under current Energy Draw PTS2 everyone has to use the 30 Energy capacity to fire which means your not at a disadvantage. Energy Draw also comes with a cool down nerf to most of the weapons that makes having more weapons mounted on your mech to fire a advantage due to not having to wait for a single group of weapons that use up the 30 energy. Energy refill's quickly at a pace of 20 energy per sec. That's 1.5 seconds to 30 energy capacity. This means you can fire another group that uses up 30 energy in 1.5 seconds which is faster than most weapon cool down times due to the cool down nerfs.

I expect every MWO player to know exactly what energy draw does so read up and be informed. Ask questions before assuming. I'm tired of seeing misinformed hyperbole.

Energy Draw PTS1
https://mwomercs.com...ic-test-session
Energy Draw PTS2
https://mwomercs.com...w-pts-23aug2016

View PostOwen Miller, on 29 August 2016 - 12:14 PM, said:

This video by Snuggles Time disturbed me. I wonder if this will go live?

No because that's from Energy Draw PTS1 and currently Energy Draw PTS2 is on the test server. Things have changed sense when snuggle posted that video. The publish date of that video is before 23rd of august 2016. Russ confirmed on twitter, PGI is going to do a energy draw PTS3. The changes are not final from what we're seeing. That's why getting onto the player test server and providing your feedback on the system is a smart thing to do if you want informed changes to it.

Energy Draw PTS2

#34 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,252 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 29 August 2016 - 02:01 PM

View PostArchSight, on 29 August 2016 - 01:48 PM, said:

Under current Energy Draw PTS2 everyone has to use the 30 Energy capacity to fire which means your not at a disadvantage. Energy Draw also comes with a cool down nerf to most of the weapons that makes having more weapons mounted on your mech to fire a advantage due to not having to wait for a single group of weapons that use up the 30 energy. Energy refill's quickly at a pace of 20 energy per sec. That's 1.5 seconds to 30 energy capacity. This means you can fire another group that uses up 30 energy in 1.5 seconds which is faster than most weapon cool down times due to the cool down nerfs.

Frankly, anything that can't boat whatever the most efficient weapon is going to be at a disadvantage. Saying "Oh its all fair and even because everyone else is limited to the same 30 energy cap" is misleading because not all weapons are equal. Limiting all weapons as they are on the PTS opens the door to boating whatever is most blessed by the system. Its not balanced, there won't be a lot of variety, and its just not going to be fun.

#35 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 02:08 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 29 August 2016 - 08:50 AM, said:

Oh? Please quote in lore where it says that using all the weapons at once is "Lore". Thanks.

If you cant then be quiet.

Ummmm.....in lore it's called an Alpha Strike. They even had a tabletop game named after it.

Posted Image

#36 Unreliable Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 209 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 02:42 PM

View PostArchSight, on 29 August 2016 - 01:48 PM, said:

I expect every MWO player to know exactly what energy draw does so read up and be informed. Ask questions before assuming. I'm tired of seeing misinformed hyperbole.

Energy Draw PTS1
https://mwomercs.com...ic-test-session
Energy Draw PTS2

No because that's from Energy Draw PTS1 and currently Energy Draw PTS2 is on the test server. Things have changed sense when snuggle posted that video. The publish date of that video is before 23rd of august 2016. Russ confirmed on twitter, PGI is going to do a energy draw PTS3. The changes are not final from what we're seeing. That's why getting onto the player test server and providing your feedback on the system is a smart thing to do if you want informed changes to it.

Energy Draw PTS2

Thanks for quelling my fears. That looked a bit bananas.

#37 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 29 August 2016 - 02:44 PM

You can Alpha Strike to your hearts content.
But I maintain it should be a last ditch attack.
Not someone every 4.5 second attack.
Not without some serious consequences.

#38 ArchSight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 492 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 03:41 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 29 August 2016 - 02:01 PM, said:

Frankly, anything that can't boat whatever the most efficient weapon is going to be at a disadvantage. Saying "Oh its all fair and even because everyone else is limited to the same 30 energy cap" is misleading because not all weapons are equal. Limiting all weapons as they are on the PTS opens the door to boating whatever is most blessed by the system. Its not balanced, there won't be a lot of variety, and its just not going to be fun.

That's weapon balance after the implementation of Energy Draw which can change over and over again. Base Energy Draw values don't change per mech which means it's not the fault of the 30 energy capacity, 20 energy refill a second, and the linear 1 to 1 heat penalty. It's the different energy draw value's that are set on the weapons. Value's are not final so how about taking it to the energy draw PTS part of the forums to give feedback on it. Find the imbalances Gas Guzzler and let them know. When it's implemented it's likely to get more weapon value changes after they have a larger pool of player's to see what it does from statistics. Weapon balance on multiplayer games have a history of being re-balanced. It's not something that is game breaking as long as the Devs don't address the issue if it's a problem because that would prove that they're not doing anything to support the games community. There's always going to be some form of what the best thing to do is in a game but as long as that keeps changing to get to a balance it's not going to be game breaking. MWO is imbalanced right now and it's still alive.

PTS2 is a result of player's feedback. They spotted that duration weapons are at a disadvantage so energy draw weapon value's changed in order to try to get FLD weapons to be balanced vs duration weapons. Can it be done in another way with energy draw? Go drop it in the energy draw PTS part of the forums.

View PostNovakaine, on 29 August 2016 - 02:44 PM, said:

You can Alpha Strike to your hearts content.
But I maintain it should be a last ditch attack.
Not someone every 4.5 second attack.
Not without some serious consequences.

That's why the heat penalty is linear instead of exponential.

#39 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 09:02 PM

not really

8v8 was way better

even pgi knows it thats why their tournament is 8v8

#40 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 09:32 PM

[mod]This thread has been moved to Energy Draw Public Test.[/mod]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users